Obama's Most Vocal Black Critics Dial...

Obama's Most Vocal Black Critics Dial Back Attacks As Election Year Begins

There are 126 comments on the National Public Radio story from Jan 13, 2012, titled Obama's Most Vocal Black Critics Dial Back Attacks As Election Year Begins. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

Princeton professor Cornel West and talk show host Tavis Smiley on their 18-city poverty tour on Oct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

oh Rea11y _ _

Since: Dec 11

Longwood, FL

#23 Jan 14, 2012
Aww....Miss PooPoo wants some attention, too.
OK, little girl....you got it.
Say something intelligent, now,...make your race proud.
Go ahead, I'm listening....

“"Class, the #1 Motivator"”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#24 Jan 14, 2012
bappie wrote:
It's about time these poverty pimps shut their traps. Especially the ignorant and illiterate Smiley.
Did you know that Cornell West is supposed to have resigned or taken a leave of absence from his university gig.....do join a seminary?

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#25 Jan 14, 2012
MsNewNew wrote:
Bappie you, Nevah and Kip is right on point. Lol!
Good morning MsNewNew! Thank you. OR and his excuses for being here are pathethic. He's not fooling anyone.

oh Rea11y _ _

Longwood, FL

#26 Jan 14, 2012
And the topic of THIS thread is now....
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>
OR

Location hidden

#27 Jan 14, 2012
Brngthtrth2u wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that Cornell West is supposed to have resigned or taken a leave of absence from his university gig.....do join a seminary?
Good Morning Sweetheart! No, I didn't know. However, he needs to go some damn where and shut the hell up. I don't have a problem with people fighting for us, but some of these "Old War Horses" need to realize their time has passed and it's time to make room for the young black warriors with new ideas and new ways of thinking. Whether you agree with the President's policies or not, it's considered sacriledge to smear him when so much is riding on his presidency. To join in with the fray that you know is against him, racist, and seeking to destroy his presidency is the worst thing, these two could do as black men. West has some street creds and is intelligent. His time has just passed. However, that grinning, self-enriching, snake oil salesman and fish-eyed, Tavist Smiley is an altogether different matter. He's a poverty pimp, non-articulate, country bumpkin with delusions of granduer.

He needs to turn in his black people card and join the other Toms and Uncle Rukuses.

Kip

“Brian's alter ego”

Since: Feb 07

San Francisco, CA

#28 Jan 14, 2012
oh Rea11y __ wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhh, Clemm?
You're here too.....
Uh, yes. I'm here too (that's not a very smart response BTW), but you're here ALL the time. Isn't there SOMEONE willing to spend time with you ever? You said you have a nice pickup truck. Can't you bathe, put on a cowboy hat, some boots, clean clothes, and go out on the town? I understand you don't drink alcohol, but you could take a gal out to dinner, to the movies, go to her place and watch DVD's ... You're like a 7 year-old boy still breast feeding. It's OK for you to move on son. There are other things in life aside from keeping track of and obsessing over black people.

btw

oh Rea11y _ _

Longwood, FL

#29 Jan 14, 2012
Kip wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, yes. I'm here too (btw
Obsessing over ME being here. Looks like you couldn't 'get a date' either, then.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#30 Jan 15, 2012
CRITICIZING OBAMA?

Well, all political figures can be held accountable. Obama is no different.
But probably his critics are also concerned about what the RIGHT WING alterantive looks like.

How best to hold Barack Obama accountable, but also stave off a right wing resurgence?

Location hidden

#31 Jan 15, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Sweetheart! No, I didn't know. However, he needs to go some damn where and shut the hell up. I don't have a problem with people fighting for us, but some of these "Old War Horses" need to realize their time has passed and it's time to make room for the young black warriors with new ideas and new ways of thinking. Whether you agree with the President's policies or not, it's considered sacriledge to smear him when so much is riding on his presidency. To join in with the fray that you know is against him, racist, and seeking to destroy his presidency is the worst thing, these two could do as black men. West has some street creds and is intelligent. His time has just passed. However, that grinning, self-enriching, snake oil salesman and fish-eyed, Tavist Smiley is an altogether different matter. He's a poverty pimp, non-articulate, country bumpkin with delusions of granduer.
He needs to turn in his black people card and join the other Toms and Uncle Rukuses.
Hahahahaha....ooooookkkaaayyy then....I was never into either of them that much....so I have little quirks about them both....but nothing that stopped them from being them. You see....I don't have to spend much time worrying about people I don't connect with...I have come to learn there is a reason someplace for that and it usually surfaces after a while. I never connected with Bishop Eddie Long either....the scandal regarding sexual abuse of then young male church members. I also believe that anyone that goes on the hunt to crucify, denounce, or question another in the struggle...soon makes a mistake and they themselves become the hunted. Its a known fact....warranted through trial and error. there a saying that goes...."Sometimes people underestimate others, and then OVERESTIMATE themselves".

Here's another saying...this is my favorite...at the bottom of my emails I respond to....."Any fool can know, but the point is to understand." ~Albert Einstein

Location hidden

#32 Jan 15, 2012
Brngthtrth2u wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha....ooooookkkaaayyy then....I was never into either of them that much....so I have little quirks about them both....but nothing that stopped them from being them. You see....I don't have to spend much time worrying about people I don't connect with...I have come to learn there is a reason someplace for that and it usually surfaces after a while. I never connected with Bishop Eddie Long either....the scandal regarding sexual abuse of then young male church members. I also believe that anyone that goes on the hunt to crucify, denounce, or question another in the struggle...soon makes a mistake and they themselves become the hunted. Its a known fact....warranted through trial and error. there a saying that goes...."Sometimes people underestimate others, and then OVERESTIMATE themselves".
Here's another saying...this is my favorite...at the bottom of my emails I respond to....."Any fool can know, but the point is to understand." ~Albert Einstein
Well said.

oh Rea11y _ _

Longwood, FL

#33 Jan 15, 2012
Savant wrote:
CRITICIZING OBAMA?
http://tinyurl.com/7ryje8o
Stop whining, little boy.

Location hidden

#34 Jan 15, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Well said.
Why thank you. I am not here really to bash anybody...although I have to light into someone's azz every now and again...and I don't mind. When someone takes me there, everything I can say to put them into a squirm...is going to come out with twice the punch or more...depending on the act...to humiliate, denounce...and in just plain words..."tear their azz up to the fullest". When I get to that point...I know they deserve me saying the most despicable, nastiest and most demeaning sh8t I can say to them one good time....after that....its all over. I'm good....me and that person are not going to exchange blows or none of that...when I light into their azz real good...I talk about their momma...their momma's momma...cousin, auntee, wherever my mind takes. people say well why did you bring them into it....and I say...why did that person "bring ME into"...and have no problem telling the complainer...."if you don't like what I said...fu8k you too. This is simple for me....act like you got some sense if we are communicating...I'll treat ya like you got some sense and respect the person whether I want to or not...once they start "that sh*t"...as far as I am concerned they have kicked my brain into overload...and they are about to get sh*tted on real good...one time...then they can talk, complain, argue or whatever they want to do...because I'm through with them then. I got my release...and won't stick around...to build up contempt with poster and have decided to have a "fu8k them" attitude...and won't communicate with them again....and definitely choose not to read what they post. Hey...whatever it takes to make the heart feel good....I will not and cannot entertain nonsense of any type.

Location hidden

#35 Jan 15, 2012
Brngthtrth2u wrote:
<quoted text>
Why thank you. I am not here really to bash anybody...although I have to light into someone's azz every now and again...and I don't mind. When someone takes me there, everything I can say to put them into a squirm...is going to come out with twice the punch or more...depending on the act...to humiliate, denounce...and in just plain words..."tear their azz up to the fullest". When I get to that point...I know they deserve me saying the most despicable, nastiest and most demeaning sh8t I can say to them one good time....after that....its all over. I'm good....me and that person are not going to exchange blows or none of that...when I light into their azz real good...I talk about their momma...their momma's momma...cousin, auntee, wherever my mind takes. people say well why did you bring them into it....and I say...why did that person "bring ME into"...and have no problem telling the complainer...."if you don't like what I said...fu8k you too. This is simple for me....act like you got some sense if we are communicating...I'll treat ya like you got some sense and respect the person whether I want to or not...once they start "that sh*t"...as far as I am concerned they have kicked my brain into overload...and they are about to get sh*tted on real good...one time...then they can talk, complain, argue or whatever they want to do...because I'm through with them then. I got my release...and won't stick around...to build up contempt with poster and have decided to have a "fu8k them" attitude...and won't communicate with them again....and definitely choose not to read what they post. Hey...whatever it takes to make the heart feel good....I will not and cannot entertain nonsense of any type.
Helful and instructive, as always...

:)

Location hidden

#36 Jan 15, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Helful and instructive, as always...
Happy Sunday Baps....smile...hey this is the way i have to settle my soul in here...otherwise you can get caught up and take on a character you didn't have when you got here. Got some Sunday....Heart music for ya...here's the link....turn your speakers up....and enjoy....

http://www.topix.com/forum/tv/african-america...

Location hidden

#37 Jan 15, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Helful and instructive, as always...
My apologies...this is a better link to "Sunday Sounds on Topix"....enjoy....

http://www.topix.com/forum/tv/african-america...
Frank

Detroit, MI

#38 Jan 15, 2012
bappie wrote:
Obama's Most Vocal Black Critics Dial Back Attacks As Election Year Begins
Why???

I didn't vote for Obama in the last election and won't vote for him in the next!
Frank

Detroit, MI

#39 Jan 15, 2012
I'm a REAL PRO BLACK BROTHA who wants JOBS, JUSTICE, HUMAN RIGHTS, and a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD for my people!

I don't discuss Obama, and that's all I have to say!
Frank

Detroit, MI

#40 Jan 15, 2012
I'm the type of black man that Oprah HATES...a REAL black man!!!!!
Frank

Detroit, MI

#41 Jan 15, 2012
Oprah doesn't like REAL brothas like Ice Cube either!

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story...

Ice Cube Feels Frozen Out by Oprah

oh Rea11y _ _

Longwood, FL

#42 Jan 15, 2012
Frank wrote:
I'm a REAL PRO BLACK BROTHA who wants JOBS, JUSTICE, HUMAN RIGHTS, and a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD for my people!
I don't discuss Obama, and that's all I have to say!
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/T89BOF5PAFIRH...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cornel West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Al Sharpton, Cornel West to headline rally and ... (May '16) May '16 Oh No You Di-nt 2
News Cornel West: Obama just a another neoliberal op... (Aug '14) Mar '16 Povertys traitors 12
News Bernie Sanders in Iowa this weekend (Jan '16) Jan '16 Jeremy 2
News Cornel West Calls Sharpton "House Negro of the ... (Sep '13) Jan '15 rofl 14
News Cornel West's Disappointing DeclineBy David Mas... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
News Black Prophetic Fire: Cornel West on the Revolu... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Harrisson 8
News Activist, author Cornel West to speak at UTEP B... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Kidding 2
More from around the web