Rapper Pimp C Found Dead in LA Hotel

Rapper Pimp C Found Dead in LA Hotel

There are 63 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 4, 2007, titled Rapper Pimp C Found Dead in LA Hotel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Pimp C, who spun searing tales of Texas street life into a key role in the rise of Southern hip-hop, was found dead in an upscale hotel on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
JBT

Bronx, NY

#1 Dec 4, 2007
WHO? Call me outdated, but is this guy even famous? Never heard of 'em. Stiil my condolences to his family and friends.
mrmcgoo

Bronx, NY

#2 Dec 4, 2007
wow another one bites the dust i guess

“We need another Reagan!”

Since: Sep 07

Somewhere in Nassau County, NY

#6 Dec 4, 2007
I'm curious but why is some gang banging, drug dealing punks death news?
HUNTINGTON MAN

Bronx, NY

#8 Dec 4, 2007
WHY DID NEWSDAY BLEEP OUT THE DUDES NAME.NOW IT SOUNDS LIKE I USED THE "S" WORD INSTEAD OF HIS NAME. YOU MADE SOUND EVEN BETTER.THEY DO THAT ON THE JIMMY KIMMEL SHOW. IT'S CALLED UNNECESSARY CENSORSHIP.THANKS NEWSDAY!!!
ABUSER

New York, NY

#9 Dec 5, 2007
*pimp*-c Get well soon and please try to take better care. Let us know when you feel better, peace out.
sowhat

Bangkok, Thailand

#11 Dec 5, 2007
I would say drug OD.Maybe he injected uncut heroin?No big loss.
Fruuuuuuuuuuuuuu nkis

Bronx, NY

#12 Dec 5, 2007
Oh well!
Death Race 2000

Englishtown, NJ

#13 Dec 5, 2007
His Potna, PepC said it was Coke!!!!
poconoweeze

Sunbury, PA

#14 Dec 5, 2007
good. another looser off the face of the earth. No talent except to be ugly.
SHAMROCK

AOL

#16 Dec 5, 2007
Are we supposed to care about this?
Barney Rubble

Orlando, FL

#18 Dec 5, 2007
Dear Newsday,

We have a horse race here for the least newsworthy article within the last 48 hours; the demise of this virtually unknown two-bit punk or the Spice Girls tour announcement.

Both stories are like dog food filler.

In either case, I can line my bird cage with them because using them as packing paper would insult UPS.

Very fitting....
curly g

Warwick, NY

#19 Dec 5, 2007
baaaaam! cradle rock style! he wore too much crazy gumby gold anyway. baaaam!
Um Well

Manorville, NY

#20 Dec 5, 2007
No Big loss. Thugs live, thugs die. Lets not make a martyr out of a lowlife.
Crabby

Kenly, NC

#21 Dec 5, 2007
What took him so long?
susan

New York, NY

#22 Dec 5, 2007
Who?
Jay

Stamford, CT

#24 Dec 5, 2007
HUNTINGTON MAN wrote:
WHY DID NEWSDAY BLEEP OUT THE DUDES NAME.NOW IT SOUNDS LIKE I USED THE "S" WORD INSTEAD OF HIS NAME. YOU MADE SOUND EVEN BETTER.THEY DO THAT ON THE JIMMY KIMMEL SHOW. IT'S CALLED UNNECESSARY CENSORSHIP.THANKS NEWSDAY!!!
What an @ss.. its TUPAC you ignorant scumbag
Hillbillary

Brooklyn, NY

#29 Dec 5, 2007
Pimp who? I must be getting old. Or, it's just that I don't have gang or trailer trash taste-I think that's it. This is newsworthy because.......
Hillbillary

Brooklyn, NY

#30 Dec 5, 2007
**** that was: P I M P

Newsday cracks me up-some of the words used on these postings (all articles) are truly disgusting and they take P I M P out!!

YIKES !
WaWaWhat

Cranston, RI

#31 Dec 5, 2007
Critics praised the CD, which included the hit "International Player's Anthem (I Choose You)," featuring OutKast. Pimp C's verse riffs on high-class women and cars: "I'm pullin' Bentleys off the lot. Smashed up the gray one, bought me a red. Everytime we hit the parking lot we turn heads," he raps.

Critics?? Really though, those are some powerful lyrics. Sounds like he was really in touch and fully understood the hardships and perils his community faced. That's some deep stuff.
YO YO YO Crotch Grabber

Valley Stream, NY

#38 Dec 5, 2007
RAP HIM UP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bun B Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hip-Hop Rumors: Was Freeway In A Car Accident? (Jun '12) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 2
News Reports: ABN's Dinky D, Poppa C Shot Dead Outsi... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Sheik Yerbouti 1
News Bun B on Why Hip Hop is Failing (Jun '09) Aug '11 fresh 8
News Who Makes The Mt. Rushmore Of Houston Rap? (Feb '11) Feb '11 bmar1926 1
News Turning the Screw: K-Rino, Bun B, Lil Wayne, Sn... (Nov '09) Nov '09 strap 1
News Pimp C, of rap group UGK, found dead in hotel (Dec '07) Sep '09 ott 12
News Budha Releases Debut, "Intro to Budha" On iTunes (Jun '09) Sep '09 David 9
More from around the web