Song about Istanbul
Luud Schrauwen

Netherlands

#1 Feb 22, 2009
Looking for a song by Charles Aznavour in witch he sings about the city of Istanbul.
erik

Gouda, Netherlands

#2 Oct 3, 2010
Luud Schrauwen wrote:
Looking for a song by Charles Aznavour in witch he sings about the city of Istanbul.
i was told about this today, and am also wondering if anybody knows anything about it.
I found some downloads on some sites, but do not want to use them.
kraev

Burgas, Bulgaria

#3 Oct 3, 2010
I found it! It sounds like Aznavour, but it is not. The guy's name is Mark Aryan - also Armenian and naturalised French. That's why many people mistake his "Istanbul" for an Aznavour"'s piece.
mad mary

United States

#4 Mar 31, 2018
kraev wrote:
I found it! It sounds like Aznavour, but it is not. The guy's name is Mark Aryan - also Armenian and naturalised French. That's why many people mistake his "Istanbul" for an Aznavour"'s piece.
Just found out that in the 1970's Aznavour gave a concert in Lebanon and sang "the song"...naturally, the audience was mostly ARMENIAN, so they threw tomatoes at him (they love him, but poor choice of song since so many Armenians lost their families, lives and homes, were deported, marched through the desert, murdered, in front of their children, etc, during the genocide by the Turks, so they don't want to be reminded of anything that has to do with Turkey)...
As a result, there is nothing online reminding us of Mr. Aznavour singing "that song".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Aznavour Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AZNAVOUR tours in USA? (Apr '17) Apr '17 bobsled 1
News Tigran Sargsyan: We Have The Strongest Army In ... (Oct '11) Oct '11 lambroni ardziv 1
Charles Aznavour Concert Schedule in the U.S.in... (May '09) Aug '09 jenmary 3
News Charles Aznavour: The French Sinatra (Feb '09) Feb '09 Bellaroo 1
News RA President: Aznavour's service invaluable (Jun '08) Jun '08 vatchakan 3
News Defence Minister To Meet With Charles Aznavour (Mar '07) Mar '07 SEMIH HOCA 2
Anzavour US Concert Tour (Sep '06) Nov '06 Robert Sleadd 2