Suspect Paul Devoe said to have battl...

Suspect Paul Devoe said to have battled alcohol -

There are 26 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 29, 2007, titled Suspect Paul Devoe said to have battled alcohol -. In it, Newsday reports that:

Even before he killed one ex-girlfriend and tried to shoot another last week in Texas, police said, Paul Devoe left a trail of criminal charges, rocky relationships and struggles with alcohol here on Long ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wordygurdy

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Aug 29, 2007
Doesn't sound as though he put up much of a fight in that "battle."
No Sympathy

Fairfield, CT

#2 Aug 29, 2007
This guy was only bad when he was drunk. However, it appears he was always drunk.
Ben

Bronx, NY

#3 Aug 29, 2007
31 Page rap sheet isn't inclined to elicit sympathy from me. He murdered people because he was a mean drunk?HA!
Carlita

AOL

#4 Aug 29, 2007
An alcoholic does not a killer make.

Don't give this sociopath an excuse.
jonny john

New York, NY

#5 Aug 29, 2007
women are weird, they won't date someone cause of how he looks yet they marry dirt bags who wind up killing them

i have lost my sympathy for all the dead women!
gorblehopper

Winter Haven, FL

#6 Aug 29, 2007
Coming up next in Newsday : " Ted Bundy's favorite Halmark cards "
Nick

Redford, MI

#7 Aug 29, 2007
Hopefully this loser gets tried in Texas over all else and gets the death needle. To kill two teenage girls, not to mention the other is disgusting.
lmg

Bridgewater, NJ

#8 Aug 29, 2007
No Sympathy wrote:
This guy was only bad when he was drunk. However, it appears he was always drunk.
The first sentence describes my late father perfectly. He was the nicest guy you ever wanted to meet, until he got drunk, and he would become violent. He certainly never killed anyone, but he was abusive to my mother many times. That was back in the day when the cops looked the other way.
Alcoholism is not an excuse for anything, and I have no sympathy for Devoe or anyone who hurts someone else while they're under the influence.
Funny how this guy is a real bad a**, and now he is fighting being sent back to Texas to answer for his crimes. Typical low life bully.
Fred G

Bronx, NY

#9 Aug 29, 2007
What a stupid excuse...."He was a drunk".
Wake up.
That seems to be the "one-size fits all" excuse these days.
jekyl and hyde

Broomall, PA

#10 Aug 29, 2007
I also drink, I knock off a couple of bottles of whiskey a day, the only problem I have is getting it up when the old lady comes home.
FAMILY MEMBER

Miami, FL

#11 Aug 29, 2007
I'VE KNOWN PAULY SINCE I WAS A KID.
HE WAS VERY TALENTED AS A PAINTER.
HE DID INDEED HELP WITH THE PAINTING OF CELEBTITIES HOUSES IN EAST AND SOUTH HAMPTON AND ALWAYS DID BEAUTIFUL WORK. EVEN THOUGH PAUL WOULD ALWAYS MESS UP THE FAMILY WOULD ALWAYS SOMEHOW FORGIVE HIM BUT THIS IS UNFORGIVABLE. MY PRAYERS ARE OUT TO THE FAMILIES OF ALL THE VICTIMS. I'M AM TRULY SORRY FOR WHAT HAS HAPPENED.
faust

Shirley, NY

#12 Aug 29, 2007
Officers should have shot him when they had the chance.
Southbound

Kansas City, MO

#13 Aug 29, 2007
Stop supporting these lowlifes and their excuses. Battle alcohol my a$$. You either choose to drink, or you choose not to drink. If it makes you a horrible person, you should probably choose not to drink. After that, we don't care. He is solely responsible for his actions and he now needs to pay for what he's done.
And remember, after last week's overturning of a murder conviction on the grounds that the murderer was drunk, this lowlife stands a reasonable chance of only being convicted of manslaughter here in NY (thanks legal system). Our 'esteemed' judges have seen fit to make alcohol a legal excuse. Liberalism is a mental disorder. The sooner we throw all of the 'soft' lefties off the bench, the safer we'll all be.
Bush

Glen Cove, NY

#14 Aug 29, 2007
I think we should just send him to rehab with Lindsay. That should do the trick !
A Liberal

Ashburn, VA

#15 Aug 29, 2007
Paulie had a rough life. Divorce, alcoholism, bad relationships with his girlfriends, you gotta give a guy like this a break. Remember, he would work out east painting for the South Hampton elite doing a fabulous job, he would even make it to work after staying up all night drinking in the bars. He just needs AA and some counciling and he'll be fine.
micky

Bronx, NY

#16 Aug 29, 2007
He may have done alot of bad things but, at least he didn't sodomize anyone. Thank God for that.
samantha

United States

#17 Aug 31, 2007
A Liberal wrote:
Paulie had a rough life. Divorce, alcoholism, bad relationships with his girlfriends, you gotta give a guy like this a break. Remember, he would work out east painting for the South Hampton elite doing a fabulous job, he would even make it to work after staying up all night drinking in the bars. He just needs AA and some counciling and he'll be fine.
What?????????
had to get away123

Austin, TX

#18 Sep 5, 2007
I would just like to say a few words. There isn't any excuse for what Paul has done . But in today's society everyone get's caught up in their own live's. I believe that there are some people that are surronded by family that work so hard at being invinsible to the justice system that they believe that they can do anything they want to. When someone is raised in that environment, they do not become a creditable person in our society . I think every one needs to look in other issue's that have surronded Paul in his life and maybe a lesson will be learned to help someone in another family before this happens to someone else . If perhaps family member's wouldn't get away with what they have Then this wouldn't have happened
There is no excuse for this and God help all of us from experieng this to our family members and friend's that were victum's of this horrofic crime.
kate

Newark, NJ

#19 Sep 6, 2007
does it matter what his problems are he murdered alot of people. i think the electric chair must come back all these plea bargains are turning society into one murder after another. the perverts of our country need a wake up call i dont think these kind of cases should ever be plea bargained, you touch my child your a dead man its a cut and dry issue !!
Karen

Jamaica, NY

#20 Sep 6, 2007
I know Paul over 15 years, the man the police say they have in custody is not the man I know,he ddid drink but he was not out of control.I trusted him in my house , he did alot of work on my house and around my 4 kids. I feel bad for those people who were killed but I also feel bad for a man who maybe needed help and no one saw.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christie Brinkley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Christie Brinkley - Brinkley's Ex in Sex Tape S... (Oct '08) Feb '17 sysfruddin ketua 3
Christie not innocent (Aug '06) Dec '16 Noel_14 71
News Billy Joel's daughter, Alexa Ray Joel, hospital... (Dec '09) May '16 drugs thin the herd 33
News Christie Brinkley shared this image to her Inst... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Common sense 1
News Christie Brinkley - Divorce Drama and Mudslingi... (Mar '12) May '15 leelee 2
News Christie Brinkley goes on the 'Today' show to s... (Mar '12) May '15 leelee 3
News Christie Brinkley divorce trial set to begin (Jul '08) Feb '14 TERRY M 76
More from around the web