2 Men Charged for Pair of Robberies

2 Men Charged for Pair of Robberies

There are 12 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Apr 22, 2009, titled 2 Men Charged for Pair of Robberies. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Two men are under arrest and facing charges for a pair of robberies in Charlottesville and Albemarle County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

lord

United States

#1 Apr 22, 2009
So much for the belief that all the crime is committed by black people. The south has come a long way, desegregated the criminal element. Cooperation between the races, will the law abiding citizens ever catch up?
To quote an episode of COPS - black is black and white is white but asinine people come in all colors.
buck

Johnson City, TN

#2 Apr 22, 2009
I don't think anyone is saying "all crime is committed by black people". That's a straw man argument. What people ARE saying is that young black males ARE responsible for a disproportionate amount of violent crime.
fairytail it is not

Spotsylvania, VA

#3 Apr 22, 2009
Here we go.Somebody has to throw up a race issue.It's people with ignorant statements like that,that continue race issues in America.Let it go!Crimes are commited by ignorant people.It has nothing to do with their color, so get over yourself.
stunna

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Apr 23, 2009
Ebony and ivory rob together in harmony.

“Equal Opportunity Not Results!”

Since: Nov 08

Charlottesville

#5 Apr 23, 2009
stunna wrote:
Ebony and ivory rob together in harmony.
You took my line!
Realist

South Boston, VA

#6 Apr 23, 2009
Stupid knows no color

“This isn't my first Rodeo!”

Since: Apr 09

Biloxi, MS

#7 Apr 23, 2009
When the news story first broke, someone commented that the perps probably were black. There was back and forth, and comments removed. No one knew the race, but judging from the area alot of users on this discusson board declared the men who did the crime to be black. I added that they could be white, like the two men that attempted to rob Jane McGowan and ended up killing her. As the faces are revealed today, it proves everyone wrong, or right, however you look at it. In any event, it's tasteless to assume race plays a factor in which type of crimes are being committed. Where's the logic in that, IF THEN STATEMENT?
buck wrote:
I don't think anyone is saying "all crime is committed by black people". That's a straw man argument. What people ARE saying is that young black males ARE responsible for a disproportionate amount of violent crime.
Its about time

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Apr 23, 2009
Out on parole, addicted to crack, that's not the only crime they have committed, just the one they got caught for, career criminals

“This isn't my first Rodeo!”

Since: Apr 09

Biloxi, MS

#9 Apr 23, 2009
Enlighten me
Its about time wrote:
Out on parole, addicted to crack, that's not the only crime they have committed, just the one they got caught for, career criminals
Newsreader

United States

#10 Apr 23, 2009
Blah, Blah, Blah, this is why people shouldn't bring up the race when talking about crime. We all know most of the shootings in the area are done by ignorant black kids and most of the folks molesting kids are ignorant white men. Who cares, crimes are crimes. A black man is just is capable of rape and molesting kids as a white man and a white is just as capable of shooting someone as a black person.
Dave

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Apr 23, 2009
Can you cite your sources? I would love to see the study that proves that theory.
buck wrote:
I don't think anyone is saying "all crime is committed by black people". That's a straw man argument. What people ARE saying is that young black males ARE responsible for a disproportionate amount of violent crime.
2006stats

Winchester, VA

#12 Apr 23, 2009
Dave wrote:
Can you cite your sources? I would love to see the study that proves that theory.
<quoted text>
I found the link. You guys can read through it. I am not really sure what the numbers turned out to be.
http://www.ojp.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/cvus0602.pdf

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3 arrested for robbery of convenience store (Jul '14) Jul '14 Truth 1
News Should Christopher Williams Join the Cast of Re... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Peace 1
News Three indicted in connection with fatal stabbin... (Oct '13) Oct '13 City Livin 2
News Christopher Williams, a'ngela Winbush, and KeKe... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Russ 1
News Compared to 1990s, only a fraction of Lenoir Co... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Big Boy 1
News Cops: 2 more drunken drivers speed on LI (Dec '10) Dec '10 Lmao 1
News Huntington bans smoking on hospital grounds (Oct '10) Nov '10 just candid 15
More from around the web