Christina Vs. Mariah: Who is Better?

Posted in the Christina Aguilera Forum

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
KSF

United States

#1 Aug 18, 2006
I'd like to know what people think about these two in comparison. Mariah has better songs, Christina a better voice.
sorcha

Nottingham, UK

#2 Aug 18, 2006
Christina has better song and a better voice
KSF

United States

#3 Aug 18, 2006
Really? I thought Genie In a Bottle was okay and Beautiful was decent but I've never much taken to her music. Mariah has some good songs, especially lately but she's kind of a laughing stock here at the same time. Christina's voice is absolutely flawless, though. Sometimes Mariah can sing, but most of the time I get embarrased for her.
Meg

Grand Rapids, MI

#4 Aug 18, 2006
Defiantly Christina. Mariah's voice isn't nearly as good as it used to be. I don't think Mariah is very good at controlling her voice either. Christina still has a very powerful and soulful voice. Music wise, I think Christina's better cause I think she's a better songwriter than Mariah.
Jan Brady

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Aug 20, 2006
Christina.
Ceryse

Dagenham, UK

#7 Aug 22, 2006
christina. mariah may be able to go one octave higher ....but thats it. the whole whistle register thing is anoying and its not even talent, its because she has that growth in her throat that the docter told her, but she didn't want to remove it. and she whispers, i cant bloody her what shes singing about and then all of a sudden she screams and in which makes you not want to hear what shes singing.
KSF

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Aug 22, 2006
Ceryse wrote:
christina. mariah may be able to go one octave higher ....but thats it. the whole whistle register thing is anoying and its not even talent, its because she has that growth in her throat that the docter told her, but she didn't want to remove it. and she whispers, i cant bloody her what shes singing about and then all of a sudden she screams and in which makes you not want to hear what shes singing.
LOL Oh, that was HIGHlarious to read! Do write more! Technically though, the whisper register is an extremely rare gift to possess. It doesn't sound like much on CD though .. but supposedly few people can whisper sing.
jose aguilera

Virginia Beach, VA

#9 Aug 23, 2006
I prefer the Mariah Carey from 1995 and back....after that seems all her songs she just whispers and hums. At least Christina puts her lungs into it literally and it seems throughout the years her voice got even stronger. even when she whispers,(save me from myself, loving me for me) she sounds full and sexy. I think the meain reason Christina doesn't sing soft like that is probably because she doesn't want to be compared to MC or referred to as "sounding like MC" I've seen many interviews where she had expressed that she didn't like to be compared to her "contemperaries"
sean

Tualatin, OR

#10 Aug 24, 2006
i have a song of christina singing i turn to you in spanish and english at the caracass festival and at the end she hits a hell of a lot of whistle register notes, literally she keeps going and it is sweet. you can find it at christina-multimedia.com 1999-2000 inbetween there. b2b is awesome
jasmine

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Aug 27, 2006
i think theyre both good, christina has some great melismas, and great range, and so does mariah, and they both have a whistle register, we cant say one is better than the other, but both mariah and christina are 2 of the greatest singers in our time period
Jim

AOL

#13 Aug 31, 2006
I think Aguilera is better. though Carey may have is higher whistle register, Christina really has better control of her voice at all ranges.
KSF

United States

#14 Aug 31, 2006
Jim wrote:
I think Aguilera is better. though Carey may have is higher whistle register, Christina really has better control of her voice at all ranges.
100% true.
milly

UK

#15 Aug 31, 2006
mariah is better she can go high and low, christina can go high and low but, when she roars it gives me a headache! its just too much! then when she finishes there is a sense of calmness hmmmmmmmmmm.
KSF

United States

#16 Aug 31, 2006
milly wrote:
mariah is better she can go high and low, christina can go high and low but, when she roars it gives me a headache! its just too much! then when she finishes there is a sense of calmness hmmmmmmmmmm.
No, your headache was caused by MC's moo moo the cow belowings BEFORE you switched over to listening to Christina.
vqww

Serbia

#17 Sep 2, 2006
I like Mariah and Christina but i still think that Mariah has a better voice,she can reach 8 octava's-so she can sing depp and high and Christina can't do that.Meaby Christina has a stronger voice but somethimes she screaming too much
Brit

Sackville, Canada

#18 Sep 2, 2006
i like christina's voice the most of any singer because its so versatile and soulful..i was a big mariah fan back in the day (like 'you'll always be my baby'..think that time period) and i like to listen to some stuff now..but it has no substance..shes turned herself into a kind of r&b singer..but about fluff. christina has much more meaningful songs... and i just prefer her voice.
KSF

United States

#19 Sep 2, 2006
So far on these posts, Christina is far in the lead. Mariah only has 3 votes. I predicted a fifty-fifty split but Christina has pulled way out in the lead.
KTA

UK

#20 Sep 11, 2006
Mariah has a much better voice the notes that she hits are unbeleveable christina can not do that yh christina has a gd voice but common mariah is way better. Mariah wud be able to hit ne note of Christinas but cud Christna hit a unique note like Mariahs i think not MARIAH ALL THE WAY.. Through the years christina has lost her high toned voice and Mariah has kept usin it thrugh out her career.
KSF

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Sep 12, 2006
KTA wrote:
Mariah has a much better voice the notes that she hits are unbeleveable christina can not do that yh christina has a gd voice but common mariah is way better. Mariah wud be able to hit ne note of Christinas but cud Christna hit a unique note like Mariahs i think not MARIAH ALL THE WAY.. Through the years christina has lost her high toned voice and Mariah has kept usin it thrugh out her career.
Mariah hits a higher note but she doesn't perform well live. That's really what it should come down to when deciding who is a better singer: can she perform live, on demand? Christina never misses but with Mariah, you're holding your breath, going come on you can do it ... only a minute left, oh darn! Fell flat again! Get it together girl!
louie

Yemen

#22 Sep 22, 2006
No one of them is talented like britney spears britney can act sing dance ......
Britney has taken pop princess name from christina jessica mariah and jennifer lopez.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christina Aguilera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beyonce vs Christina Aguilera (Mar '07) Dec '15 sinesipho 68
News Christina Aguilera Disses Britney Spears, Maria... Oct '15 Rb RECORDS 1
News Christina Aguilera is protective of daughter (Feb '15) Feb '15 Kelly DJ 2
News Christina Aguilera -- Disneyland Tantrum ... Ca... (Dec '14) Dec '14 WTF? 1
Beyonce versus Christina Aguilera? (May '06) Dec '14 CoolGirl 1,917
News Christina Aguilera posed nude for Marie Claire ... (Dec '14) Dec '14 fjk 1
News Baby Aguilera Circumcised (Jan '08) Nov '14 Mench18 4
More from around the web