Fogerty Revels in his 'Revival'

Oct 7, 2007 Full story: Asbury Park Press Online

“I had this ongoing conversation with myself that I should get back to my center and not allow myself to be distracted. I felt I had gone off on tangents. While those things are interesting to me, fans don't necessarily come with you. 'On 'Deja Vu”

HEAR THAT RAUCOUS beast stomping out of 'Green River's' depths? It's the return of the swamp thing, the choogling signature sound of Creedence Clearwater Revival reborn on John Fogerty's new album, 40 years ... via Asbury Park Press Online

Full Story
D-E-L-Jr-

Fairborn, OH

#1 Oct 10, 2007
As my father siad and I am my self CCR is or was ahead of there time. I as alaws was as all rock southern defie CCR.D.E.L.Jr.x1976.rockandroll @yahoo.com
rawhoop

Canada

#2 Oct 22, 2007
Revival eh?
Well i guess i'll still be waiting for fogerty's next album cause Revival still ain't like the music he produced with CCR. I'll continue to listen to CCR and Creedence Clearwater Revisited which i still enjoy. Revival is a total disappointment like so many of his other solo albums. Too bad..........was realy excited to hear a new album was coming out..........yuk
adam

Wattle Flat, Australia

#3 Oct 24, 2007
i think the new revival cd is awsome,its the best cd he has relised for some time.i cant stop playing it,cant wait for the tour in australia
Foxy Lady

Langley, Canada

#4 Nov 7, 2007
I'll tell ya, I'm 66 years of age and the first time I'd heard of CCR was when somebody gave me a tape of Midnight Special in the mid 80's. I found it fascinating but that was all. I was right there when rock /n roll began and have always followed the genre so how could I have missed CCR?

Now I'm having a great time catching up and I think the Revival album is a start in the right direction. Give Fogerty time to catch up with himself.

He's also making political statements. Terrific.

FL

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#5 Nov 22, 2007
revival is a great cd, it rocks as ccr.... you can't sit still listening to it. if you don't like revival, you don't like ccr.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Creedence Clearwater Revival Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rock Hall Anniversary: Creedence Clearwater Rev... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Maxine Troutman 1
48 Hours: The best of things to do in Metro Det... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Free Kwame 1
Second John Fogerty show added for St. John's (Jun '14) Jun '14 Maxine Troutman 1
John Fogerty to Celebrate CCR's 1969 Releases D... (May '14) May '14 other cross canada 1
John Fogerty to Be Guest Speaker at Son's Gradu... (May '14) May '14 Maxine Troutman 1
Sold Stuff: Former Creedence Clearwater Revival... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Maxine Troutman 1
Front men for two big classic rock bands to pla... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Maxine Troutman 1
More from around the web