Dave Matthews Band Member Possible Victim of Fraud

There are 20 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jul 11, 2013, titled Dave Matthews Band Member Possible Victim of Fraud. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A world-renowned musician from Charlottesville may be the victim of fraud. A Richmond businessman is charged with skimming thousands from a man court documents identify as CBT - but we have reason to believe that man is Boyd Tinsley.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jul 12, 2013
oh, the travails of the rich
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jul 12, 2013
Money and trust, two issues people have a hard time acquiring.
CDP

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jul 12, 2013
I went to high school with Boyd Tinsley and he was a decent person, and wonderful musician. I am sure he is loving the fact his personal business is in the news....Try to report on something that is NOT just gossip ploy.
him

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jul 12, 2013
The Dave Matthews Band has held music lovers in fraud for years pretending to make music! I would rather listen to fingernails on the chalkboard than that noise and howling they seem to utter!
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jul 13, 2013
him wrote:
The Dave Matthews Band has held music lovers in fraud for years pretending to make music! I would rather listen to fingernails on the chalkboard than that noise and howling they seem to utter!
it helps to get ripped first
rsdyjdtshmtyn

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jul 13, 2013
It is sad when personnel issues of anyone's make it into the news. Even worse is the fact that jealous people want to bash someone because they are successful. Like "him" or "huck". I'm sure it tears you up inside that someone with talent actually strives to succeed with that talent to become wealthy or comfortable in today's society. So, crawl back into your holes you untalented, jealous, leeches of society and leave success to those that strive to be better. Slainte!
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jul 13, 2013
rsdyjdtshmtyn wrote:
It is sad when personnel issues of anyone's make it into the news. Even worse is the fact that jealous people want to bash someone because they are successful. Like "him" or "huck". I'm sure it tears you up inside that someone with talent actually strives to succeed with that talent to become wealthy or comfortable in today's society. So, crawl back into your holes you untalented, jealous, leeches of society and leave success to those that strive to be better. Slainte!
jealous of a fool who can't manage his wealth?
although he made out pretty good on biscuit run at taxpayers' expense
Mike

Wirtz, VA

#8 Jul 13, 2013
If they get the money back I like the idea of donating it to a state park.
ric dave

Richmond, VA

#9 Jul 13, 2013
I know Andy and everyone in the ric knew he was sketchy for years. He is also a financial manager for multiple other people. People you have heard of i am sure it will all come out. Andy is the polar opposite of a virginia gentleman sad but not shocking. Richmond Dave
Walose

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jul 14, 2013
him wrote:
I could not have put it better myself.That DMB noise is absolutely dreadful!
CVLbizman

Glen Allen, VA

#12 Jul 14, 2013
There are two sides to this story.
Mr Rothenberg made a fortune managing Boyd's finances. Why would he need the steal 200K?
I would look into the details and actions of Mr Tinsley to get the full story.
Dwilliams

Alexandria, VA

#13 Jul 14, 2013
CVLbizman wrote:
Mr Rothenberg made a fortune managing Boyd's finances. Why would he need the steal 200K?
Innocent people don't plead guilty to felonies.
Ike jones

Alexandria, VA

#14 Jul 14, 2013
CVLbizman wrote:
He was paid $50 K per year.... Not exactly a fortune.
Ike jones

Alexandria, VA

#15 Jul 14, 2013
ric dave wrote:
I know Andy and everyone in the ric knew he was sketchy for years. He is also a financial manager for multiple other people. People you have heard of i am sure it will all come out. Andy is the polar opposite of a virginia gentleman sad but not shocking. Richmond Dave
Boyd Tinsley is no saint...the truth will come out eventually!
Greg F

Glen Allen, VA

#16 Jul 14, 2013
Ike jones wrote:
<quoted text>
He was paid $50 K per year.... Not exactly a fortune.
$50K a year is not accurate. Look at tax records.
ric dave

Richmond, VA

#17 Jul 15, 2013
Greg F wrote:
<quoted text>
$50K a year is not accurate. Look at tax records.
I Have heard all of the allegations about Boyd but if they are true why would you be pleading guilty. Don't you think it might be time to let the cat out the bag before pleading guilty to a FELONY. Peeps around here have been talking about this for at least 6 months.
ric dave

Richmond, VA

#18 Jul 15, 2013
Ike jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Boyd Tinsley is no saint...the truth will come out eventually!
I will say if what he says about Boyd is accurate then Boyd Tinsley belongs in jail. If true that would be crazy lets hope that is not true. I would think that info would have been able to keep you from pleading guilty to a FELONY.
lady BS

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Jul 15, 2013
Hang that SOB
lady BS

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Jul 15, 2013
Mr. Rothenberg
the deal

High Point, NC

#21 Jul 15, 2013
I had to laugh at the very first post on the thread. Its Huck again. Boy, Huck, I hope you never marry into money or some distant relative leaves you a huge fortune...you might get a rude awakening when you actually try to keep what belongs to you...

Even the Bible says,'To those that have, more will be given. And to those who have not, even that which they have will be take away.' This is actually the way the Universe works...but it remains a mystery to many.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dave Matthews Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Life as a black Dave Matthews Band fan (Jul '13) Jul '13 dev143 15
Song with long loud ending (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jim 1
News Dave Matthews Band to perform at Hershey Stadium (Jul '13) Jul '13 Heather 1
News Dave Matthews Band Will Donate to 'Build Crozet... (Mar '13) Mar '13 CvilleMechEngr 17
News UVA's Sorensen Institute and Bama Works Offer S... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Santa 1
News DMB Bama Works Fund in CACF Provides Grants to ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 IMPEACH THE MARXIST 3
News ArtsBeat: Dave Matthews Concert to Benefit Hurr... (Nov '12) Nov '12 arsebeat 1
More from around the web