Danny Glover urges solidarity for Ind...

Danny Glover urges solidarity for Indiana protesters

There are 14 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 28, 2011, titled Danny Glover urges solidarity for Indiana protesters. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Actor and activist Danny Glover has urged labor union members protesting at the Indiana Statehouse to stand in solidarity against what he called an organized campaign attacking American workers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

why

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Feb 28, 2011
Can somebody explain to me why anyone should give a ratsass what some hollywood actor thinks.
Ted of Beverly Hills

Roy, WA

#2 Feb 28, 2011
Who?
plymn

Burnsville, MN

#3 Feb 28, 2011
Has anyone in IN or WI noticed much different since these gatherings started? What does that tell you about how essential these people's jobs are to people's daily lives?
RIOT

Madison, WI

#4 Feb 28, 2011
Perhaps Danny Glover thinks he is above everyone else? He has some kind of stake in this situation? I use to enjoy his acting, now all I see is someone who is easily swayed by the current "rage". Somebody tell him it's not in to be liberal anymore.
crab man

United States

#5 Feb 28, 2011
horay, last day for black misery month, no more, we a whining about being slaves and ignorant.
crab man

United States

#6 Feb 28, 2011
whats a danny glover, sounds like a fish????
Marx Karl Dayton

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Feb 28, 2011
Danny should serve up some cash to help the cause he so dearly loves. Maybe a surcharge tax on all Lethal Weapon video sales and rentals would help!
Blizno

Elk River, MN

#8 Feb 28, 2011
RIOT wrote:
Perhaps Danny Glover thinks he is above everyone else? He has some kind of stake in this situation? I use to enjoy his acting, now all I see is someone who is easily swayed by the current "rage". Somebody tell him it's not in to be liberal anymore.
Ha ha ha! One chooses one's political party to be "in"?
First, your claim is false. Liberals make up the overwhelming majority in USA. Conservatives don't have the numbers but they have most of the wealth, being owned as they are by the super-wealthy.
Second, I don't care a fig what is "in". I care about my fellow citizens and am horrified by the huge putsch to strip freedom from the vast majority of Americans so that the tiny few at the very top can reap even more wealth.
Make no mistake. Robbing Wisconsin public servants of their right of collective bargaining is only the thin edge of the wedge. Much worse is in store.
merks

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Feb 28, 2011
Americans claiming to be liberal is 20%. while the other 80% is divided between republican and independent. Only 12% of Americans belong to a union.
Now why should we have the minority dictate what the majority does?
After the display of the union workers behavior the last week in a half, the public is appalled and look for more states to get rid of public unions.
Blizno with your info you are more then qualified to work for either the daily kos or media matters.
Black Buck

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Feb 28, 2011
You tell 'em, Mr. Glover!
Rights for all or None

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Mar 1, 2011
merks wrote:
Americans claiming to be liberal is 20%. while the other 80% is divided between republican and independent. Only 12% of Americans belong to a union.
Now why should we have the minority dictate what the majority does?
After the display of the union workers behavior the last week in a half, the public is appalled and look for more states to get rid of public unions.
Blizno with your info you are more then qualified to work for either the daily kos or media matters.
While only 13.6% of (employed) Americans belong to a union, They are still US Citizens, and deserve their rights as much as all other Americans.

Once Good Ol' Uncle Sam starts taking away the rights of various "minorities", when will they stop?

At what point will you* lose a right because you* are in the minority?
crab man

United States

#12 Mar 1, 2011
Black Buck wrote:
You tell 'em, Mr. Glover!
Awwwww, march 1st, no black misery week, thank fricken god, no more whining about being a slave and ignorant, yippeeeeeee.
Black Buck

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Mar 1, 2011
crab man wrote:
<quoted text>Awwwww, march 1st, no black misery week, thank fricken god, no more whining about being a slave and ignorant, yippeeeeeee.
How true! Now we can get down to serious business....like White guys with $100K-per-year jobs whining that Obama should produce his birth certificate and that the 2nd Amendment gives them the right to convert an AR-15 to full auto.
black betty

Hudson, WI

#14 Mar 2, 2011
Black Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
How true! Now we can get down to serious business....like White guys with $100K-per-year jobs whining that Obama should produce his birth certificate and that the 2nd Amendment gives them the right to convert an AR-15 to full auto.
really you mean i can legally convert my m-16 to full auto, thatís very cool, do you happen to know where i can get this done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danny Glover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
danny glovers teeth in shooters (Mar '07) Nov '16 Dianaland 34
News 'Anti-Gay' Pastor To Speak At Black Church Meet... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Beauty QUEEN 2
News Danny Glover supports Unifor (Sep '14) Sep '14 screwed again by ... 1
News Pittsburgh joins world in honoring Mandela (Dec '13) Dec '13 Old Cynic sux 2
News Convictions, 22-year term upheld in $30 million... (Oct '13) Oct '13 TEA 1
News Mel Gibson - Mel Gibson Rules Out Lethal Weapon 5 (Aug '12) Aug '12 Mel Gibson Fan 2
danny glover traitor (Sep '06) Mar '12 TruePatriot 6
More from around the web