Irving mayor defends increased deport...

Irving mayor defends increased deportations

There are 19 comments on the Quick story from Sep 23, 2007, titled Irving mayor defends increased deportations. In it, Quick reports that:

“And we've gone from doing 30 haircuts a day to sometimes just five.”

By ISABEL C. MORALES and BRANDON FORMBY / Al Da imorales@aldiatx.com ; bformby@dallasnews.com ROBERTO M. SANCHEZ/Al Dia Dar o Vel squez recently sent his two children back to Honduras to be with his wife, who ... via Quick

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Quick.

JTR

“Common Sense Please”

Since: Jun 07

Fort Worth

#1 Sep 24, 2007
Good work Irving. I wish Fort Worth would follow your lead.
JASON FOX

Dallas, TX

#2 Sep 24, 2007
IRVING WILL PAY FOR THIS TERRIBLE MISTAKE.
LBT

United States

#3 Sep 25, 2007
JASON FOX wrote:
Please elaborate...
How can you consider this a terrible mistake?
DATT

United States

#4 Sep 26, 2007
I applaud the efforts of the City of Irving to deport criminal illegals. Illegals have no place in the U.S. although Mexico is working hard to dissolve our sovereignty and to dictate U.S. policy. Every city in the U.S. should be this proactive.

It's heartbreaking that so many U.S. citizens are struggling economically, educationally, medically, etc. They aren't getting the services they need and deserve but illegals certainly are raking it in. I don't get the Social Security I paid in and earned, but illegals qualify for Social Security. Where's the justice in that?

In Frisco we're moving toward a curfew for kids under 17. It's probably a good idea but there's this paradox - teens can't hang out after a certain hour but illegals can ly in the grass, hang out all day long in the daylight and nothing happens. Where's the U.S.A. in which I grew up?
Great story

Houston, TX

#5 Sep 27, 2007
Good going Irving. maybe Houston will follow
Great story

Houston, TX

#6 Sep 27, 2007
JASON FOX wrote:
they will pay buy having more money for the tax payers. They will pay because the legal people in Irving Texas can get medical care that they pay for.

they will pay by taking thier city back.

were can I donate ?
Big Tim

Fort Worth, TX

#7 Sep 27, 2007
Yahoo!! Mayor Gears , Do not back down . You are doing the right thing .Keep this up and maybe we will get our once beutiful , safe city back .
Rey

AOL

#8 Oct 2, 2007
Thank you mayor! I hope your type of courage spreads to my state of CA
Jen

AOL

#9 Oct 2, 2007
This country is in the process of being taken back.
Viridiana

Austin, TX

#10 Oct 16, 2007
A Financial Analysis of the Impact to the State Budget and Economy

December 2006

Source: Carole Keeton Strayhorn, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.

• The Pew Hispanic Center estimates that between 1.4 million and 1.6 million undocumented immigrants resided in Texas in March 2005.[58] To achieve a conservative estimate, this analysis relies on the lower boundary of this range.

• The absence of the estimated 1.4 million undocumented immigrants in Texas in fiscal 2005 would have been a loss to our gross state product of $17.7 billion. Undocumented immigrants produced $1.58 billion in state revenues, which exceeded the $1.16 billion in state services they received.

• Eliminating 1.4 million immigrants would have resulted in a 2.3 percent decline in employment, a 2.6 percent decline in personal income and a 2.8 percent decline in disposable personal income in 2005. This change also would generate a 2.1 percent decline in the gross state product (GSP), the broadest measure of the value of all goods and services produced in Texas.

• Undocumented immigrants, thus, contributed nearly $1.6 billion in estimated revenue as taxpayers in fiscal 2005. State revenues included in the analysis can be grouped in five categories: consumption taxes and fees, lottery proceeds, utility taxes, court fees and all other revenue. In addition, local school property tax revenue is estimated. Consumption tax revenue totals are composed primarily of revenue from the sales tax, motor vehicle sales and use tax, gasoline tax, alcoholic beverage taxes, cigarette and tobacco taxes and the hotel tax.

Estimated Effects of Removing 1.4 Million Unauthorized Immigrants from Texas in 2005
2005 2010 2015 2020 2025
Total Employment loss 298,000 287,100 293,800 296,300 302,700
Total Gross Regional Product loss (Billions of Fixed 2000$)$17.7 $18.7 $20.5 $21.4 $22.6
Personal Income loss (Billions, current dollars)$18.5 $19.0 $24.6 $32.6 $42.9
Loss in Exports to Rest of World (millions of Fixed 2000$)$66.5 $390.1 $548.0 $387.7 $123.9
Net Population loss from baseline 1,309,000 1,033,000 899,400 831,300 784,400
Labor Force Loss 714,100 434,000 340,500 281,200 281,600
JACKSON

Carrollton, TX

#11 Oct 16, 2007
A wealth of Information on how the illegal invaders affect us.

http://www.numbersusa.com/index
Like a Rock

United States

#12 Oct 16, 2007
Jen wrote:
This country is in the process of being taken back.
No its not. Things have not even begun to change.
Like a Rock

United States

#13 Oct 16, 2007
DATT wrote:
I applaud the efforts of the City of Irving to deport criminal illegals. Illegals have no place in the U.S. although Mexico is working hard to dissolve our sovereignty and to dictate U.S. policy. Every city in the U.S. should be this proactive.
It's heartbreaking that so many U.S. citizens are struggling economically, educationally, medically, etc. They aren't getting the services they need and deserve but illegals certainly are raking it in. I don't get the Social Security I paid in and earned, but illegals qualify for Social Security. Where's the justice in that?
In Frisco we're moving toward a curfew for kids under 17. It's probably a good idea but there's this paradox - teens can't hang out after a certain hour but illegals can ly in the grass, hang out all day long in the daylight and nothing happens. Where's the U.S.A. in which I grew up?
Undocumented immigrants are far less likely to utilize social services than white Americans, and the reason is really quite obvious. Undocumented immigrants are affraid of being deported, so they often hide from social workers and school counsellors because they are affraid of being discovered and deported. I have worked with social workers tasked with providing protection to disadvantaged children under the McKinney- Vento Act, which, among other things, prohibits discrimination against undocumented immigrant children. Even though these children are protected by this fabulous piece of Federal Legislation, the social workers have stated that the children and their parents often flee from them even though they are working in their service, because of fear of deportation. Actually, white women are the fastest growing users of social services. This phenomenon has even been called the Feminization of Poverty by sociologists. So don't believe the hipe that undocumented immigrants are stealing our social services from us. Sure, there are dead beats in every race, religion, and creed, but the reality is that its just a lot harder for these folks to utilize our social services. Let's be practical: Support conditional amnesty, and get behind a decision that's good for our country and good for them.
Ann54

Flower Mound, TX

#14 Oct 16, 2007
Illegal Immigrants Cost L.A. County $1 Billion A Year
Taxpayers in the nation’s most populous county pay more than $1 billion annually for services that go to illegal immigrants with the biggest chunks going to welfare and food stamp benefits followed by healthcare.
http://www.corruptionchronicles.com/2007/10/i...
Viridiana

Austin, TX

#15 Oct 19, 2007
Immigrants do not qualify for food stamps, due to their status. Do your research first!
WALKER

Carrollton, TX

#16 Oct 19, 2007
JASON FOX wrote:
Grand Prairie should be doing 3 times this amount. Along with the locals calling ICE we are succeeding.

Local law enforcement

The Irving police's Criminal Alien Program has drawn the ire of Hispanic activists for the high number of suspected illegal immigrants turned over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement. ICE officials said Irving turns over more people than any other North Texas law enforcement agency. Here is a list of the seven top agencies and how many people they turned over last month:

1. Irving police, 170

2. Dallas County Sheriff, 100

3. Collin County Sheriff, 76

4. Grand Prairie police, 47

5. Garland police, 56

6. Farmers Branch police, 48

7. Denton County Sheriff, 43
kevin

United States

#17 Nov 3, 2007
grand prairie,texas police dept. are afraid of illegal aliens!
fbsgames

United States

#18 Dec 16, 2007
Wish Fort Worth do the same!!!!!!!
T_LC

Irving, TX

#19 Dec 16, 2007
Actually the current numbers for Irving as 2700

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

D a Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iowans split on approval of Dow's biotech seeds (Feb '14) Feb '14 susan 1
News Diet pill Hydroxycut taken off shelves (May '09) Sep '12 Ha Ha 12
News I-N-C-R-E-D-A-B-L-E: Some pastors sleep with pe... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Odobo elliot 1
News The true meaning of independence (Sep '10) Sep '10 Maria 6
News Meaning of independence involves justice, equality (Sep '10) Sep '10 Dare 3
News Health officials: 'Do not eat or taste this coo... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Oregon is Disgusting 1
News Thoughts of mortality fill D a de los Muertos (Nov '08) Nov '08 Jake 2
More from around the web