Harry Connick, Chick Corea to headline Monterey Jazz Festival

The Monterey Jazz Festival announced its lineup today for this September's 53rd annual edition, with headliners including crooner Harry Connick Jr., jazz icon Chick Corea, Grammy Award-winning jazz singer Dianne Reeves, bluesman Delbert McClinton and Afropop star Angelique Kidjo. Full Story
MONICA

United States

#1 Mar 29, 2010
So, excited to see Harry Connick jr. Love him.
Jazz it Baby

United States

#2 Mar 29, 2010
Whaaaaaaaa Hooooooooo!!!!! Is it September yet!!!!!!
SeaSde

Monterey, CA

#3 Mar 29, 2010
That is a great lineup!!
I Smell Poop

United States

#4 Jul 1, 2010
Is Harry Connick Jr really and truly from New Orleans as he claims to be or is he a liar? I mean do people from New Orleans believe he's a native of their city? And what's more, do honest people from New Orleans really and truly believe that his father was the DA there? I don't!

Since: Sep 09

Carmel Valley, CA

#5 Jul 1, 2010
I Smell Poop wrote:
Is Harry Connick Jr really and truly from New Orleans as he claims to be or is he a liar? I mean do people from New Orleans believe he's a native of their city? And what's more, do honest people from New Orleans really and truly believe that his father was the DA there? I don't!
Is this a conspiracy theory? Why?

Harry Connick Jr. was born in New Orleans. That would mean that he's actually not just 'from' New Orleans but that he's a native.

Why would you not believe that his father was a DA there (for 29 years)? Oh, and his mother was judge who died of cancer when Harry was 13. Harry's parents owned a record store. You can actually research this stuff and dispel your weird conspiracy theory.

He started playing with a New Orleans jazz band at the age of 10.

Regardless, what does Harry Connick's birthplace have to do the Jazz Festival line-up?
Justinia

Felton, DE

#6 Jul 1, 2010
I Smell Poop wrote:
Who cares what the honest people of New Orleans believe! I wonder what dishonest people from New Orleans really and truly believe? lol I think "I Smell Poop" is smelling himself, time a bath.

Sounds like a great lineup!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chick Corea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Music Preview: Tiempo Libre: 'Music is all abou... (May '08) Jul '13 surprised 2
Running Down Miles' Voodoo (Oct '10) Oct '10 WindRaven 1
Trombone Shorty steals the show at Monterey Jaz... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Ginger 11
Monterey Jazz with a Santa Cruz flavor (Sep '10) Sep '10 Lower Ocean Heights 2
Monterey Jazz Festival: The music event of the ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 fireSquid 1
Herbie Hancock hits 70 on a high note (Jul '10) Jul '10 OneRyder 1
CD/DOWNLOAD/ALBUM: Free Downloads of Miles Davi... (Feb '10) Feb '10 ivan 1
•••
•••

Chick Corea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••