Meaning of independence involves just...

Meaning of independence involves justice, equality

There are 3 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Sep 17, 2010, titled Meaning of independence involves justice, equality. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

The days Sept. 15 and 16 are special holidays in the history of Latin America. It is important to discuss the meaning of these days when, for too many people in the United States, because of money-hungry advertisers, the days are now comprised of beer commercials and Latino stereotypes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

P Olsen

Claremont, CA

#1 Sep 17, 2010
Justice would be tossing the millions of illegals back over the fence. They have no right to be here and there can be no justice nor equality as long as they are allowed to remain in this country.
Felipe

Hesperia, CA

#2 Sep 17, 2010
Mr. Zapata, take your "true citizenship" (i.e. anarchy) back to Mexico.
We have a Constitution and laws.
That's why you're here and not there.
Dare

Anaheim, CA

#3 Sep 19, 2010
Mr. Calderon,

I wonder, do you feel the same way about Mexico's immigration laws?
Reglamento de la Ley General de Poblacion;
or Law of the Population.

Illegalimigration is a felony in Mexico, 1st offense is up to two years in jail. Someone who is deported and returns can be jaled for 10 years. Visa violation carries a 6 year term.

Also, foreigners who; "violate Mexican law, are not "physically or mentally healthy" or lack the "necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents." Can be deported.

I guess it would be incovenient for a professor of such high standing, to question the laws of a Latin American country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

D a Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iowans split on approval of Dow's biotech seeds (Feb '14) Feb '14 susan 1
News Diet pill Hydroxycut taken off shelves (May '09) Sep '12 Ha Ha 12
News I-N-C-R-E-D-A-B-L-E: Some pastors sleep with pe... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Odobo elliot 1
News The true meaning of independence (Sep '10) Sep '10 Maria 6
News Health officials: 'Do not eat or taste this coo... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Oregon is Disgusting 1
News Thoughts of mortality fill D a de los Muertos (Nov '08) Nov '08 Jake 2
News Letters: Don't insult the cows (Jun '08) Jun '08 Robot 2