French beats Saunders in funny girl poll

French beats Saunders in funny girl poll

There are 13 comments on the Manchesteronline.co.uk story from Apr 16, 2006, titled French beats Saunders in funny girl poll. In it, Manchesteronline.co.uk reports that:

A FUNNY female vicar has topped a poll of the country's favourite sit-com characters - beating Manchester matriarchs from the Royal Family out of the Top 10.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Manchesteronline.co.uk.

girl on top

Victor Harbor, Australia

#1 Nov 11, 2006
jen is definetly the funniest,she did write ab fab,which makes you think she proberly wrote the majority of french and saunders!
jordon

AOL

#2 Nov 12, 2006
i love dawn and she is funny but jen is fuunier she has something that alot of people wish they had
Victoria

New Zealand

#3 Dec 2, 2006
^^ true true. Please don't make me choose. Jen is brilliant with Ab Fab, and Dawn is just plain great also. Honestly? Jen by one point.
Mia

Estói, Portugal

#4 Dec 15, 2006
girl on top wrote:
jen is definetly the funniest,she did write ab fab,which makes you think she proberly wrote the majority of french and saunders!
Oh so true!
Jen should have won!
Becca

Bedford, UK

#5 Feb 23, 2007
Notice how jen got two of her characters THAT SHE INVENTED in the top ten. she is far funnier than dawn but i love dawn as the vicar. except dawn doesnt write save for F&S.

vicar of dibley is great but it lacks the intellegent humour of abfab.

abfab is the best and jen should have won (with dawn second!)
smokescreen

Bucharest, Romania

#6 Mar 23, 2007
Dawn is really great but my vote goes for Jen...i bet that even Dawn would vote for Jen too.
becca

Hornchurch, UK

#7 May 21, 2007
Becca wrote:
Notice how jen got two of her characters THAT SHE INVENTED in the top ten. she is far funnier than dawn but i love dawn as the vicar. except dawn doesnt write save for F&S.
vicar of dibley is great but it lacks the intellegent humour of abfab.
abfab is the best and jen should have won (with dawn second!)
agreed!! i love dawn but Jen is far funnier

“french and saunders-a-holic”

Since: Jun 07

Ferntree Gully, Australia

#8 Jun 19, 2007
i dont know guys!
jen has a funnier delivery of lines sometimes i think but dawn is much better at the facial expression side of the comedy...for me its definitly straight down the line. they are both hilarious.
okay, i could never choose!
filmjoyce

Azle, TX

#9 Dec 23, 2007
Jen all the way.
tomnin

Chard, UK

#10 Mar 12, 2008
jennifer is hotter. mmmm
harry_serymour_c hels86

Chard, UK

#11 Mar 12, 2008
Saunders is brilliant. I love ab fab and im a straight guy! She has amazing breasts as well. I wan to motorboat her.
Shane

Derby, UK

#12 Aug 9, 2008
Jen is just the funniest and sexiest women at the moment... she should always come tops to me...
Amy Geeeeeeeee

Cleckheaton, UK

#13 Aug 23, 2009
Jen all the way! I used to think Dawn was funnier but since Jam & Jerusalem and The Life And Times Of Vivien Vyle came on I think Jen is probably a lot funnier, because she was the one who gave those funny lines to Dawn in the first place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawn French Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Location switch for Jen... (Mar '08) Jan '12 aaa 2
Watch Ep. 2 of 'Psychoville' and 'Todd + the Bo... (Aug '11) Aug '11 FEARnet 1
Premiere of Psychoville on FEARnet tonight! (Aug '11) Aug '11 FEARnet 1
News My First Million: Richard Armitage (Oct '10) Feb '11 anon 5
News Dawn French: Ia m proud of my body (Jan '11) Jan '11 martine 1
News Saunders speaks of cancer treatment (Dec '10) Dec '10 Lynn 1
News Dibley's farewell is ratings hit (Jan '07) Aug '10 katherine of kent... 4
More from around the web