Firefighters bid farewell to one chie...

Firefighters bid farewell to one chief, welcome another

There are 6 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jul 16, 2010, titled Firefighters bid farewell to one chief, welcome another. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

John Senft officially retired after 37 years with York City Fire Services, including the last 10 years as chief.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Linda

AOL

#1 Jul 16, 2010
I though Bob Dizel would get FF of yhe year
BARNEY

AOL

#2 Jul 16, 2010
Linda wrote:
I though Bob Dizel would get FF of yhe year
Oh really, why is that? I thought his wife would get it!
Kathy Zinn

UK

#3 Jul 16, 2010
I remember when Senft was teaching at York Hospital the EMT class. I became a EMT 1983 and a friend of his. I went to Paramedic school and now I am overseas as a medic working with the military. I have been over in Iraq 3times and now I am in Afghanistan. I am so proud of you John great job!!!! Have a great Retirement!!!!! And now Michaels I use to work with you White Rose Ambulance. Wow I am so proud of you great job!!

Stay safe you guys
Brother

York, PA

#4 Jul 17, 2010
John did a lot of teaching and traveling on work time. Never had to live in the city either. WTG John!! Now a question about the rewards. Wouldn't it be nice if we knew what each person did to recieve an award?
Chief Chaos

York, PA

#5 Jul 17, 2010
Joke all you want about who should have gotten what. The city got what it deserved with the old and new chief. With the way things played out Senft got the gold mine and the city got the shaft.
Linda

AOL

#6 Jul 17, 2010
BARNEY wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really, why is that? I thought his wife would get it!
SHE IS NOT HIS WIFE and she got it 3 years ago. She is every guys wife.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Michaels Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mill Bay financial advisor investigated for fraud (Jun '13) Jun '13 Sharon Peters 1
pepper creek (Aug '11) Aug '11 bryan banks 1
News New location considered to replace York's aging... (May '11) May '11 Absurdity 11
More from around the web