Baz gives US peek at outback epic big...

Baz gives US peek at outback epic bigger than Texas

There are 7 comments on the The Sydney Morning Herald story from Jan 20, 2007, titled Baz gives US peek at outback epic bigger than Texas. In it, The Sydney Morning Herald reports that:

Boy from Oz ... Hugh Jackman with wife Deborah-lee Furness in New York. Photo: Lisa Carpenter BAZ Luhrmann's new film will be the biggest made in Australia, its star, Hugh Jackman, says.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sydney Morning Herald.

nahima

United States

#1 Jan 20, 2007
I hope it doesn't flop. It's hard to sell a movie called "Australia" to an American audience. I wish it had anothe title that suggest adventure.
LOVE

South Africa

#2 Jan 20, 2007
nahima wrote:
I hope it doesn't flop. It's hard to sell a movie called "Australia" to an American audience. I wish it had anothe title that suggest adventure.
i too was surprised at the title - just doesn't have 'oomph' or magic to me ... i was also surprised to hear it will be a musical - didn't see it like that. esp in his vaudeville style - which suited romeo and juliet and moulin rouge - so it should be a real challenge to pull it off!!

this could be nicole's swan song so a lot is riding on it for her esp
Lane

United States

#3 Jan 21, 2007
When is the Fur opening in the US? I have not seen anything about it I have never seen a Nicole Kidman movie.

Since: Jan 07

Cape Town

#4 Jan 22, 2007
Lane wrote:
When is the Fur opening in the US? I have not seen anything about it I have never seen a Nicole Kidman movie.
'To Die For' is her best.
Moulin Rouge is good technically and good singing.
Otherwise, I never get any 'internal dialogue' in any of her acting. To me she is an excellent poseur - great to watch...and very photogenic with the right cameramen - she knows how to work it [the camera]... that's her greatest talent, as Lagerfeld discussed once.
Kitty Whiskers

AOL

#5 Jan 22, 2007
I thought is was a epic drama, but I can be mistaken. But a musical I don't think it will go over very good. It might flop big time.
LOVE

South Africa

#6 Jan 22, 2007
Kitty Whiskers wrote:
I thought is was a epic drama, but I can be mistaken. But a musical I don't think it will go over very good. It might flop big time.
i also thought it was an epic drama and i really can't see it as a musical. baz is really brave and does really different stuff - romeo and juliet was a real departure but very interesting. moulin rouge was not a normal musical because of its humour and surreal vaudeville context ... so if anything, i am really really keen to see how baz does it! could be something quite unique - good luck. i just wish we didn't have to wait so long to see the results! am still waiting to see fur which i look forward to. i love RDJ. lucky nicole to get so up and close to all the dreamboats of our planet! i wonder what might have happened had nicole played the part of mrs smith opposite brad. the mind boggles esp more so what wouldn't have happened ... i.e. brangelina
LOVE

South Africa

#7 Jan 22, 2007
i personally think baz is in love with nicole - based on many observations i have made over the years. [i don't expect or need anyone to agree with me, ok]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Wenham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Wenham - nude! (Oct '11) Jun '14 Billy D 2
News Legend of the Guardians: the Owls of Ga'Hoole B... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Redwolf 1
News '300': Prepare for gore ... (Oct '07) Apr '08 Antonella 2
News '300' Makes $70M to Win Box Office (Jun '07) Jun '07 haider mahdi 1