Police reports from victims of fatal ...

Police reports from victims of fatal attempted robbery

There are 46 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Jan 13, 2009, titled Police reports from victims of fatal attempted robbery. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

An off-duty Rochester Police Officer who shot and killed an armed man who attempted to rob two women is being commended for his actions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
John

Honeoye Falls, NY

#1 Jan 13, 2009
One less gang banger. I'm sure Obama is proud.
bucsnbeer

AOL

#2 Jan 13, 2009
Thanks officer Perrone. With all the crime around Rochester and that of soem of the "burbs", I wish every day we could read this same type of article. Pieces of crap being killed. Post it in all the city schools that have >50% graduation rates so they can see what their future is like. Everyone told me SC and North Charleston was unsafe, they even made the same list with FBI stats as Rochester as an unsafe city. I will take North Charleston any day. To all cops:
Learn from office Perrone!
Heywood Jablowme

Rochester, NY

#3 Jan 13, 2009
Who cares about the past history of the business, that is irrelevant to the story, but 10NBC must feel it spices things up a bit. Regardless, these two punks got their [email protected]@ses handed to them, thank goodness the cop was there. I'm just waiting to hear about the lawsuit from the dead guy's family. If you can't do the time, well you know the rest.
CopKillsThug

Conesus, NY

#4 Jan 13, 2009
KUDOS to the Police Officer who happened to be there and shot one of the guys. My only regret is that he didn't shoot and kill them both.
Bill

Clifton Springs, NY

#5 Jan 13, 2009
Last week we had a big prostitution bust at a hotel and we were were told prostitution was wrong and bad. The Police would not tolerate it. Photos of the girls and the pimps were on TV10 and all the other news stations. This week we have a RPD officer picking up his girlfriend who works at the massage parlor(prostitution). What message are we trying to send here. Is prostitution legal or illegal. Henrietta closed down all these massage parlors down a feqw years ago and said they were illegal and did not want these establishments in their town. If the town of Greece would close these places down this would not have happened. Lots of money goes in and out of these businesses under the table. Prostitution is a big business. I am sure the some town officials and police get some money to keep them open. NYS Police should get involved.
City Res

Batavia, NY

#6 Jan 13, 2009
being commended for dating a prostitute. lol
Tammy

Clifton Springs, NY

#7 Jan 13, 2009
I feel that these places should be shut down. Prostitution is wrong. As a female I think it is a disgrace to sell your body or perform services for men for pay. Why has the Town of Greece let them stay open? I do not care about the cop who is considered a hero. He should be ashamed of his girlfriend as well. What man would let his girlfriend be with other men all day and not care? He is no winner in my sight. I would never go out with or marry him. Some women like a uniform. I think he is a scum of the earth. No hero in my eyes.
Bill

Clifton Springs, NY

#8 Jan 13, 2009
City Police Officer Perone is being commended as a hero for dating a prostitute. A great message to sent out.
Cody

Clifton Springs, NY

#9 Jan 13, 2009
Hoods rob prostitutes. Prostitute's cop boyfriend shoots hoods while hoods attack prostitutes for large sums of cash from johns. Cop kills one and wounds other in stand off. Cop is now a hero to all. Cop get award from Chief of police and Mayor. Chief of police states he is one of the greatest cops on the force. Mayor wants to have a parade for our cop hero. What a great fella.
Whenry

Rochester, NY

#10 Jan 13, 2009
No wonder the criminals have no respect for the police. They're seen as protecting a massage parlor. You draw a fine line and expect a criminal to understand?
City Folk

Clifton Springs, NY

#11 Jan 13, 2009
You people in the burbs have your problems. The prostitutes have moved to the burbs as well. Lake Ave is quiet now. We have no trouble here.
Dillweed3

United States

#12 Jan 13, 2009
Maybe the cop is wrong for who he dates but lets not lose sight of the big picture. Two thugs tried to hold up and beat two women. The cop stopped them. End of line.
Wayne

Saginaw, MI

#13 Jan 13, 2009
Bill wrote:
Last week we had a big prostitution bust at a hotel and we were were told prostitution was wrong and bad. The Police would not tolerate it. Photos of the girls and the pimps were on TV10 and all the other news stations. This week we have a RPD officer picking up his girlfriend who works at the massage parlor(prostitution). What message are we trying to send here. Is prostitution legal or illegal. Henrietta closed down all these massage parlors down a feqw years ago and said they were illegal and did not want these establishments in their town. If the town of Greece would close these places down this would not have happened. Lots of money goes in and out of these businesses under the table. Prostitution is a big business. I am sure the some town officials and police get some money to keep them open. NYS Police should get involved.
Some of my thoughts exactly. If this place is known to promote prostitution then why is it allowed to continue operating? It doesn't take much to link the fact that this cop is dating a girl who "works" there to their ability to stay in business. Lots of scumbags in this story, including one who wears a police uniform during the day.
Heywood Jablowme

Rochester, NY

#14 Jan 13, 2009
There's a whole lot a high and mighty people posting on here. Who the hell do you think you are judging others? You have absolutely no clue about the personal lives of others, but yet in your ignorance jump to ridiculous conclusions. Those in glass houses.......
Javier

Rochester, NY

#15 Jan 13, 2009
John wrote:
One less gang banger. I'm sure Obama is proud.
Javier
Either you are Republican or Despise Blacks....or both, What does President Obama have to do with a local issue?
jon

Mclean, VA

#16 Jan 14, 2009
Javier wrote:
<quoted text>
Javier
Either you are Republican or Despise Blacks....or both, What does President Obama have to do with a local issue?
Obama sucks
yoyo

Waterloo, NY

#17 Jan 14, 2009
it's called police protection... cops have they're own set of rules....
sickof this

Rochester, NY

#18 Jan 14, 2009
But dont worry the robbers they are "beautiful people"
Wayne

Saginaw, MI

#19 Jan 14, 2009
Heywood Jablowme wrote:
There's a whole lot a high and mighty people posting on here. Who the hell do you think you are judging others? You have absolutely no clue about the personal lives of others, but yet in your ignorance jump to ridiculous conclusions. Those in glass houses.......
Please explain which conclusion is ridiculous? The facts are there, off duty police officer is picking up his "girlfriend" from a business that is known to promote prostitution. If the police had conducted a raid on the place and you happened to be there picking up your "girlfriend" what are the odds that you would not be cited for pandering? As far as glass houses, if being a law abiding citizen who pays his taxes and doesn't frequent establishments that are known to promote prostitution puts me outside the glass house, then I'm throwing boulders.
no onecares

Canandaigua, NY

#20 Jan 14, 2009
my comment was edited out because i spoke the truth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3 arrested for robbery of convenience store (Jul '14) Jul '14 Truth 1
News Should Christopher Williams Join the Cast of Re... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Peace 1
News Three indicted in connection with fatal stabbin... (Oct '13) Oct '13 City Livin 2
News Christopher Williams, a'ngela Winbush, and KeKe... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Russ 1
News Compared to 1990s, only a fraction of Lenoir Co... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Big Boy 1
News Cops: 2 more drunken drivers speed on LI (Dec '10) Dec '10 Lmao 1
News Huntington bans smoking on hospital grounds (Oct '10) Nov '10 just candid 15
More from around the web