'Boston Legal' Worth A Look In Final Season Despite Politics

There are 2 comments on the Nov 14, 2008, The Town-Crier Newspaper story titled 'Boston Legal' Worth A Look In Final Season Despite Politics. In it, The Town-Crier Newspaper reports that:

'Boston Legal' Worth A Look In Final Season Despite Politics Leonard Wechsler 14.NOV.08 Boston Legal is now in its fifth and final season on ABC .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Town-Crier Newspaper.

GRice

Tulsa, OK

#1 Nov 19, 2008
B.L. "was" one of my favorite TV shows. But, when Candace Bergen came on scene, I knew the politics would get heavier.
I managed to enjoy most of the shows until last season when the REPUBLICAN Denny became nothing but a big buffoon for all to make fun of.
This season I was almost glad when I heard this was the last season. I watched the first few shows through, but the last two I had to turn off half way through. I literally almost threw up when I watched the Alan & Shirley balcony scene. Mainly because I know they were totally serious and into the very words they were saying.
I hear enough politics and country berating from the major media. I watch TV shows to get away from the current affairs and enjoy a few laughs or a good mystery. That's called ENTERTAINMENT! B.L. fell out of that category and I am disappointed the actors in the series went along with Mr. Kelley's tyrants this long. Having said that - I am inclined to believe they all agree with what he is doing and his politics and should be blamed equally.
I shall therefore follow his example and express my feelings and beliefs by turning the channel any time I see a David E. Kelley production come on my screen. I will probably also avoid following any series that casts the current B.L. cast.
That is sad too, because I enjoyed watching most of the cast in other productions in the past.
So - good bye B.L. Sorry I could not stomach watching it through the last show.
And - YES, I am one of the IDIOTS that voted for J.M. because I am a REPUBLICAN and he was a much better choice for the job than Obama / Biden.
I am 68yrs old and I am very disheartened to see how far the Left would go in destroying this country just to get back at G.B. and to take back POWER! God Help us all because we will need it in the coming years! Mark my words!
Tim Hoke

Coldwater, MI

#2 Dec 2, 2008
While I agree with some of the political statements of the lady above this show is the best written shows on tv!!!!! Great humor great acting by the cast. Can only hopr that a quality spinoff will follow this show. Back when The Practice was cancelled they brought BL to us and now this one is going away.....what a shame considering that there is sooooooooooo much swill on the air!! Please bring us back a good spinoff. Cast Alan Shore and Jerry as the two main characters and replace some of those false reality shows with something we can enjoy!!!! DENNY CRANE!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Candice Bergen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bergen reunites with 'Murphy' cast (Apr '12) Jul '13 Avril Ramona 2
News Candice Bergen producing film on her famed father (Apr '13) Apr '13 hehehe 1
News Candice Bergen producing film on her famed father (Apr '13) Apr '13 Sheik Yerbouti 1
Candice Bergen nude (Mar '11) Mar '11 Dee 1
Shirley Schmidt's jewelry (Mar '06) Apr '10 Pat Eskenazi 3
News Happy Birthday, Candice Bergen (Mar '09) Mar '09 AliceJ 1
News Review: Bride Wars (Jan '09) Jan '09 SillyGirl 1
More from around the web