For now, 2 Phila. stations have 1 sound

Full story: Philadelphia Inquirer

A rare two-station 'format flip' sent Sunny 104.5 and Smooth Jazz 106.1 to the radio boneyard yesterday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
ed bennett

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

area jazz fans surely feel as betrayed as i do. i (and i'm sure many, many others) will not be tuning in 106.1 any longer. not a good move.
ed bennett

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

big mistake. a real letdown for area jazz fans.
Bev Knowlton

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2006

The worse thing Phila ever did, I hate the station music it plays now. Bring our smooth jazz back!!
Dawn

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2006

I am completely and utterly upset that sunny 104.5 is gone. I coverted many coworkers to that station to listen to john tesh...and now its gone...very upset.
Angela

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2006

I can not believe you changed Sunny 104.5 to the junk being played now. Where is John Tesh in the am. I will notlisten to 104.5 if it remains as is.
Linda

Bryn Mawr, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2006

There's nothing left to smooth out my day!!!! Bring
back the Jazz!!!!
Mary

Blue Bell, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2006

We all need to keep up the pressure on Clear Channel Radio to bring back our Smooth Jazz to Philly
Linda wrote:
There's nothing left to smooth out my day!!!! Bring
back the Jazz!!!!
Jennifer

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2006

I am very upset that Sunny 104.5 being gone. The other day I went to the market with my little girl and she knows that it is Novemeber and looks forward to hearing Christmas songs. Boy did I get a surprise, who ever did this is a real grinch and they need to give Philly back their Christmas and put both stations back on the air. Someone should start a petition.
mike mattei

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2006

I came back from a vacation to find smooth jazz back on 97.5 fm where the classic rock station used to be! Don't know what we'll listen to on the local construction sites? Maybe it'll smooth us out? Nah.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent David Sanborn Discussions

Search the David Sanborn Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Candy Dulfer's funky stuff steals show at Palla... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Professor Michael 1
Changes in the air at two radio stations (Aug '06) Mar '11 alicia 1,031
Concer review: Jazz lineup of Sanborn, Duke a g... (Jul '10) Aug '10 Jazz Fan in Columbus 5
Interview with David Sanborn (Sep '08) Sep '08 cincygroove 1
Cultural Trust's latest woe: Wellington jazz fe... (Apr '08) Jun '08 FLA FLA FLOHIGH 23
Cultural Trust of the Palm Beaches fighting for... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Beet 4
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••