Surf Ballroom and Rock Hall prepare f...

Surf Ballroom and Rock Hall prepare for big Buddy Holly 50th anniversary

There are 1 comment on the Http story from Oct 16, 2008, titled Surf Ballroom and Rock Hall prepare for big Buddy Holly 50th anniversary. In it, Http reports that:

More details have emerged from the Surf Ballroom & Museum in Clear Lake about the coming 50th anniversary commemoration of "the Day the Music Died." Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. "the Big Bopper" ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Http.

Rawrlos

Houston, TX

#1 Feb 2, 2009
I think it stinks that the bands have to leave their reg. band members they play with thoughout the year at home for some cardboard cutouts that act as the back up band for the main figure heads of the groups. For example the Fireballs have a band that's been together for years, so their act is totally different than when you have 'sit-ins' backing them up. I understand it's about saving money, but there is musicians out there that have played with these groups for over 10 years that need to work too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buddy Holly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Not Fade Away...The complete studio recordings ... Apr 9 Elliottfan 2
Buddy Holly ever last song in life ??? (Feb '09) Oct '17 mhills5202 18
News On Religion (Jul '17) Jul '17 Mockingjay cristol 1
News Buddy Holly's Rockin' Dance Party rolls into town (Feb '17) Feb '17 Not at the Gib 1
News "Peggy Sue" Sued? (Jan '08) Dec '16 More to the story 6
News 48 Years Later, Big Bopper Rumors Buried (Mar '07) Oct '16 dmleforce 26
News 2 - Mudcrutch (May '16) May '16 Lisa Ann 1