Carlin's legacy of laughter, commentary

Carlin's legacy of laughter, commentary

There are 24 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Jun 24, 2008, titled Carlin's legacy of laughter, commentary. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

He was cool. He was smart. He was dirty. And he was relentlessly funny. Speaking of dead people - the very words the man used in a recent routine on death - George Carlin died Sunday in California.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joe

Gwynn Oak, MD

#22 Jun 24, 2008
I don't see any current comedians who could even be compared to George Carlin. Most of them are a bunch of hacks who think using foul language is the key to funny.
Florida Mike

Ruskin, FL

#23 Jun 24, 2008
Can't believe it has been over 40 years ago when I saw George at the Playboys Club in Baltimore, Md. He was at the time, the funiest comedian in the business and only got better are years went by. His material whether clean or dirty was funny. This can not be said about many of todays comedians. Long live George Carlin.
Vince

Allen, TX

#24 Jun 24, 2008
A comedic Icon for sure. He went places no one else would go...best of the best...will be missed.
T F Otmi

Allentown, PA

#25 Jun 24, 2008
Why do these people equate Howard Stern's FCC troubles with the 7 dirty words? HS was never fined for dirty words, only discussions that were deemed "offensive". He NEVER got in trouble for cursing. Farting? That's a different story!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Chris Rock's Oscars 2016 Monologue Should ... Mar '16 So_What 3
News Nothing happens in 'Think' (Mar '07) Jan '16 Hant 14
News Fuck the Patriarchy, Give to Feministing Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 2
News Isaiah Washington Baffles CNN Viewers in Bizarr... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Maggie Gallaghers... 2
News How do you joke about the Sony hacking? A littl... (Dec '14) Dec '14 uss 2
News Chris Rock Calls Out Hollywood For Racism: It's... (Dec '14) Dec '14 unfazed 3
Chris Rock nude (Sep '12) Dec '14 Chris NoTalent 2
More from around the web