Cello tuning
Sara

Greenwich, NJ

#1 Jan 15, 2007
I just got a chromatic tuner, but I don't know what key to set it in to tune my cello. I think it is C but am I wrong. With each different key the cello sounds different. Help!
lisa

Caldwell, ID

#2 Jan 28, 2008
i have the same question! i think it's C also, but like you i'm not sure. i've already busted enough strings trying by ear! i'm afraid to keep trying!
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#3 Aug 11, 2009
Most of the tuners are preset already all you need to do is play the notes and it tells you if you are in tune or not. One of the companies in China are making a carbon fiber cello that would be much cheaper than the Quitus or the Luis and Clark. If anybody is interested let me know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elgar Cello Concerto (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ellie 1
News Portland Cello Project plays the Hygienic (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sheik Yerbouti 1
News Philip Glass performs at Ravinia (Jun '12) Jun '12 Anonymous 1
News Review: Cabrillo festival wraps up with Philip ... (Aug '10) Aug '10 dfe 1
News 2010 entertainment calendar: Five events you sh... (Dec '09) Dec '09 umm 2
News Cellist Bion Tsang Celebrates Brahms Birthday o... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Doctor SixPack PhD 1
Bethany & Rufus To Join African Music Greats In... (Mar '09) Mar '09 miguel 2
More from around the web