Daytime Emmy Nominations Announced

Full story: NBC 11 San Francisco Bay Area

The women of "The View" have another chance to break their long Daytime Emmy losing streak.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated May 1, 2008
J in San Jose

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

Maybe since Rosie O'Donnell left - they will really have a good chance.
eportuguesa

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

The View has a better chance of winning now with that overbearing Rosie gone ! You go girls!
( I mean,Ladies)
Denise

Mount Royal, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

I am very disappointed to see that only one (1) actor
from GH was nominated, which was Anthony Geary...
It sure isn't like it used to be with All My Children,,
One Life to Live, and General Hospital...There was usually
2-3 actors/actresses from All My Children,,2-3 actors/actresses from One Life to Live and of
course, 2-3 actors/actresses from General Hospital nominated...

Anymore,,these three soap operas have been boring,,so long drawn out,,same old same old and the actors and actresses are
not what they used to be...Their roles are not exciting...

I used to enjoy watching Susan Lucci,(Erika Kane),,AMC
Maurice Benard,(Sonny Corinthos) GH,,,and many others like
Carly,,Jason, Rick, Jax, Alexis,,,but anymore the writers
producers, whoever, don't make the three soaps interesting to
watch,,but i will always admire all these actors/actresses
and always enjoy seeing them in Disney World for the Soap
Opera Stars Weekend...even though their roles are not played
as they once were,,too long drawn out with different happenings,,,,no excitment whatsoever...

It takes 6 months or more to see the end result of an event
to conclude what happens of the end result and so on and so on....I don't even watch SoapNet at night if i miss the daytime soap opera airtimes from 1:00 P.M.-4:00P.M....

I personally feel these are my 3 favorite soap operas,,,because of the actors/actresses i have grown to
really like for over 30 years now,,especially SUSAN LUCCI...
She is my favorite and is the best actress ever....and
should always be nominated and #1 WINNER,,Horray SUSAN LUCCI...
Thanks,,,,,,,,,Denise......... .
Santas best

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

I am COMPLETELY blown away that G.H. did not get more nominations other than the (obvious) Best Drama and Anthony Geary for Best Actor. Tyler Christopher (Nicholas) EASILY deserved a nomination if not the win for that cateogry. There were also other OUTSTANDING performaces by characters Spenelli, Diane and of course Jason that should have been recognized. If you look at all the nominations, it clearly looks to me like the whole ABC family got boycotted from this years accolades. It really is pathetic if not disappointing.
mollyjo

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

I know Days has been in the bottom for a while, but they have some really great actors, and to pass them up again is a crime. Congrats to Thaao (Tony) for a nomination. He is one of my favorites on the show, not to mention hot
Lillian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

I used to be a big fan of award shows because it gave me a chance to see my favorite actor/actress. However, quite frankly, with everything that is going on in the world, this all seems so frivolous. I too cannot believe that General Hospital didn't get more noiminations. Laura Wright (Carly)tore my heart watching her play a mother coming to grips with her son being shot and being in a permanent coma. I was so certain she would not only get nominated but, she would win the best actress award. I am definitely not watching the Emmys this year. These award shows like everthing else nowadays, is all political. Oh, one more thing...Dr. Phil and Tyra Banks...please don't get me started.
Elizabeth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2008

What in the world are they thinking, "The View"!! They all talk at the SAME time and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get anything out of it. Whoopie makes the rest of them shut up so she CAN speak, thank you Whoopie, but when Joy does her bit all that comes out of her mouth is negativeness and criticizism. I don't know how she can stand herself much less think anyone else can. Where did she get a liscense to run that mouth in high gear and be so damned judgemental about everyone. I don't see PERFECT stamped on her anywhere!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent David Canary Discussions

Search the David Canary Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'All My Children' Reboot adds more names to the... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Skater Boy 1
All My Children's Next Twist: No More Adam Chan... (Mar '10) Mar '10 regina 2
this is an Adam Chandler post (May '09) May '09 Debrey 1
Daytime Emmy Awards to be held (Jun '08) Jun '08 jay 1
CBS Leads Daytime Emmy Nominees - Network grabs... (Apr '08) May '08 Curious About Process 9
Walt Disney World Resort Super Soap Opera Weeke... (Jan '08) Jan '08 Ashlee East 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••