'Californication' star in rehab for s...

'Californication' star in rehab for sex addiction

There are 47 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Aug 29, 2008, titled 'Californication' star in rehab for sex addiction. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

In a statement released Thursday by his lawyer, Stanton Stein, the actor said he did so voluntarily, adding: "I ask for respect and privacy for my wife and children as we deal with this situation as a family." ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
can you blame him

United States

#1 Aug 29, 2008
Have you seen Tea Leoni? Who can blame the guy for being addicted to HER?:-)
lisa

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Aug 29, 2008
MAYBE SHE'S THE ONE THAT NEEDS CONSTANT SERVICING every DAY?
beach bum

United States

#3 Aug 29, 2008
He probaly got married to young.
Rusty Shackleford

United States

#4 Aug 29, 2008
We used to call them perverts or deviants. Now they're sex addicts. What's the difference? And can they really be "rehabilitated" - short of castration? He must have gotten caught doing something really twisted by his wife, and this is his last chance to save his marriage...er, keep his house and half of his assets. What do you tell your children about this? They must be proud - gonna catch hell at school on Monday. Way to go Dad!
BoReD

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Aug 29, 2008
Californication?

When first seeing the headline I thought maybe they brought back Red Shoe Diaries for Duchovny
OVER sexed

Miami, FL

#7 Aug 29, 2008
How embarrasing. Having Tea Leoni for a wife, somethings gotta be wrong. Who knows what these head cases are doing or thinking. Everything you see on TV, MAGS , Advertising promotes sex. No wonder all our kids are FOOKED UP!
tony

Boca Raton, FL

#8 Aug 29, 2008
why is it a problem???? Sex is a given to us to bring feelings that uplift our life. To say how much one likes it or needs it is a problem????? What have we become. It's only a problem when a person has a high drive and can't find a release.(sounds funny but) Being serious how is this a problem? The real problem is that we can't just go to a place and get what they need. Our country has become to stuck on a prudest mentality. Live and let live as long as you don't hurt anybody. Come on people we only live once!!!
Big Willy

New York, NY

#10 Aug 29, 2008
His wife is a hottie. Who could blame him? I'd never want to leave the bedroom either.
Conservative Republican

Cocoa, FL

#11 Aug 29, 2008
Married to Tea Leoni and NOT a sex adict? If yes, cut it off and marry Rosie O'Donnell.
JoeBrown

United States

#19 Aug 29, 2008
I love how in today's society where there is absolutely zero personal accountability for your actions, everything a person does that is unacceptable is deemed an "addiction". Just beautiful how instead of being deemed a "selfish jerk who doesn't want to keep it in his pants" he is now a "poor unfortunate soul who is bravely battling a serious addiction." And no, this is not the opinion of some religious nutcase. Far from it. I'm about as non-religious as you can get. But I'm just a person who is sick and tired of a society in which everyone gets a free pass for unacceptable behavior by explaining it away as an "addiction". What's next? "I had to mug that old lady because my daddy didn't hug me enough when I was a kid."
MYOB

Orlando, FL

#20 Aug 29, 2008
Conservative Republican wrote:
Married to Tea Leoni and NOT a sex adict? If yes, cut it off and marry Rosie O'Donnell.
Agreed! I'm Gay and I think Tea Leoni is hot! Something about her eyes and the way she moves...
yuckkkk

Miami, FL

#21 Aug 29, 2008
Who the H E L L would want to sleep with that ugly piece of crap!
patrickfll

Hialeah, FL

#22 Aug 29, 2008
Sex addiction is not a disease.
Spare me the idiotic nature of the suggestion it is.
Pooh Bah

United States

#23 Aug 29, 2008
I thought he was gay.
beach bum

United States

#24 Aug 29, 2008
SO many of us suffer in silence.
you are a bunch of idiots

Germantown, TN

#25 Aug 29, 2008
cant you people read between the lines here??? he got caught and the only way out of it is to say he is addicted to sex and Tea fell for it.
W T F

Washington, DC

#26 Aug 29, 2008
So, what does that mean? Most sex addicts don't stay with one partner to get their fix? So who are all the women he's been bangin'? Or maybe it's men too?!
John Lennon

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#27 Aug 29, 2008
patrickfll wrote:
Sex addiction is not a disease.
Spare me the idiotic nature of the suggestion it is.
I agree. It's more of a scheduling problem.
Dickie

New Orleans, LA

#28 Aug 29, 2008
I hope this opens up dialogue about sex addiction. For too long it has been shoved to the back and the people who have it have been labeled as deviants or worse. Addiction is addiction regardless of it's label. But in the USA, sex is considered a dirty word. There are those who don't want people educated about sexuality and the issues surrounding it like addiction, diseases and preventive measures to not get pregnant or sick. Some parents don't want to talk to their kids but instead want the govenrment interaction. Then when schools do try to teach sex education, some of the parents or right wing nut jobs scream that the schools are trying to pervert their children. Sex can kill, ruin lives or be a pleasureable thing. It's time to start stop treating it as a taboo.
Burnsy

Merritt Island, FL

#29 Aug 29, 2008
This man is a hero.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Duchovny Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fox Orders 10 More Episodes Of the X-Files Apr '17 Yup 1
News The truth is out there: 'The X-Files is coming ... Apr '17 Old Sam 1
News Rock Report: Sebastian Bach Gears Up For ... (Jul '12) Feb '16 DRAMK 14
News X-Files wardrobe does not suit David Duchovny (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News David Duchovny: 'I'm open to doing 'The X-Files... (May '15) May '15 Marvin 1
News Mulder and Scully return as Fox TV revives 'The... (Mar '15) Apr '15 Paul Michael 2
News Researchers discover first fossils of 'weird' c... (Mar '15) Mar '15 A_Friend 2
More from around the web