Racism is alive, well in Castro's Cuba

Racism is alive, well in Castro's Cuba

There are 22 comments on the Statesman Journal story from Jun 16, 2010, titled Racism is alive, well in Castro's Cuba. In it, Statesman Journal reports that:

HAVANA - Nancy Morejon says she doesn't want to get into a war of words with Cornel West.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Statesman Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Celia Cross

Miami, FL

#1 Jun 16, 2010
They keep liying about it. But just like here, racism still alive.
Satan

Leland, NC

#2 Jun 16, 2010
Celia Cross wrote:
Don't worry...Castro will be in my lair in a couple of years....

I'll be his dominatrix.
Cucala Cucala

Loxahatchee, FL

#3 Jun 16, 2010
Celia Cross wrote:
They keep lying about it. But just like here, racism still alive.
Illegal indians in Miami need to get deported....they do nothing but steal from others and spread the piojos all over. Besides they hate cuban american, because they have all the benefits as Citizens in USA. These illegals can only raise their voices in Topic, because they are afraid to be deported in the streets of Miami.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4 Jun 16, 2010
Satan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry...Castro will be in my lair in a couple of years....
I'll be his dominatrix.
Castro may very well be dead. He has not made a public appearance in about two years. Last we heard he heard he was extremely sick and had to transfer power over to his brother. Of course Raul and those in charge wouldn't the truth to get out, all chaos will break out. Also many in Washington who may actually know, wouldn't wan't word to get out either. There would be a massive exodus of Cubans to US shores.
Satan

Leland, NC

#5 Jun 16, 2010
Garrig wrote:
<quoted text>
Castro may very well be dead. He has not made a public appearance in about two years. Last we heard he heard he was extremely sick and had to transfer power over to his brother. Of course Raul and those in charge wouldn't the truth to get out, all chaos will break out. Also many in Washington who may actually know, wouldn't wan't word to get out either. There would be a massive exodus of Cubans to US shores.
Well he hasn't checked in yet...so might be in holding/waiting room.

LIGER OMNI POTENT MAGNUM

“Hurt me, make me stronger!”

Since: Jul 08

Where Liberty Dwells

#6 Jun 16, 2010
Celia Cross wrote:
M0J0N!

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#7 Jun 16, 2010
Celia Cross wrote:
So does Nancy Morejon disagree with Cornel West and other scholars for their letter criticizing the infringement of civil liberties and the situation of Blacks in Cuba?

From what I've read the Cuban Revolution did take a strong position against racism in Cuba, but that didn't make it go away.
Actually, there's more racism in Latin America as a whole than is generally recognized.
Joe

United States

#8 Jun 16, 2010
Cucala Cucala wrote:
<quoted text>Illegal indians in Miami need to get deported....they do nothing but steal from others and spread the piojos all over. Besides they hate cuban american, because they have all the benefits as Citizens in USA. These illegals can only raise their voices in Topic, because they are afraid to be deported in the streets of Miami.

Well say! Those indian apes MUST be kicked out of Miami! Marco Rubio
will kick them out.Vote Rubio
forcetube

New York, NY

#9 Jun 16, 2010
racism will is everywherebut remember who help liberate South Africa.
Jawga Boy

Canton, GA

#10 Jun 16, 2010
But, but, but,Assata Shakur says Cuba is a paradise for Negroes!

"Assata Shakur has been living in Cuba since 1986, after escaping from prison where she was serving a life sentence imposed in a highly disputed trial. Assata was a Black Panther then a Black Liberation Army (BLA) leader in the early '70s, so she was a target of the FBI's COINTELPRO operation. Assata was captured in a shoot-out resulting from resistance to yet another "driving while black" police action in 1973 on the New Jersey State Turnpike. This time a State Trooper was killed. Zayd Shakur, traveling in the car with Assata, was also killed. "

http://afrocubaweb.com/assata.htm

Damned commie!

LIGER OMNI POTENT MAGNUM

Where Liberty Dwells

#11 Jun 16, 2010
Celia Cross wrote:
I am tired of the lies. I have to let my skeletons out of the closet. You see in Mexico I have nothing, I like to drink so I dont go to work. My wife left me because I could not please her in the bedroom so she ran off with a successful Cuban. I think that not having to work hard and not having to think for myself is the perfect life. You see when I do have to think for myself I just stay sitting on floor sucking my thumb. I tried to cross the river to go into the US but I was to fat and lazy to run fast enough. I am jealous that Cubans just get to stay in the US, while us wetbacks get thrown back because we do not know how to choose a good leader.
I think Castro is my hero if he was in front of me I would pleasure him, maybe I can make him happy, I heard it will make Raul Castro happy.
My freind Canuck keeps sending me naked pictures of himself, but I told him to stop because my mother will find the pictures (even though I am 48 I still live with her).
I know communism has never worked, history has proved it but I still believe it will work one day( I think I just saw a pig fly over me?) Anyways, I want it to work so people who are smarter than me cannot do better than me.
Povero cacazote!

“Bring it Keyboard Ninja!”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#12 Jun 16, 2010
Blacks suck in track in Cuba? Now you KNOW racism is alive in Cuba. Beautiful country though.
MOBSTER

Hialeah, FL

#13 Jun 17, 2010
Celia Cross wrote:
I doubt racism in Cuba is worse than in Miami which is controlled by what many call the Miami Cuban junta.

They say its a fascist White Cuban mentality . Gosh that sounds real scarey.
You know I am staying in a hotel in Doral while I visit Miami and I do see it as have noticed MANY non white working poor Hispanics,etc waiting forever like they are animals for horrible bus service in DORAL.
I was told by a non Cuban cop that if they were White Cuban the White Cuban Mayor might care.

"At the peak of the debate, Max Lesnik, a Cuban journalist who lives in Miami and has a good memory, recalled when the city's loudmouths and their mayor, Alex Penelas, in 1990 branded Nelson Mandela as “persona non grata,” and prevented that living symbol of the struggle against apartheid and racism from accepting an invitation from the city's Afro-American community."

"The question for someone who arrives in Florida from any other part of the world – for example, Haiti, Mexico, the Dominican Republic or Central America – and for the successive generations of Cubans who have emigrated and continue to do so is if they have been excluded from some opportunities as a consequence of their origin, language or appearance."

http://progreso-weekly.com/2/index.php...
MOBSTER

Hialeah, FL

#14 Jun 17, 2010
Misty Knight wrote:
Blacks suck in track in Cuba? Now you KNOW racism is alive in Cuba. Beautiful country though.
and VERY MUCH alive in Miami .I wonder if its a White Cuban "thing".
MOBSTER

Hialeah, FL

#15 Jun 17, 2010
Misty Knight wrote:
"The City of Miami abolitionist movement was created because Miami is plagued with a history of corruption which has led to the reality of financial crisis.**** Its government, a Cuban-majority commission, was unwilling to present a fair redistricting plan to voters in the election; instead, approving a plan drawn by then just-indicted Commissioner Humberto Hernandez, a plan that shuts out half of the city’s Black population**** in favor of a non-representative, Cuban super-majority."

http://www.popularsovranty.org/mdc.shtml

Horrible isn't it and this is Miami under the White Cuban political junta.

"The Cuban community that doesn’t care about corruption when it casts its vote was critically portrayed by most leading city columnists and others, Cuban and otherwise. Robert Steinback, a Black Miami Herald columnist, said the Cuban community is gullible. Liz Balmaseda calls it “a knee-jerk majority” that would elect a hamster wearing a Cuba Libre T-shirt, and,“They only cared that he was Cuban.”

# I do disagree that Miami Cubans will elect only Cubans because if the person is a BLACK cuban they will NOT. in fact ONLY white Cubans need apply and look at Miamis political history NOT ONE Black Cuban.

Rednecks seem to be more open minded .Than again for most part other than a language difference both groups so so similiar.
MOBSTER

Hialeah, FL

#16 Jun 17, 2010
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Well say! Those indian apes MUST be kicked out of Miami! Marco Rubio
will kick them out.Vote Rubio
lol oh yes Marco Rubio is a White Miami Cuban right wing extremist which is why he is such a Miami darling.

White, right wing fanatic and HYPOCRITE no wonder so many love him in the Miami Cuban community. He will certainly get the Miami Cuban vote .

"Marco, plainly stating his failure to report $34,000 in expenses from two committees he started, which raised a combined $600,000, but spent $51,000 paying credit cards and tens of thousands on “salaries” for Rubio and his family members, including his ex-cheerleader wife "
"Marco Rubio is quickly emerging as a freewheeling big spender of special interest cash even as the U.S. Senate candidate sells himself as a fiscal hawk. The latest disclosure: As the young state lawmaker lined up support in 2003 and 2004 to become Florida House speaker, he blew through more than $600,000 stashed in a pair of political committees and never detailed how at least 20 percent of the money was spent. The expenses the Miami Republican did disclose suggest the money frequently went to subsidize his lifestyle or to employ relatives — not to support other House candidates as his donors would have expected."

http://blog.reidreport.com/2010/03/for-marco-...

LIGER OMNI POTENT MAGNUM

Where Liberty Dwells

#17 Jun 17, 2010
Mojon peste a Q-lo!!!!!!!!!!
GOE

Hialeah, FL

#18 Jun 17, 2010
Castro the communist is crap like Batista the fascist before him was crap and like most if not all of Miamis Cuban politicos are crap.

It simply seems some people have no business in politics and perhaps incapable of a real gvm't .

But HEY thank God for the federal gvm't stepping in and saving our butts here in Miami this way most of us can continue being politically self defeating and ethnic voting .

"In April, Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Alvarez said he objected to HUD's ultimatum to voluntarily accept a federal administrator to oversee the county's housing agency and was willing to go to court to prevent it."

"For U.S. HUD to come in and to take over would be counterproductive," Alvarez said.

In an investigation first uncovered by The Miami Herald, the MDHA in one instance paid nearly $1 million for 24 town homes, but nothing was ever built and the developer never returned the money."

http://www.justnews.com/news/13841305/detail....
GOE

Hialeah, FL

#19 Jun 17, 2010
"One of the key figures in Miami-Dade's public housing scandal was charged with theft and fraud Friday."

"Developer Raul Masvidal turned himself into the state attorney's office Friday."

"Masdival had nothing to say as he was led into the county jail in handcuffs, Local 10 reported."

"Prosecutors said Masvidal concocted a scheme to have Miami-Dade's Housing Agency pay nearly $300,000 for two pieces of sculpture. One was a sculpture of a giant slice of watermelon entitled Mars, worth $150,000."

http://www.justnews.com/news/11158966/detail....

Como me gusta watermelon y como un Miami ciego idiota no me importa nada de esto .

Que roben todo lo que quieren robar .CUBA LIBRE.
cubansz suxx

Salinas, CA

#20 Jun 17, 2010
dem messykans be racisst!!!!!!!

go bak to cuba you racits messykans!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cornel West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Al Sharpton, Cornel West to headline rally and ... (May '16) May '16 Oh No You Di-nt 2
News Cornel West: Obama just a another neoliberal op... (Aug '14) Mar '16 Povertys traitors 12
News Bernie Sanders in Iowa this weekend (Jan '16) Jan '16 Jeremy 2
News Cornel West Calls Sharpton "House Negro of the ... (Sep '13) Jan '15 rofl 14
News Cornel West's Disappointing DeclineBy David Mas... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
News Black Prophetic Fire: Cornel West on the Revolu... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Harrisson 8
News Activist, author Cornel West to speak at UTEP B... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Kidding 2
More from around the web