BOK Center Concert Announcement

BOK Center Concert Announcement

There are 53 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from May 30, 2008, titled BOK Center Concert Announcement. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

Two more acts for Tulsa's new BOK Center were announced Friday morning. The center's first comedy act and first contemporary Christian concert were announced by Mayor Kathy Taylor Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“When u get the chance, dance”

Since: May 08

Stillwater

#1 May 30, 2008
Mayor Taylor doesn't want to talk about the lack of police on the streets or the conditions of the road, she wants to talk about who will be at the BOK. She's got her priorities in line.

Stillwater

#2 May 30, 2008
Oh by the way, The BOK center looks like crap from the outside. Who designed that eyesore and who approved it?
Jack

Tulsa, OK

#3 May 30, 2008
Your mom and your mom. By the way she owes me $20 have her call me.
Bubble wrote:
Oh by the way, The BOK center looks like crap from the outside. Who designed that eyesore and who approved it?
bIG aL

Bartlesville, OK

#4 May 30, 2008
Can you say zzzzzzzzzzzz?
just wondering

United States

#5 May 30, 2008
Now where are we suppoce to park when these events come to town? Will there be shuttle service from the Civic Center Parking?
James

Wichita, KS

#6 May 30, 2008
I wish people would quit bitching about Tulsa. I live in Wichita ans i would love it my company was in Tulsa. I LOVE the city. The new arena and everything that is happening is going to be awesome. The streets will come. Also the civic center parkling is not that far. Maybe that is why Oklahomans are dead last on the fat list. Maybe if people would wlk their fat asses a little it would be better for you.
Sick Of Drunks

Norman, OK

#7 May 30, 2008
Mississippi is the fattest state.

And the BOK Center is butt ugly.
bill

United States

#8 May 30, 2008
Seriously? A Ventriloquist? Ok, so are they EVER going to bring a non-country, non-oldies, non-vegas act to town? I realize that it's tough to get big names here, but COME ON!
Sparky

United States

#9 May 30, 2008
James wrote:
I wish people would quit bitching about Tulsa. I live in Wichita ans i would love it my company was in Tulsa. I LOVE the city. The new arena and everything that is happening is going to be awesome. The streets will come. Also the civic center parkling is not that far. Maybe that is why Oklahomans are dead last on the fat list. Maybe if people would wlk their fat asses a little it would be better for you.
Shoot, ANY PLACE would look good compared to Witchita! But once you move here you'll discover that if you want to eat you have to fight the traffic on 71st and if you want to........uh, if you want to......uh.....oh wait that's about it. Eating out, and movies. Welcome to Tulsa
JANIE

Tulsa, OK

#10 May 30, 2008
Bubble wrote:
A BIG AMEN to that. I had to drive downtown for business and all the streets messed up and blocked off due to construction and then you look at what is being constructed and it sucks. I still say the old Tulsa Convention Center is 1k times better. Mayor Taylor is probably getting some kickbacks from all the promoting she is doing. The streets are so bad downtown who would want to drive them to get to the New BOK Center anyway!!
mtmt

Fort Worth, TX

#11 May 30, 2008
one word - METAL!!! There are plenty of underground bands, tours, etc. that would be happy to relieve Tulsa of it's backwoods-redneck-christian-ig norant stereotype. That way we won't have to go to shit-holes like The Hive or the Pink Eye, where someone could get shot, assaulted, or whatever.

I would throw down good money for a decent Metal show at the BOK center.

... but then again, this is Oklahoma -- the state where when the public is asked to submit nominations for a state ROCK song, people submit COUNTRY songs, or songs of genres that are NOT, nor are related to, rock. Most okies wouldn't know Metal music from recorded amplified flatulence. No big deal... I'm willing to carpool to cooler towns like OKC or Dallas for decent music. Screw Tulsa!

Stillwater

#12 May 30, 2008
mtmt wrote:
one word - METAL!!! There are plenty of underground bands, tours, etc. that would be happy to relieve Tulsa of it's backwoods-redneck-christian-ig norant stereotype. That way we won't have to go to shit-holes like The Hive or the Pink Eye, where someone could get shot, assaulted, or whatever.
I would throw down good money for a decent Metal show at the BOK center.
... but then again, this is Oklahoma -- the state where when the public is asked to submit nominations for a state ROCK song, people submit COUNTRY songs, or songs of genres that are NOT, nor are related to, rock. Most okies wouldn't know Metal music from recorded amplified flatulence. No big deal... I'm willing to carpool to cooler towns like OKC or Dallas for decent music. Screw Tulsa!
You are totally euless. Go back to Texas.
mtmt

Fort Worth, TX

#13 May 30, 2008
Bubble wrote:
<quoted text>
You are totally euless. Go back to Texas.
no, I'm in Tulsa. Euless is where my work's internet proxy server is located... dip-shit!
JANIE

Tulsa, OK

#14 May 30, 2008
I don't ever hear anyone promoting the BOK Center speak about the acoustics. If the acoustics are bad in the theatre it won't matter what band you go to see the sound will suck. The Brady Theatre has the best acoustics. The seating is a little narrow and cramped but the acoustics are awesome.
James

Wichita, KS

#15 May 30, 2008
I used to live in Tulsa but moved here for work. I love Tulsa. People have no pride anymore about a city. Your getting a new arena. LIke it or not you may be a hardass on here but you will go to a concert there no matter what the roads are going to be like. I travel every weekend to come to Tulsa to watch sports and the Tulsa Talons....or the drillers....or the oilers. Kansas has very good city streets but i would not trade that one bit for a city like Tulsa.
BPS

United States

#16 May 30, 2008
bill wrote:
Seriously? A Ventriloquist? Ok, so are they EVER going to bring a non-country, non-oldies, non-vegas act to town? I realize that it's tough to get big names here, but COME ON!
You've never seen Jeff Dunham...he's beyond Vegas.

You people will bitch about anything...
Wiley

Tulsa, OK

#17 May 30, 2008
There is an arena being built in Tulsa? Where?
JANIE

Tulsa, OK

#18 May 30, 2008
James wrote:
I used to live in Tulsa but moved here for work. I love Tulsa. People have no pride anymore about a city. Your getting a new arena. LIke it or not you may be a hardass on here but you will go to a concert there no matter what the roads are going to be like. I travel every weekend to come to Tulsa to watch sports and the Tulsa Talons....or the drillers....or the oilers. Kansas has very good city streets but i would not trade that one bit for a city like Tulsa.
This is ironic but we drive to Wichita every Sunday to attend the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church on Broadway and we love Wichita. It is so much nicer than Tulsa and the job opportunites and colleges are better. If and when we sell our house we may move there. But just to reiterate. I will not be attending anything at the BOK Center.
James

Wichita, KS

#19 May 30, 2008
Well technically 2. There is also a convention center being built in Bixby i believe. Everyone bit ches about wherever they live. Maybe you should thinkn about that before you bitch about living in Tulsa and that there is nothing to do there. try living in Picher or Greensburg, KS. Maybe you should be content with what you have or move somewhere else.
Mikey

Tulsa, OK

#20 May 30, 2008
Who cares if you go/don't go to the arena Janie. And good for you for going to Wichita every Sunday to attend the Cult of Misconception! Maybe you should walk away from your house and move there this weekend when you go to church. Tulsa will not miss you and will be better off without you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casting Crowns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lionel Richie, Casting Crowns among finalists f... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Phillip Kali 1
News Christian bands, speakers to bring hope and hea... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Zoloft 2
News Nonprofit: North Korea orchestra coming to US (Mar '12) Mar '12 Jane 1
News 'All About Jesus' (Mar '12) Mar '12 Midnight Rider 2
News On the radio: KFSH-FM stages holiday concert (Nov '10) Nov '10 Kay 1
News Crowds fill Creation music festival in Mount Union (Jun '10) Jun '10 Ship 1
News Andrea Bocelli tops holiday albums (Dec '09) Dec '09 Pretty Feet 1
More from around the web