Round 'n' round

Round 'n' round

There are 8 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Aug 13, 2008, titled Round 'n' round. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

Bill Bennett is ready to take everyone for a ride at the Otero County Fair he has 14 of them, being the owner of Bennett Amusements.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

AvidReader

Alamogordo, NM

#1 Aug 14, 2008
I come from a town alot smaller than this...not one stop light..kind of like Tularosa...farmers and lots of livestock. The fairgrounds there are about 5-6 times as big as Otero's. I haven't been to this fair yet, is it worth the money you have to pay to get in? How does the traffic in town get during the fair, I like over by the fairgrounds. Just curious.

“"Just 'cuz I can"”

Since: Feb 08

Alamogordo, NM

#2 Aug 14, 2008
It all depends on what you are looking for and what you are use to seeing and doing at the fair. The traffic does get a little heavier than ususal. You also need to remember that the majority of people in the county don't really know how to drive well. For example: use turn signals, common driving courtesy just to9 name a couple. The parking lot does need to have the holes fixed. Some of them you could lose a small car in.
Last year when I went I almost got hit twice by people who were not watching what they were doing or where they were going. All in all the fair wasn't all that bad.

“Time to get down to business”

Since: Jun 08

Alamogordo

#3 Aug 14, 2008
Usually, everything is kind of crammed in there. It can be a pain trying to walk through the place at times. For a county fair, it is kind of small.

PinkFloyd

“Valkyrie”

Since: Feb 08

Alamogordo

#4 Aug 14, 2008
Justin_ wrote:
Usually, everything is kind of crammed in there. It can be a pain trying to walk through the place at times. For a county fair, it is kind of small.
It is the best and most attended county fair in the state though.
NM4LIFE

Alamogordo, NM

#5 Aug 14, 2008
You know, I get real tired of all of the negativity about our wonderful little corner of the world! This is my hometown and I CHOOSE to be here. I understand that a lot of the military folks don't choose to be here, but you people who DO choose to be here should not be so negative about it! Be proud of where you call home!

Our little county fair is nice. No, it's not Disneyland or Six Flags but it's nice. The kids love it, I love it, my husband loves it. There is something for everyone there! Rides, food, exhibits, animals. So, the parking lot has a few potholes....wa wa wa. Drive around them since you are such a great driver!

I also don't like the fact that "Leprachan" says that NO ONE can drive around here. I guess he/she speaks for himself/herself only because I know I can drive just fine!!

There are a lot worse places to live than here....if you don't like it here, go find one of them!!

Since: Dec 07

Rio Rancho, NM

#6 Aug 14, 2008
NM4LIFE wrote:
You know, I get real tired of all of the negativity about our wonderful little corner of the world! This is my hometown and I CHOOSE to be here. I understand that a lot of the military folks don't choose to be here, but you people who DO choose to be here should not be so negative about it! Be proud of where you call home!
Our little county fair is nice. No, it's not Disneyland or Six Flags but it's nice. The kids love it, I love it, my husband loves it. There is something for everyone there! Rides, food, exhibits, animals. So, the parking lot has a few potholes....wa wa wa. Drive around them since you are such a great driver!
I also don't like the fact that "Leprachan" says that NO ONE can drive around here. I guess he/she speaks for himself/herself only because I know I can drive just fine!!
There are a lot worse places to live than here....if you don't like it here, go find one of them!!
I agree. I've lived in a lot of other places(Florida, Boston, Indiana, California) and none of their events really compared to the Otero County Fair to me.

Our local fair just seems so small and home town. I haven't gone in years, working graveyards kind of kills that, but I would go to our fair over others anyday.

“Time to get down to business”

Since: Jun 08

Alamogordo

#7 Aug 14, 2008
I get tired of the same old thing every year. Same rides, same everything. I guess though, that my vision has been somewhat corrupted. I just get tired of bumping into someone everytime I try to take a step because there is no room to walk.

I used to attend an actual state fair that had 4 or 5 parking lots and many, many acres of space for rides, booths, and other events. Including Monster trucks, motocross, etc.

So, I've been corrupted by this other stuff. I just don't understand why they don't open the fair grounds up a little more, so it's not so crowded. It seems like there is enough room to do so.

NM4Life, you might want to get out every once in a while and check out what this country has to offer, you might like it. You complaining about complainers complaining is just a bunch of needless complaining. Just like this is a bunch of complaining.

PinkFloyd

“Valkyrie”

Since: Feb 08

Alamogordo

#8 Aug 14, 2008
Justin_ wrote:
I get tired of the same old thing every year. Same rides, same everything. I guess though, that my vision has been somewhat corrupted. I just get tired of bumping into someone everytime I try to take a step because there is no room to walk.
I used to attend an actual state fair that had 4 or 5 parking lots and many, many acres of space for rides, booths, and other events. Including Monster trucks, motocross, etc.
So, I've been corrupted by this other stuff. I just don't understand why they don't open the fair grounds up a little more, so it's not so crowded. It seems like there is enough room to do so.
NM4Life, you might want to get out every once in a while and check out what this country has to offer, you might like it. You complaining about complainers complaining is just a bunch of needless complaining. Just like this is a bunch of complaining.
Lately, the state fair has been taken over by gangs and thugs. Not very safe to go to it anymore either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buscemi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Slouching Towards Hollywood: This 'Saint' has s... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Hue Rhodes 1
News City to bring back police entrance exam (Sep '10) Sep '10 Jack Mehoff 1
News Whodunnit for celebrity age in Rage (Feb '09) Feb '09 Sandy 1
News the fat bitch day (Feb '07) Sep '08 yorij 3
News DVD - Monster House (Apr '07) Dec '07 nickponed 2
News Easton Man Accused Of Attempt At Homicide In Sh... (Jul '07) Jul '07 i wonder 1
News Short Takes: `Charlotte's Web,' `Black Christma... (Apr '07) Apr '07 33 things 1
More from around the web