'Machete' - sharp social satire or re...

'Machete' - sharp social satire or reverse racism?

There are 46 comments on the LA Daily News story from Sep 2, 2010, titled 'Machete' - sharp social satire or reverse racism?. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Some will view the new film "Machete" as a send-up of exploitation movie excess - a fun, if low-down, frolic through outlandish violence and gratuitous nudity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MajorSeventh

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Sep 3, 2010
There is no such thing as "reverse" racism. This term presumes that only whites can be racist. That's a racist presumption in and of itself. Thanks Daily News.
Miguel

Oceanside, CA

#2 Sep 3, 2010
....PERRO PUDO!!!! VIVA ARIZONA!! NO mas illegales!!
hell in a hand basket

Coachella, CA

#3 Sep 3, 2010
So tired of billboards in spanish, press one for english.....etc. AMERICA, where are you?

I think he is a great actor, but I am not going to give a dime to an Anti American Movie.

Thanks Daily news.
wow

Bakersfield, CA

#4 Sep 3, 2010
cant wait to see this flick..looks fun.. if white folks get mad at this film, shouldnt of voted for an official who allowed the immigration spill.. keep in mind, it was white men who allowed this mess.. but now they want to backtrack.. funny thing is , western countries such as america, france and britain for years have invaded other countries.. but i guess since the 90s, these countries just took a break from invading and allowed the invasion of mexicans.. whites from certain ancestortry are wimps and loud mouths.. if our forefathers were german, dutch, or russian and not irish, french, or british, we wouldnt have an immigration problem. so stop hating on mexicans.. didnt your dads teach you when you were little how to pull weeds in the flower beds? remember how dad said ''you must pull the weed from the root or it will always grow back'' well white folks, your white officials represent the root of those weeds.
Schmuck

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Sep 3, 2010
Well well , after decades of being ignored by movie industry Latino actors finally get a chance and you knucleheads start crying anti american . What a joke . It's a movie fools . Where's the public outcry for Latinos being constantly portrayed as gardeners , housekeepers and gang members ? Yes they were non- threatening so that's ok. This is a action movie with no hidden call to arms as some of you irresponsible paranoid fools claim. Im just glad to see some Latino actors get some work for a change. Get over it , Oh and hell in a hand basket you better tell Maria to go easy on the Lysol and can you get
Jose to put down that noisy leaf blower and use a broom for God's sake your paying him 30 bucks a month to keep your lawn looking good. Racist Hypocrites all of you
CheteUno

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Sep 3, 2010
MajorSeventh wrote:
There is no such thing as "reverse" racism. This term presumes that only whites can be racist. That's a racist presumption in and of itself. Thanks Daily News.
Everbody knows racism is a White man's disease.
Johan

Vallda, Sweden

#7 Sep 3, 2010
Just the headline are weird why add the word reverse ?
Is it to point out that only whites are racist, well the media and Hollywood has succeded, every movie more or less has a blond/white/blueeyed murderer, rapist, sadist, that goes for men.
Women who are prostitutes, bullies,bimbos and evil sluts are to 90% nordic looking.
That is pure evil racism that goes on everyday.
No I'm sorry it's not racism that is reverse racism....
Maria

San Diego, CA

#8 Sep 3, 2010
This movie looks like a turd.
wow

Bakersfield, CA

#9 Sep 3, 2010
CheteUno wrote:
<quoted text>
Everbody knows racism is a White man's disease.
whats the point of white female pantsuits or folks like the kennedys or even jerry brown?? these people are all white and they always side with you folks.. it must suck to see white race traders helping you guys and still be labeld as a racist according to your thoughts.. keep in mind, it was the white man who allowed your ancestors to be here and get amnesty. so another words, not all whites are friends or are teaming up against minorities.. it was the white mans decision to allow the corruption of mexico on our american soil.
wow

Bakersfield, CA

#10 Sep 3, 2010
hell in a hand basket wrote:
So tired of billboards in spanish, press one for english.....etc. AMERICA, where are you?
I think he is a great actor, but I am not going to give a dime to an Anti American Movie.
Thanks Daily news.
your senate and congress are anti-american.. you pay taxes dont you?
wow

Bakersfield, CA

#11 Sep 3, 2010
Maria wrote:
This movie looks like a turd.
the movie got higher star ratings than the other new movies out. looks like Danny Trejo is going to be bigger than george cloony this weekend.. Dannys a real true hollywood story.. he didnt come from a rich family or had any hollywood connections.. and as we can see, hes defenitly not a handsome hunk.. he has been in prisons most of his life and sufferd from drug addiction as a youth and he over came many obsticals.. hes from pacoima, not west L.A. hes an inspiration to the human flaws of life.
Free is free

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Sep 3, 2010
It's a little of both, actually, but so were many "Blaxploitation" films from back in the day. I saw the trailer and the special effects are hokey, the acting seems forced and the production quality is second-rate.

That said, I wasn't going to see any other movies this weekend, so my skipping this one isn't much of a loss.

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Addison, TX

#15 Sep 3, 2010
wow wrote:
<quoted text>the movie got higher star ratings than the other new movies out. looks like Danny Trejo is going to be bigger than george cloony this weekend.. Dannys a real true hollywood story.. he didnt come from a rich family or had any hollywood connections.. and as we can see, hes defenitly not a handsome hunk.. he has been in prisons most of his life and sufferd from drug addiction as a youth and he over came many obsticals.. hes from pacoima, not west L.A. hes an inspiration to the human flaws of life.
"like Danny Trejo is going to be bigger than george cloony this weekend.. "

Danny who?

This movie has some very hot women in it.

Better than the "Expendables."

Since: Aug 10

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Sep 3, 2010
This Movie is going to be funny as hell, To begin with if you all remeber it started as a joke when sb1070 came out. True some may feel the right to bare arms afterwards,Of course doesn't help The views towards the ILLegal invasion, lets hope it feeds the propaganda machine (USA to Invade Mexico)
must stop the Machete terroist
Bureaucratic Mess

Pasadena, CA

#17 Sep 3, 2010
"The movie climaxes with a small army of Latino lowriders, busboys and gardeners attacking the compound of a Minutemen-like group."

So, for La Raza, MECHA, Reconquistas, and the rest of the anti-American, anti-Caucasian Latino crowd ... it ends with their fondest fantasy.
Gunther

Moorpark, CA

#19 Sep 3, 2010
zionists fomenting delusions of grandeur in low brow latino chicken necks. I can see it now. Dozens of frustrated hispanic males will be attacking Whites, identifying with "machete".

Anyone that supports this film maker by buying tickets and products associated should have their heads examined.

Not a nickle to this clown.
R Ebert

Santa Clara, CA

#20 Sep 3, 2010
This is my favorite clip from the movie:

tech mama

Beverly Hills, CA

#21 Sep 3, 2010
Schmuck wrote:
Well well , after decades of being ignored by movie industry Latino actors finally get a chance and you knucleheads start crying anti american . What a joke . It's a movie fools . Where's the public outcry for Latinos being constantly portrayed as gardeners , housekeepers and gang members ? Yes they were non- threatening so that's ok. This is a action movie with no hidden call to arms as some of you irresponsible paranoid fools claim. Im just glad to see some Latino actors get some work for a change. Get over it , Oh and hell in a hand basket you better tell Maria to go easy on the Lysol and can you get
Jose to put down that noisy leaf blower and use a broom for God's sake your paying him 30 bucks a month to keep your lawn looking good. Racist Hypocrites all of you
Finally get a chance? WTF? Where have you been? Freddie Prinz, Cheech & Chong, Jimmy Smits, Desi Arnaz, any so many others I can't count have been latinos in movies. Many made by the actors and their friends. Get over it yourself!
nojoke

Salinas, CA

#22 Sep 3, 2010
Funny seems only white people see this as racist.. Just read them comments in this section. America is so ignorant and disgusting. Pure hatred you people hold for people who are AMERICANS.
old timer

Santa Ana, CA

#23 Sep 3, 2010
You mean white folks who are euro-interlopers to America?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danny Trejo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wizard World Comic Con brings big names to Sacr... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Fats Watson 2
News Rich Goes To The Movies: 'Men In Black III,' Re... (May '12) May '12 Marielaina Perron... 1
News 'Sons of Anarchy' and 'Machete' star Danny Trej... (Oct '11) Oct '11 diego 1
Danny Trejo - nude ! (Aug '11) Aug '11 Fletcher 1
Video 'Machete's' Danny Trejo in GDLA (May '11) May '11 Marina 2
News New On DVD, Blu-Ray: 'Machete,' 'Schmucks' (Jan '11) Jan '11 Norma Desmond 4
News When it's not LOL-funny, Machete is downright dull (Sep '10) Sep '10 7450 woot 1
More from around the web