Aznavour Concert Tour in the US

Aznavour Concert Tour in the US

Posted in the Charles Aznavour Forum

Harry Momjian

San Jose, CA

#1 Jun 26, 2006
I am trying to find out if a US Aznavour concert will be composed of mostly english songs, peppered with some french, or mostly french. I wonder if anybody has any insight.

Thanks,
HM
Bill Strzempek

San Jose, CA

#2 Jul 2, 2006
I'm guessing there will be a lot of English songs since he has said in the press in Montreal and other places that this is his farewell tour for singing in English, he's already done his German language farewell tour in Germany. This might be a way for him to string out his final final farewell in French for the next year or so.
FPB

Washington, DC

#3 Sep 18, 2006
I just saw him at the Warner Theatre (9/16/06) and he played for about 2 hours and he did mostly French with a sprinkling of English. I would say it was about 70-30 (French to English).
Bob M NYC

New York, NY

#4 Sep 20, 2006
we enjoyed AZNAVOUR's concert at Radio City Music Hall (9/19)which was sold out.
His songs were almost 50/50 (French/English) with one song in Spanish. There was no intermission.
He sang all the way through. Not an easy feat at 82. He explained each song before singing them and although a little off key, he did quite well. His daughter sang back up with another woman.
Great energy, great song selection, Great Farewell Concert !!!
Laura Calchera

Putney, VT

#5 Oct 3, 2006
I am trying to find a program from the farewell tour. Any ideas? I tried contacting the theatre in Boston where my parents saw him, but they were of no help. Thanks!
Vladimir Kolotyan

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#6 Oct 22, 2006
Aznavour's concert in Ny was the waaaay toooo goooood.
Does anyone no how to contact him, e-mail, phone, address. Please let me know if there is any way to send electronic or regular mail. My e-mail is [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Aznavour Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tigran Sargsyan: We Have The Strongest Army In ... (Oct '11) Oct '11 lambroni ardziv 1
Song about Istanbul (Feb '09) Oct '10 kraev 3
Charles Aznavour Concert Schedule in the U.S.in... (May '09) Aug '09 jenmary 3
News Charles Aznavour: The French Sinatra (Feb '09) Feb '09 Bellaroo 1
News RA President: Aznavour's service invaluable (Jun '08) Jun '08 vatchakan 3
News Defence Minister To Meet With Charles Aznavour (Mar '07) Mar '07 SEMIH HOCA 2
Anzavour US Concert Tour (Sep '06) Nov '06 Robert Sleadd 2
More from around the web