Blues Traveler, to play at Magic Springs

Jun 28, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Log Cabin Democrat

Blues/rock jam band Blues Traveler will perform songs such as "Run-around" and "Hook" when they take the stage at 8 p.m. July 14 for the seventh concert of the summer concert series at the Timberwood ... via Log Cabin Democrat

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Kelly Chitwood

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Blues Travelers stood us up on the 14th. We were out travel expenses, time and didn't get to see the concert. Our group was able to make it to the show on time, why couldn't John Popper?
BlackCatOBX

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Well, I know for a fact that the band and their management did everything that they could possibly do, including trying to charter a private airplane, to get John to the venue. It could not be done. This band is not in the habit of cancelling any shows and the venue releasing that they never even tried to get John there was a total lie. Maybe the venue should have told the fans the real truth, not their version of what they thought the truth to be. BT fans know that the bans would never cancel a show unless the situation was completely unavoidable.
brenden carl schultz

Victoria, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

yeah, i agree, i spent all night driving two nights in a row to and back from magic springs to and back to see one of my heroes in the same concert just to get there both times to see cars turning around, people shouting out of cars, disgruntled with popper and the park. i say to the man at the gate, "no show?" "nope," they reply. but why? well popper didn't show. i don't want to wish ill on the man or his band, but i really hope i find out there was some kind of reason. otherwise i'm pretty disappointed.
BlackCatOBX

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

The first day, John's flight was delayed out of Seattle. He was not going to make the connection and there were no other flights. The second day, while he was in route to Houston, airplane still in the air, they cancelled his connecting flight. They did not delay it or reschedule it, the airline flat out cancelled it. The band tried everything to get him there, and there was no way and it being a seven hour drive, there was no way for him to even drive from Houston to Arkansas to make the show. They did try everything. They did apologize and stated that the band would make the show up at a later date. The park telling people that John just didn't try to get there was a lie. There was no way to get him there. No airport within four hours from the venue had any flights that would get him there on time.
campy

Rosston, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2008

I was there woking the venue and everything was set in place only to be dismanteled , I was told john just would not get on the plane , Personaly I dont beleive it , I was also disapointed, and really wanted to meet john and the gang , maybe have a harp autographed by the master , but alas I to was sad , oh by the way dude russelville is not an all night drive,,, speed it up and you will be in hot springs in what,, 2 hours , I rode my bycycle in about 4 and a 1/2 hours , let me tell you that mountain outside of ola is a m,f ,!!!

“Online Truck Driving Jobs”

Since: May 08

Hot Springs Arkansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

The bottom line is Blues Traveler was the main event this year at Magic Springs and it didn't happen. A lot of people even boght the $50.00 season pass just for this concert. I think the band should pay a hefty fine for standing up all of us fans. Brian http://hotspringsbikerbar.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Creedence Discussions

Search the Creedence Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Creedance Clearwater Revival playin' next Thursday (Sep '13) Sep '13 Maxine Troutman 1
John Fogerty (Jul '13) Jul '13 Maxine Troutman 1
'I don't feel like retiring,' John Fogerty says (Jun '13) Jun '13 Maxine Troutman 1
Wrote a Song for Everyone (May '13) May '13 Maxine Troutman 1
'I don't feel like retiring,' John Fogerty says (May '13) May '13 Maxine Troutman 1
Keith Urban and John Fogerty Swap Licks At Poin... (Mar '08) Jan '13 Maxine Troutman 6
Steve Smith: Classic pop, rock and country (Aug '11) Aug '11 blacksheep 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••