Metallica Among Rock Hall Nominees

Metallica Among Rock Hall Nominees

There are 12 comments on the NBC 4 Washington, DC story from Sep 23, 2008, titled Metallica Among Rock Hall Nominees. In it, NBC 4 Washington, DC reports that:

Metallica , Run D.M.C. and guitarist Jeff Beck are among this year's nominees for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 4 Washington, DC.

hiphopadvo

Rockville, MD

#1 Sep 23, 2008
awesome
lsugirl0183

United States

#2 Sep 23, 2008
nice! i love run d.m.c. and metallica! hope they both make it in this year!
Trixie

Richmond, VA

#3 Sep 23, 2008
It's about time Metallica got in!!
Tom

North Chicago, IL

#5 Sep 23, 2008
Metallica sucks. They should be ashamed of themselves for how they have treated their fans.
cyberat666

San Mateo, CA

#6 Sep 23, 2008
sell outs, i dislike this band on so many levels
Boone

Bristol, FL

#7 Sep 23, 2008
Still no Judas Priest. Ridiculous!
ron mexico

United States

#8 Sep 23, 2008
Did Buffalo Springfield get nominated this year?
If not, they have a chance!
oddball

Augusta, WV

#9 Sep 24, 2008
What about Nazareth? Probably not,those Scots can get carried away with some good heavy riffs. "Hair of The Dog" by Nazareth is a good solid rocker!! Give it a listen.
Good for Metallica!! Met needs to stick to their original roots like their 1st album.
boredbrenda

Minocqua, WI

#10 Sep 24, 2008
Woohooo Metallica rocks!!!!
RealityGhost

Prospect, KY

#11 Sep 24, 2008
Wake up America, the current financial crisis in the USA is a blessing. Combined with the oil crisis it will focus the will and might of the USA people on two major issues un-addressed by political leaders for years. 1) The service economy is a joke, we must invent and produce quality products in order to build true wealth. Selling over priced housing to the financially ignorant with complex interest schemes does not count. 2) We must free ourselves from oil and the Middle East.
Native

Oceanside, CA

#12 Sep 24, 2008
Metallica sold out years ago ......

when they made the -One- video after saying they NEVER would.
Knights Of Columbus

Silver Spring, MD

#13 Sep 24, 2008
Three of my cousins have a rock band, The Meeting Places and one of them Mark Harris wrote articles about the history and fundementals of the performances and he said that the heavy metal bands, Hawkwind, Pink Floyd, Motorhead and Metallica are the best quality music in America and in the U.K. and a number of the band members work for some newspaper companies writing articles and other jobs. When the band has some financial issues, some of the members will do other jobs to supplement the finances of the band.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Happy 41st birthday Pharrell Williams (Apr '14) Apr '14 dmw 3
News Daft Punk goes outside comfort zone for new album (May '13) May '13 jangkrik 1
News Petit Plume: C'est Chic (Apr '13) Apr '13 Kevib 1
News DeGraw channels his endless energy into live music (Feb '09) Jun '11 Smart 7
News Collins: 'I Wanted To Walk Away From Led Zeppel... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Getreal Phil 1
News 2/20: Mariah Carey at Dodge (Feb '10) Feb '10 the truth 1
News Run-D.M.C., Metallica nominated for Rock & Roll... (Sep '08) Dec '08 KissandTell 19
More from around the web