Comp time

Comp time

There are 6 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jun 14, 2010, titled Comp time. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

The town has started to offer workers' compensation insurance to all of its employees, making it the last of the state's 351 municipalities to do so.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Norwood, MA

#1 Jun 14, 2010
Guaranteed they'll see a huge uptick in claims, now that there's insurance money to pay for it.

Wilmington, MA

#2 Jun 14, 2010
As is the case in other local, state and federal injuries, a large number of them will be fraudulant can count on that!

Fitchburg, MA

#3 Jun 14, 2010
This now opens for the door to more fraud and claims. Massachusetts has a system that they know is broken and greatly abused, but they still keep on promoting it.
no mention of the statue

Chelmsford, MA

#4 Jun 14, 2010
"One of the biggest changes under workers' compensation will be that the town will now follow a set schedule of compensation payments as outlined by the statute." Hum this seems like a collective barganning issue to me! Is the town going to pay employees less?

Andover, MA

#5 Jun 16, 2010
Worker benefits are of the utmost importance in providing a safety net as well as creating better work conditions. Worker safety should be a consideration in the upcoming elections, which is why I'm voting for Debbie Silberstein in the 2010 state senate race.

Westford, MA

#6 Jun 16, 2010
Just keep raising salaries and benefits to public employees,and then complain that you can't make budget.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Comp Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBC Comedy: 'It's So Unfair' Illegal Immigrant ... Mar 13 ONLYONETERM 13
News Florida Touts Workers' Comp Market Competition ... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Gerald Vonberger 1
News New York, Pennsylvania Rank High for Opioids Am... (May '13) May '13 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News BOOM! Marine Corps tanks compete at Gowen Field (Aug '11) Aug '11 Milt Cruver 1
News States Must Decide if Workers' Comp Benefits Ex... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Well what now 11
News Stocks dip on China's rate hike (Dec '10) Dec '10 World Tired of Pa... 2
News U.S. stocks end mostly ahead; Dow extends streak (Jan '10) Jan '10 tbc11 6