Director a monster in world of comedy

Director a monster in world of comedy

There are 1 comment on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Aug 11, 2006, titled Director a monster in world of comedy. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Q: I just watched what I thought was the only 1931 version of 'Frankenstein' as directed by James Whale and starring Boris Karloff and Colin Clive -- the very 'Frankenstein' upon which Mel Brooks' 'Young ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

Phil Smoot

AOL

#1 Aug 28, 2006
Regarding the blind hermit from "Young Frankenstein", this parody scene is taken from James Whale's BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN (1935), as the name Igor came from Bela Lugosi's portrayal of Ygor in SON OF FRANKENSTEIN (1939), which featured Karloff's 3rd and final time playing the monster. Lionel Atwill was also in SON OF as the police inspector with a false arm, also a character in Brook's YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colin Clive Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As It Stands: Researchers claim to have solved ... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Vacuous As Usual 25
More from around the web