No chopper for ferrying body of PSI k...

No chopper for ferrying body of PSI killed in Naxal attack

There are 13 comments on the Hindustan Times story from Oct 10, 2009, titled No chopper for ferrying body of PSI killed in Naxal attack. In it, Hindustan Times reports that:

There is anger among residents of Dhom village in Maharashtra's Satara district at the way body of Sub-Inspector Chandrashekhar Deshmukh, killed in a Naxal attack along with 16 other policemen two days ago, was brought to his native place for last rites.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hindustan Times.

Shri

India

#1 Oct 11, 2009
This is an absolute dishonor shown to the guy who sacrificed his life for the country. If his body would have flown by a chopper, his parents may see his face for the last time. But it took almost 50 hrs for his body to arrive at his native. Choppers are available for politicians but not for a common man who died for the country.
Soumya Dehi India

Noida, India

#2 Oct 11, 2009
What can ba a more shameful than this ? Are we still obsessed with the elite culture without any disregard to the brave hearts who sacrifice their lives for the country ? When is the govt.waking up against this injustice?
Akshay Chandelkar

India

#3 Oct 11, 2009
I strongly condemn the government’s approach not to provide chopper to ferry the body of martyr PSI Chandrashekhar Deshmukh. It took the Maharashtra police around 50 hours to hand over the body of the great martyr to his relatives in Dhoom village in Satara district. The government’s approach to this incidence shows a complete lack of responsibility and disrespect to martyr PSI Chandrashekhar Deshmukh and his family.
Sudhir

New Delhi, India

#4 Oct 11, 2009
What can be more sad than this.. these NETA's are usings all choppers.. and poor people/police are suffering like this. I hate Vilas Deshmukh more than ever.. this is all his creation.
Nippun Goel

India

#5 Oct 11, 2009
Once again, this shows how the government apparatus has become a personal toy for the politicians. Apart from the larger picture of how the abuse of power and the general apathy of politicians caused the very problems (Naxalism) that led to this incident, the fact that massacres like these are treated in such a matter of fact manner lead to nothing less than a total disillusionment with this faux democratic system we have in place. 17 sons of soil who had nothing to do with this issue become pawns in this inglorious power struggle and the system cannot even give them the honor that is their due. If this is how the system treats its own foot soldiers, I'm sure the Naxals have a lot of genuine grievances. Shame on the people in charge !!
Saket

India

#6 Oct 12, 2009
50 hours, I think this is really bad. Our Jawans are protecting our country from these REAL LIFE villains and loosing their lives. But, the treatment given to them is really pathetic.
This is a real picture of today's Indian Politics.
NETA's just say "Hamari Mange Puri Karo"....but they don't even try to repay to normal janata.
Chandrashekhar Deshmukh Amar Rahe....!!!
Santosh Sugur

India

#7 Oct 12, 2009
This shows our attitude towards our soldiers. After a loss like this the least we can do is hand over the bodies respectfully and as soon as possible to their families. Such a behavior on the part of the government is utterly shameful.
Anup

India

#8 Oct 12, 2009
Govt could not even provide a chopper to carry body of Police officer who sacrificed his life while fighting for the cause. What a shame.Its very painful to learn these facts and one wonders how the youth will be motivated to join the armed forces in future.

Enough is enough.
Shrikant Chondhikar

Ramsey, NJ

#9 Oct 13, 2009
What can be more shameful that this news for an Indian? On one hand we have police forece that is fighting with all the courage to make sure that there is law and order and on the other hand our Government is incapable to instill a feeling of trust and confidence in them. What makes me angry is that the Jawan's killed did not get attention/protection from Government while they were in service but even after dying for protecting people from Naxalites they did not receive the attention and honor they deserved. What can be more humiliating in a country like ours.

Shame on the System! This needs a change otherwise things will become worst as time passes by!
sachin

Zwevegem, Belgium

#10 Oct 13, 2009
This is government apathy at its' peak!! Our representative who took decisions!! This is highly discouraging and pathetic..
Amitesh

Thane, India

#11 Oct 13, 2009
This is absolutely shameful and irresponsible attitude displayed by Govt officials and politicians. Police department is also equally to be blamed for showing lack of respect for the brave martyrs who lay down their lives on line of duty ... I pity us all for being lead by such insensitive and selfish leaders ..Its our mistake people, we have elected such morons to leads us !!!

Our sincere condolences to the Deshmukh Family ...
Farce

Ipswich, UK

#12 Oct 13, 2009
I hope his soul RIP... Wish some of our corrupt babus died in those attacks..

Since: Jul 09

Solapur, India

#13 Oct 14, 2009
STOP blaming the govt you whining pu**ies! Blame the police and their lack of responsiveness to the situation tht led to martyrdom of 17 ppl. Now the guy is dead! and you are blaming govt for not providing him a chopper? Shame on you losers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chandrashekhar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Natana to stage Kambar's play 'Shivarathri' (Mar '12) Mar '12 Kiran 1
News Jain saint Chandrashekhar Vijayji expires at 78 (Aug '11) Aug '11 KimAs 2
News Hindu blast cloud widens (May '10) May '10 badar hayat 1
News Second suspect arrested in Ajmer blast case (May '10) May '10 NITIN 1
News Advocate sues IIT over law course (Jun '09) Jun '09 Chandrayan 1
News Ash-Abhishek puja has varanasi agog (Dec '06) Jan '07 jyoti 11
More from around the web