John Fogerty philosophical after Nash...

John Fogerty philosophical after Nashville floods

There are 8 comments on the WYVN-FM Holland story from May 19, 2010, titled John Fogerty philosophical after Nashville floods. In it, WYVN-FM Holland reports that:

Like many musicians, former Creedence Clearwater Revival frontman John Fogerty lost some prized instruments in the recent Nashville floods.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WYVN-FM Holland.

Bosco

Longmont, CO

#1 May 19, 2010
I was wondering why he dodged the publishing question for decades, he signed them off to Fantasy Records like a total idiot...he lost millions much like Justin Hayward of The Moody Blues who owns none of his songs pre 1976. Hey John, yer really stupid. Ever hear of Frank Sinatra? You should have had his lawyer read the contracts in '68...he was smarter than you.
Jeff

Tucson, AZ

#2 Jul 27, 2010
Most of John Fogerty's problems were brought on by John Fogerty himself. He refused to get a manager for Creedence & handled the buisness himself against the wishes of the other members & when that failed he blamed everyone else. Saul Zaentz was a snake for sure but Johns blindness also had a part in this. John could of and should of put his fat EGO aside and got on stage with Doug and Stu for the Rock and roll hall of fame concert! Instead he chose to poison the relationship for good! What a asshole!
Bosco

Fort Collins, CO

#3 Jul 30, 2010
No manager so Saul creamed him with a royalty rate that Fantasy jazz artists were getting in '62. Fogerty lost millions. Can't wait for his autobiography. Moron. Idiot.
Fog rocks

Dallas, TX

#4 Jan 22, 2012
John Fogerty rocks, Saul sucks.
Bosco

Houston, TX

#5 Apr 5, 2012
Sorry for being such an azz hole guys.
Charles

Renton, WA

#6 Oct 22, 2012
Jeff wrote:
Most of John Fogerty's problems were brought on by John Fogerty himself. He refused to get a manager for Creedence & handled the buisness himself against the wishes of the other members & when that failed he blamed everyone else. Saul Zaentz was a snake for sure but Johns blindness also had a part in this. John could of and should of put his fat EGO aside and got on stage with Doug and Stu for the Rock and roll hall of fame concert! Instead he chose to poison the relationship for good! What a asshole!
That Jeff dude is more likely Family.?????
Charles

Renton, WA

#7 Oct 22, 2012
That Jeff dude is likely Tom fogerty's Son
Maxine Troutman

Bossier City, LA

#8 Jan 10, 2013
I don't see how anyone can dare call John stupid. They were young and inexperienced when they signed that contract and were trying so very hard to get a record company to sign them They had hardly any money for a lawyer, and anyway, the way I heard it,one of the CCR members's father was a lawyer and looked at the contract and said it was ok to sign it. In those years the record companies took nearly all the money and gave the bands only a pittance. The same thing happened to Buddy Holley. That's why he was going on that fatal tour, just to make enough money to get by. Elvis got ripped off too, and he had a manager. John got the bad end of that deal because they let the others out of the contract and held on to him because he was their moneymaker who had made them rich and they wanted hip to keep lining their pockets for years to come. No wonder he was so angry and bitter. He felt betrayed by everyone aftter he had worked so hard and accomplished so much. Everyone should admire John Fogerty for his fantastic comeback against all odds. No one will ever have that Fogerty sound that John has always had, my favorite sound in the world. And about losing guitars in the flood, John has never been materialistic,though I'm sure he's sad about it. I can't wait to read your book, John. Wish you'd have a concert in Louisiana....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Creedence Clearwater Revival Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rock Hall Anniversary: Creedence Clearwater Rev... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Maxine Troutman 1
News 48 Hours: The best of things to do in Metro Det... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Free Kwame 1
News Second John Fogerty show added for St. John's (Jun '14) Jun '14 Maxine Troutman 1
News John Fogerty to Celebrate CCR's 1969 Releases D... (May '14) May '14 other cross canada 1
News John Fogerty to Be Guest Speaker at Son's Gradu... (May '14) May '14 Maxine Troutman 1
News Sold Stuff: Former Creedence Clearwater Revival... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Maxine Troutman 1
News Front men for two big classic rock bands to pla... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Maxine Troutman 1
More from around the web