List of events honoring King | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 5 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 10, 2011, titled List of events honoring King | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Here are some of the central Ohio events commemorating the life of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Steinberg

West Chester, OH

#1 Jan 10, 2011
Columbus Day - Veterans Day - Martin Luther King Day - Presidents Day.
For the record - I have worked on each of these days for the past 45+ years.
My grandchildren attend a school where the school calendar has no mention whatsoever for COLUMBUS DAY OR VETERANS DAY. This week and next there are events planned for Martin Luther King Day and, of course, they have the day off next Monday Jan 17. Presidents Day in Feb is listed as being off school, however, is designated for have class if they have used up snow days before it.
I propose an equal amount of activities for Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Martin Luther King Day and Presidents Day. Then, we must rotate the days off class - so first year they are off Columbus day, the next year they are off on Vets Day, then the next MLK Day, and so on.
There was no mention to my grandchildren about Veterans Day at their parochial school. I know the pastor and principal and they are nice enough fellows, but somewhat liberal.
Frenchy

New Albany, OH

#2 Jan 10, 2011
Enough already! One day is fine, but for the next sixty days anything remotely related to their racial group is celebrated. Stop this foolishness! We need to go back in time (30-40 yrs) and celebrate those dates our forefathers celebrated and build unity to the masses.
Never owned anyone

Columbus, OH

#3 Jan 10, 2011
This is a joke. All this for someone less important than any of the Presidents of the United States of America? We don't even close schools for Presidents Day? What is up with that? He was just a minority. Do we celebrate all minorities or just the ones that sold their brothers into slavery in this country?
ABC

Reynoldsburg, OH

#4 Jan 10, 2011
The Big Black Bubble Butt Ayss Smooching,by those so inclined(The Goofs),now commences.

I'd LOVE to see some Rat/Ratette In The Street mini-interviews where the following is asked...
"What was MLK's message,his legacy and how has it affected your life and the lives of those you know?"

I could use the laughs.
ABC

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5 Jan 10, 2011
I see that the other PC Celebratory MLK thread was taken down.
What happened Dips?
There's resistance to The Ongoing,Gratuitous,Fruitless,N ose-Rubbed-In-It,Embarrassing Celebration of American "Urban" Negroes,and all that they're NOT?
Boo-Sniffle-Hoo,Yo.

Les Noirs should take solace in that the Habiru Real Estate Hustlers like them and use them like plastic Eff dolls in the money laundering scam that is Urban Redevelopment

Say it ain't so,Wolfie...

I DARE you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cornel West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cornel West Calls Sharpton "House Negro of the ... (Sep '13) Jan '15 rofl 14
News Cornel West's Disappointing DeclineBy David Mas... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
News Black Prophetic Fire: Cornel West on the Revolu... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Harrisson 8
News Cornel West: Obama just a another neoliberal op... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Rock 1
News Activist, author Cornel West to speak at UTEP B... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Kidding 2
News The Obama 'Betrayal' (Aug '13) Aug '13 Bob J 1440 1
News Cornel West arrested at Supreme Court protest (Oct '11) Oct '11 Savant 74
More from around the web