Catherine Zeta-Jones Seeks Treatment ...

Catherine Zeta-Jones Seeks Treatment for Bipolar 2 Disorder

There are 14 comments on the Time story from Apr 15, 2011, titled Catherine Zeta-Jones Seeks Treatment for Bipolar 2 Disorder. In it, Time reports that:

JOHN STILLWELL/AFP/Getty Images Tweet The celebrity face of bipolar disorder has typically been, well, sort of crazy .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Time.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1 Apr 15, 2011
No test for chemical imbalance. No medical. No evidence based medicine. No imagine device can determine a good brain from a defective brain. Exactly how did they determine that Zeta-Jones or any other person has bi- polar or any other mental disease or affliction?

We know that any increase in serotonin will heighten the "feel good" health of a person. Mind drugs make permanent changes to the biological brain. The mind drugs have other health side effects including erratic behaviors associated with suicide, death and violence.

Death, violence and suicide by mind drugs

http://ssristories.com/index.php
JoKem

Malaysia

#2 Apr 24, 2011
Publicity stunt..from a woman who rumored to have drugs and alcohol issues..?
Dolph Nickolsen

Makarska, Croatia

#3 Apr 24, 2011
Thats why I am straight edge
vaccineautism

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 Apr 24, 2011
HumanSpirit wrote:
No test for chemical imbalance. No medical. No evidence based medicine. No imagine device can determine a good brain from a defective brain. Exactly how did they determine that Zeta-Jones or any other person has bi- polar or any other mental disease or affliction?
We know that any increase in serotonin will heighten the "feel good" health of a person. Mind drugs make permanent changes to the biological brain. The mind drugs have other health side effects including erratic behaviors associated with suicide, death and violence.
Death, violence and suicide by mind drugs
http://ssristories.com/index.php
We have been indoctrinated to believe we must get treatment when we are anything but happy, but not too happy. Jones is likely stressed as celebrities can be, and likely could use a holiday, a good night sleep, and a young man to rock her world. Instead, she'll get a steady diet of Pharma that will do nothing must block this or that, but not change her situation, except for the worse.

Location hidden

#5 Apr 24, 2011
The Pharmacutical / Mental Health Industry has the world on a head trip by their attempted definitions of mental illness and disease. They have no science. They have no medical model. They have no evidence based medicine. They have no test for a chemical imbalance and wouldn't know a defective brain from a normal brain. They violated Constitutional law in free speech and self incrimination and Privacy rights in the USA.

They are involved in the chemical distortion of the biological brain by mind drugs leading to human-rights violation in gender identity, reproductive issues and creation of depression and other unstable acts of thought. They have used psychotherapy to alienate children and their bonding to parents.

They are a danger to the health and welfare of all countries and their societies.
Lifelong Bipolar - Rich P

Tampa, FL

#6 Apr 27, 2011
There was allways a correlation between the vicissitudes of my illness and the medication. I believe, however, that it is a hit or miss thing on the part of the psychiatric community. I think there are spiritual implications involved.
Always focus on a project. Take a course, write a memoir, etc. My attempt at a book has finally made it into print. The year-long process was the most cathartic experience in my 34 years as a manic depressive.
It has made friends and relatives much more understanding toward me, as well as helping me understand my own life. I am interacting with my loved ones again instead of being ashamed of past episodes and avoiding the reminder of them.
Check out my site. The book itself may be helpful to you or a loved one, and encourage you to write one too.
"Manic Episode and the Dark Side - a Memoir of a Bipolar Life" is the result of a recapitulation of my life as a bipolar. http://www.richard-patton.com
Manic Episodes and the Dark Side draws the reader in with an autobiographical sketch of a misspent youth, then plunges into the terror of bipolar illness. Rich Patton travels the rocky road from the darkness of seemingly hopeless depression to the frightening experiences of manic psychosis.
Following the sometimes humorous, but more often tragic, thirty-four years of the author's experiences with psychiatric wards, a state mental hospital, arrests, criminal incarcerations and trials, broken marriages and suicide attempts, the reader will be heartened to find there is hope.
Those who struggle with this illness-either personally or with a loved one-will benefit from learning how the author has successfully coped and achieved in spite of his illness. Included in this book are Six Pathways to the Light-a guide for surviving the darkest hours, including the embrace of a spiritual life.

Location hidden

#7 Apr 27, 2011
How low can you get when you force a celebrity at a low point in her life to advertise for the mental health industry to attempt to validate a mental health disease that is based on hearsay without science. The husband, Mike Douglas made known how he feels.

"Michael Douglas is angry that his wife, Catherine Zeta-Jones, was put under pressure to talk publicly about her bipolar disorder diagnosis because it was hard enough for the actress to admit she needed help"

Pasted from < http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/douglas-angr... ;
guest888

Ireland

#8 Apr 29, 2011
Yeah and he of course had nothing to do with the leak at all.

Location hidden

#9 Apr 29, 2011
Inside the Battle to Define Mental Illness

Every so often Al Frances says something that seems to surprise even him. Just now, for instance, in the predawn darkness of his comfortable, rambling home in Carmel, California, he has broken off his exercise routine to declare that “there is no definition of a mental disorder. It’s bullshit. I mean, you just can’t define it.” Then an odd, reflective look crosses his face, as if he’s taking in the strangeness of this scene: Allen Frances, lead editor of the fourth edition of the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (universally known as the DSM-IV), the guy who wrote the book on mental illness, confessing that “these concepts are virtually impossible to define precisely with bright lines at the boundaries.” For the first time in two days, the conversation comes to an awkward halt.

Pasted from < http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/12/ff_dsmv... ;

There are no genetic tests, no brain scans, blood tests, chemical imbalance tests or X-rays that can scientifically/medically prove that any psychiatric disorder is a medical condition.

Location hidden

#10 Apr 29, 2011
guest888 wrote:
Yeah and he of course had nothing to do with the leak at all.
He has cancer. He has a beautiful wife and he's attempting to protect her from the evilness of the mental health industry. That's an honor for her. It shows a man that cares

The mental health industry has no science. No medical model. No evidence based medicine and the industry lied about chemical imbalance to drug the nation (world population) and made up all these "made to order" mental illnesses. The industry must justify their existance.

Location hidden

#11 Apr 29, 2011
Child psychiatry is sick with hidden conflicts of interest

Child psychiatry is sick with hidden conflicts of interest
By Dr. Leonard Sax

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 4:00 AM

When I first began writing prescriptions for children 22 years ago, it was unusual for a child to be taking powerful psychiatric drugs. Today it's common. How did we get here?

Dr. Joseph Biederman is part of the answer. He's an important guy. His title is "chief of pediatric psychopharmacology" at Massachusetts General Hospital, the main teaching hospital for Harvard Medical School. Pediatricians and family doctors look to him, and doctors like him, for guidance about what they should do with problem kids. For the past two decades, Biederman has pushed the use of medications for treating ADHD and bipolar disorder. Over the past two decades, the use of medications for treating those disorders has soared.

Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Iowa), recognizing how much influence Biederman has in promoting these medications for children, wondered whether the doctor might be taking money from drug companies. When first asked, Biederman admitted to taking perhaps "a couple hundred thousand dollars" from pharmaceutical companies. When he was asked to take another look, it turned out that Biederman and a colleague had accepted more than $1.6 million from the drug companies. And they hadn't told anybody.

Or consider the case of Dr. Fred Goodwin. After stepping down as director of the National Institute for Mental Health, Goodwin moved on to serve as the host of the NPR program "The Infinite Mind." Goodwin didn't think he needed to tell anybody that the drug companies were paying him $1.3 million, even as he reassured listeners on his program about the safety of powerful psychiatric medications for children. Last month, after his connections to the drug industry came to light, NPR canceled his program.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2008/12/1...

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#12 May 1, 2011
I was pretty surprised to know that Zeta-Jones is suffering bipolar disorder because of her husband's cancer. I have been liking her and her movies. I think she must be havinb great depression and pressure. All my best wishes and love for her and her family. And I expect she can go back to the career soon.

http://www.newsuperhuman.com/catherine-zeta-j...
Andres
#14 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Vittoria

UK

#15 Jan 30, 2014
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/TRCx1y only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catherine Zeta-Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A picture of Catherine Zeta-Jones 'smoking' ill... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Yes 2
News Zeta-Jones dubbed 'salsa emoji' (Jan '15) Jan '15 ltnlpe 1
News Robin Williams Suspected of Taking Life Because... (Aug '14) Oct '14 hunterjuly 11
News Melanie Griffith divorcing Antonio Banderas (Jun '14) Jun '14 dmw 2
News How did bipolar disorder become so common? (Oct '13) Oct '13 Haillee 10
News Diahann Carroll on African-American Emmy nomine... (Sep '13) Sep '13 ForeignerlovesAme... 1
News Katie Holmes devastated after being turned down... (Nov '07) Sep '13 Jane Says 2
More from around the web