Charlize Theron says she supports Obama
Join the discussion below, or Read more at CW 15.
#1 Mar 15, 2008
Dear Superdelegates and/or Potential major Endorsers,
I write this plea in case you are asked to step in the election process.
I am deeply concerned about the lack of political awareness shown by voters.
So many are completely uninformed and unaware of the types of legislation and votes cast by the candidate they are supporting for office. The loyal, trusting public has been deceived. Follow the money-follow the voting record (and what that vote is really saying). Sen Obama's voting record is very deceptive. I urge investigative journalists and/or anyone else who has desire to try to protect our democracy to please look closely at Sen Obama's voting record. The reason so many republicans and conservatives support him in spite of the fact that he is a democratic candidate is that – HE VOTES LIKE THEY DO-. He says one thing to all the progressives and liberals and dems but in matters where it really counts- he votes like a republican and/or conservative voter would. PLEASE -read this article and continue your questions from there-
Ask Obama supporters why they support Obama- ask them if they know anything about the deceptive nature of the votes he has cast. Voters who think that Sen Clinton will try to 'steal' the election by the use of Super delegates please note: Obama's campaign has given more than $698,200 to superdelegates from his political action committee, Hope Fund, or campaign committee since 2005. Clinton camp( HILLPAC) has distributed $205,500 to super delegates.
The Center for Responsive Politics has found that campaign contributions have been a generally reliable predictor of whose side a super delegate will take. For the sake of our democracy-I hope this is not the case. I urge ALL SUPER DELEGATES AND VOTERS TO PLEASE EVALUATE SEN OBAMA'S VOTING RECORD. Popular vote vs delegate vote? One of the purposes of Super delegate vote is to serve as an additional check and balance in our democracy. Even IF it turns out that popular vote supports Sen. Obama, delegates need to ask themselves- does Sen. Obama support the best interests of the popular vote-Obama does not vote in the best interest of progressives, democrats or liberals. I am afraid that too many of Sen Obama's supporters are truly uninformed because they have been misinformed about Sen Obama.
Sen Edwards, Sen Gore- if you are asked to step in and endorse a candidate, please analyze the candidate's voting record. Who best represents the interests of the popular vote? There is too much riding on this election. Please-follow your brain and your conscience. Do the right thing. If you choose to follow the popular vote-great. If democrats and progressives and liberals support Obama-ok but then take the next step by looking at Sen Obama's voting record. Ask yourself- does Sen Obama support the principles of the democratic party? Does he support the principles of the liberals and progressives where it counts-in his votes cast. Please- follow your reasoning abilities and your conscience. Do the right thing.
VOTERS, DELEGATES, INFLUENTAL ENDORSERS PLEASE READ ARTICLE http://www.beyondchron.org/articles/The_Obama... Follow how Sen. Obama cast his votes –did he vote like a democrat or progressive or liberal candidate would have? He tells voters that he will act one way and support certain legislation when he gets into office and then he does the opposite. The legislation presented in the article deals with VERY IMPORTANT issues that will have tremendous impact in the voters’ lives for a long time. http://www.capitaleye.org/inside.asp... -Who, if anyone, is more capable or likely of trying to buy Super delegate votes? Info in articles is accurate. Continue your search- google some more. Inform other voters to do same. Its not too late.
#2 Mar 15, 2008
If you think Barack Obama with little or no experience would be better than Hillary Clinton with 35 years experience.
NOW THIS IS WHAT WE CALL EXPERIENCE
The Clinton Legacy
The only president ever impeached on grounds of personal malfeasance
- Most number of convictions and guilty pleas by friends and associates*
- Most number of cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
- Most number of witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
- Most number of witnesses to die suddenly
- First president sued for sexual harassment.
- First president accused of rape.
- First first lady to come under criminal investigation
- Largest criminal plea agreement in an illegal campaign contribution case
- First president to establish a legal defense fund.
- First president to be held in contempt of court
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad
- First president disbarred from the US Supreme Court and a state court
- Number of individuals and businesses associated with the Clinton machine who have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes: 47
- Number of these convictions during Clinton's presidency: 33
- Number of indictments/misdemeanor charges: 61
- Number of congressional witnesses who have pleaded the Fifth Amendment, fled the country to avoid testifying, or (in the case of foreign witnesses) refused to be interviewed: 122
CAMPAIGN FINANCE INVESTIGATION
- As of June 2000, the Justice Department listed 25 people indicted and 19 convicted because of the 1996 Clinton-Gore fundraising scandals.
- According to the House Committee on Government Reform in September 2000, 79 House and Senate witnesses asserted the Fifth Amendment in the course of investigations into Gore's last fundraising campaign.
-James Riady entered a plea agreement to pay an $8.5 million fine for campaign finance crimes. This was a record under campaign finance laws.
CLINTON MACHINE CRIMES FOR WHICH CONVICTIONS WERE OBTAINED
Drug trafficking (3), racketeering, extortion, bribery (4), tax evasion, kickbacks, embezzlement (2), fraud (12), conspiracy (5), fraudulent loans, illegal gifts (1), illegal campaign contributions (5), money laundering (6), perjury, obstruction of justice
- Number of independent counsel inquiries since the 1978 law was passed: 19
- Number that have produced indictments: 7
- Number that produced more convictions than the Starr investigation: 1
- Median length of investigations that led to convictions: 44 months
- Length of Starr-Ray investigation: 69 months.
- Total cost of the Starr investigation (3/00)$52 million
- Total cost of the Iran-Contra investigation:$48.5 million
- Total cost to taxpayers of the Madison Guarantee failure:$73 million
RON PAUL '08.
#3 Mar 15, 2008
All those Hollywood endorsements don't mean a hill of beans to me.
#4 Mar 15, 2008
Endorsements don't mean much to me but I also do not put a lot of weight in a Candidate who feels her experience in office is more important than the issues Americans are facing everyday. Sure she is experienced but will that experience translate into change or will it translate into more follow the republicans into a depression rhetoric?
She feels she is so experienced yet still pleas for Obama's support if she become the nominee? I doubt she will win the nomination but I don't feel she is the best to lead the counrty
Add your comments below
|George Lopez performs stand-up at Foxwoods||Mar 13||guest||1|
|Lenoir man makes mark on 'Millionaire' (Jan '14)||Jan '14||rocknroller||1|
|Cedric's Your Final Answer (Sep '13)||Sep '13||Allan Clement||1|
|Cedric The Entertainer Postpones Show (May '13)||May '13||Happy hh||1|
|Big-name celebrities to appear on Jewish kids show (Aug '09)||Jan '13||sitriss||3|
|Television drags its feet on diversity (Jun '12)||Jul '12||Moorspeaks||20|
|Cedric the Entertainer coming to Greenville (Aug '10)||Aug '10||ike||1|
Find what you want!
Search Cedric the Entertainer Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC