Yusuf Islam wins damages for "veiled women" slur

Jul 18, 2008 Full story: WNED.org 27

British folk singer Yusuf Islam, formerly Cat Stevens, on Friday accepted libel damages and an apology from a news agency which reported he refused to talk to women at an awards ceremony who were not wearing a ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Smitty the infidel

Seattle, WA

#1 Jul 18, 2008
He supports terrorism and finances it. She should remain on the no fly list forever. He is not wecome in the USA, as he is a Quisling.

http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/l18883416-st...
Eris

UK

#2 Jul 18, 2008
Cat Stevens is a liar & a hypocrite. He claims that he never called for the death of Rushdie. If that is so why has he had the evidence removed from Youtube.
He is a lying scumbag anmd he can sue me if he wants.

http://uk.youtube.com/browse...
Syed

Toronto, Canada

#3 Jul 18, 2008
Eris wrote:
Cat Stevens is a liar & a hypocrite. He claims that he never called for the death of Rushdie. If that is so why has he had the evidence removed from Youtube.
Jealous perhaps lol!
paulette

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

#4 Jul 18, 2008
How do you know thats true? If he hadn't fought and won awards for the former slander you'd say thats was true too. And why would he fight this if what you say is true.
Smitty the infidel wrote:
He supports terrorism and finances it. She should remain on the no fly list forever. He is not wecome in the USA, as he is a Quisling.
http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/l18883416-st...

“Got Geek?”

Since: Nov 07

Seattle

#6 Jul 18, 2008
I like Yusuf Islam. Even if he was sexist I'd still listen to his nasheeds.
BelGazou

Stockton, CA

#7 Jul 20, 2008
Eris wrote:
I remember when he condemned Rushdie. After the heat was off and Khomeini dead, he recanted what he had said. Being in the public eye, he was probably afraid of not condemning Rushdie lest a fatwa be placed on him as well. It appears that the only way they can keep the "faithful" towing the line is through a culture of fear and through a herd mentality.
Why I Am Not A Muslim

Sandy, TX

#8 Jul 21, 2008
Cat Stevens: From "Peace Train" to The Religion of Rest-In-Peace!!! I remember when a reporter interviewed Cat Stevens and asked him if he was careful about or did any research into whether the Islamic charities he contributed money to were financing terrorism, to which he replied something to the effect that that was not his role or responsibility, and then later on he refused to condemn Palestinian suicide bombers! What a cowardly moron!
-I LOVE ISLAM-

Hofuf, Saudi Arabia

#9 Jul 21, 2008
The Story of Pop Star "Cat Stevens" who Became "Yusuf Islam"

Watch the documentary http://video.google.com/videoplay...

Cat Stevens burst onto the Pop Music scene in the swinging 70's. After being told that he had a very limited time to live and so he sent 7 albums to the top 10. After selling 40 million records he abandoned the music business to find himself and his journey through Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Numerology and finally ISLAM!

Watch and hear his remarkable journey in this documentary!
http://video.google.com/videoplay...

==========

AN ISLAMIC HISTORY OF EUROPE:

BBC Documentary Film

February 2007

Watch the BBC Documentary Film here: http://video.google.com/videoplay...

In this 90-minute BBC documentary, Rageh Omaar uncovers the hidden story of Europe's Islamic past and looks back to a golden age when European civilisation was enriched by Islamic learning.

Rageh travels across medieval Muslim Europe to reveal the vibrant civilisation that Muslims brought to the West.

This evocative film brings to life a time when emirs and caliphs dominated Spain and Sicily and Islamic scholarship swept into the major cities of Europe.

His journey reveals the debt owed to Islam for its vital contribution to the European Renaissance.

This documentary looks at the civilisation that was established in Spain under Muslim rule and how this society, inspired by Islam, was far advanced from any European society, that was going through the ‘Dark Ages’. It also establishes a fact that is rarely acredited to Muslim history, that the basis of intellectual and cultural revival in Europe known as the Renaissance came about only because of the intellectual advancement of Muslim Spain and its willingness to share knowledge and wisdom with wider Europe.
Clare

Carshalton, UK

#10 Jul 21, 2008
Cat Stevens used to be a lovely peace loving guy. Then he was braionwashed by islam and wanted to see Rushdie burnt alive.
That's what islam does to peaceful people.
BelGazou

Stockton, CA

#11 Jul 21, 2008
Yes, the Umayyads from Damascus, who settled in Cordoba in 755, were peaceable and bought the sciences, philosophy and art, not to mention music and more sophisticated musical instruments, into Spain long before the Italian Renaissance began in Florence. The three major religions in Spain, Christianity, Islam and Judaism, all thrived under peaceful Umayyad rule, with both Christians and Jews holding high offices and governorships in several cities. This lasted for on and off for almost 800 years until the Horde of the Unwashed, the Berbers, with their draconian version of Islam, overthrew the Umayyads and plunged Spain back into the dark ages. It was then that the Spaniards appealed to Rome for the Crusaders to help them rid Spain of the new barbarians. Christian fanaticism overtook Spain resulting in the Spanish Inquisition, expelling Jews who had resided in Spain for many, many centuries as well as the deposed Umayyads, both who had become integrated into Spanish life over the centuries.

As for Cat Stevens, he has exhibited a lot of fear and cowardice by both condemning Rushdie and then when the heat was off, recanting his condemnation. As the child of Greek immigrants, Cat Stevens could have embraced the more moderate, western Islam of Bosnia and Herzegovina, where they do not practice violent jihad or carry out the practice of murderous fatwas. As for his support of "charities" that were actually fronts for terrorist organizations, he probably was ignorant of their true intent.
-I LOVE ISLAM- wrote:
The Story of Pop Star "Cat Stevens" who Became "Yusuf Islam"
Watch the documentary http://video.google.com/videoplay...
Cat Stevens burst onto the Pop Music scene in the swinging 70's. After being told that he had a very limited time to live and so he sent 7 albums to the top 10. After selling 40 million records he abandoned the music business to find himself and his journey through Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Numerology and finally ISLAM!
Watch and hear his remarkable journey in this documentary!
http://video.google.com/videoplay...
==========
AN ISLAMIC HISTORY OF EUROPE:
BBC Documentary Film
February 2007
Watch the BBC Documentary Film here: http://video.google.com/videoplay...
In this 90-minute BBC documentary, Rageh Omaar uncovers the hidden story of Europe's Islamic past and looks back to a golden age when European civilisation was enriched by Islamic learning.
Rageh travels across medieval Muslim Europe to reveal the vibrant civilisation that Muslims brought to the West.
This evocative film brings to life a time when emirs and caliphs dominated Spain and Sicily and Islamic scholarship swept into the major cities of Europe.
His journey reveals the debt owed to Islam for its vital contribution to the European Renaissance.
This documentary looks at the civilisation that was established in Spain under Muslim rule and how this society, inspired by Islam, was far advanced from any European society, that was going through the ‘Dark Ages’. It also establishes a fact that is rarely acredited to Muslim history, that the basis of intellectual and cultural revival in Europe known as the Renaissance came about only because of the intellectual advancement of Muslim Spain and its willingness to share knowledge and wisdom with wider Europe.

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#12 Jul 21, 2008
Cat Stevens=Loser.

:p
dont-be-controll ed

UK

#13 Jul 21, 2008
any westerner who converts to islam is nothing but a cowardly spineless b*stard.
Truth Tellers

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia

#14 Jul 21, 2008
Thanks Christians in this forum for demonstrating and exposing the biblical true ethics and morals!

Thanks for demonstrating to us how much you do NOT trust your Bible and how much you do not obey your biblical Jesus as he orders you in your own bible:

Jesus said:
"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" [Matthew 5:44](KJV)

"Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." [1 Corinthians 6:10](KJV)

Then do not wonder why people in large masses are leaving the hypocritical christianity and never look back!

You are doing a good job in helping people leaving christianity. Keep the good job!!
regine masson

Gent, Belgium

#15 Oct 22, 2008
Truth tellers i only can say you are telling them the truth.
staringatshallow

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#16 Dec 2, 2008
I am amused at the condemnation of Islam.
"Any westerner who converts to Islam is nothing but a cowardly spinless b*stard"? Seriously? You are a joke.
The negative remarks given above has shown nothing but your shallowness and sad existence.
I truly feel sorry for you. Without in-depth understanding of the word and meaning of Islam, you have made yourself seem like helpless pathetic group of people who magnifies the glory of their stupidity. Tsk..tsk..
Your lack of knowledge combined with a superiority complex without direction is an act of blind terrorist by itself.
Ian

Sheffield, UK

#17 Dec 2, 2008
All religion is an abuse of faith
staringatshallow wrote:
I am amused at the condemnation of Islam.
"Any westerner who converts to Islam is nothing but a cowardly spinless b*stard"? Seriously? You are a joke.
The negative remarks given above has shown nothing but your shallowness and sad existence.
I truly feel sorry for you. Without in-depth understanding of the word and meaning of Islam, you have made yourself seem like helpless pathetic group of people who magnifies the glory of their stupidity. Tsk..tsk..
Your lack of knowledge combined with a superiority complex without direction is an act of blind terrorist by itself.

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Since: Apr 08

Scholar of the Obvious

#18 Dec 2, 2008
staringatshallow wrote:
I am amused at the condemnation of Islam..........
But did you ever notice that there is a direct corolation between the amount of condemnation and the frequency of Islamic terrorism?
Buford

United States

#19 Dec 2, 2008
Gee, I read the Qur'an and Hadiths and see a man, called "Mohammad" by his deluded sycophants, who met "Gabriel" in a cave one day, and, through "Gabriel's" perverted influence, became a megalomaniacal thief, rapist, and murderer who hated Jews in particular because they rightly rejected him as a false prophet.

Islam condemns itself.
Muslim

Saudi Arabia

#20 Dec 21, 2008
If your car is broken, then you can not fix it in a hospital! right?!
OK, then if I want to know any thing or have any thing I have to go to the right place and the right person.
If I want to learn engineering, I must go to the engineering college, not to the medical college.
If I want to knew the right thing about Islam, I must listen from Muslims, then I can see.
not from any other people.
I said all this because I hear a lot of rumors about Islam.
Please, dont talk about Islam with out know everything about it.
there are so many things in this life are not what they seem at the first time, and there are so many things in this life are not what people talk about it. like rumors...

“"Watch For The Signs Of A NWO"”

Since: Oct 08

Call Me Yahya: *Islam Is Evil*

#21 Dec 21, 2008

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cat Stevens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Karen Telleen-Lawton: Cat Stevens' Return to Mu... (May '14) May '14 supersonic boom 4
Nirvana, KISS among Rock Hall inductees (Dec '13) Jan '14 Dream Crystal 2
Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam) 'Tickled' by Rock Hal... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Rex 1
At left, Yusuf Islam, formerly Cat Stevens, in ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Foo 6
Yusuf Islam On World Cafe (Dec '13) Dec '13 Onelawforall 8
Wild World live in Israel (Apr '12) Apr '12 Israel 1
Yusuf Islam for Doha concert (Jan '12) Jan '12 Moe Hamed Howard 6
More from around the web