The Beatles A-Z: Act Naturally

The Beatles A-Z: Act Naturally

There are 6 comments on the WORC-FM Worcester story from Mar 15, 2010, titled The Beatles A-Z: Act Naturally. In it, WORC-FM Worcester reports that:

While the Fab Four wrote some of the most memorable tunes in Rock n' Roll, they also did justice to a handful of songs by other artists.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WORC-FM Worcester.

Greg

Athens, Greece

#1 Mar 16, 2010
To be frank, this is not my favourite song sung by Ringo(it's A WAY better than Honey Don't however), but it's tolerant, I can have it sometime. It's not Ringo that I don't like too much, it's the song I guess; I am posting this to express my belief that the Beatles were unique in the way they had covered great R'N'R, C&W, etc, standards. This is something that identifies more their amazing artistic talent beyond their well known ones. They were good AND AT THAT! And to be just too I can mention some other groups that are good at this too, like the Stones, Byrds. I mean in the way the have covered other people's songs.
Allan

United States

#2 Mar 16, 2010
Great post Greg, they covered some really great songs and made them even better.
Ringo recorded Act Naturally twice, once with the Beatles in 1965 and again as a solo artist in 1989 with the late great Buck Owens.
Poppa Jivebones

Seattle, WA

#3 Mar 16, 2010
I'm not sure which song you are talking about.Don't pass me by wasn't a great song but the lyrics are sort of funny.Honey don't was Ringo's tribute to Carl Perkins and Everybodies trying to be my baby was George's Tribute to Carl.I never did like the song Honey pie on the white album.On the other hand the White album had some other killer songs by the fab four.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#4 Mar 16, 2010
Allan wrote:
Great post Greg, they covered some really great songs and made them even better.
Ringo recorded Act Naturally twice, once with the Beatles in 1965 and again as a solo artist in 1989 with the late great Buck Owens.
I know my friend, I know. And...Thank you so much.
Allan

United States

#5 Mar 16, 2010
George did some great guitar on Honey Don't, it makes the song for me.
They perfected a great song like Twist and Shout and made it even better.
Poppa Jivebones

Seattle, WA

#6 Mar 16, 2010
I guess you were talking about Act Naturally that was Ringo's try at doing a Buck Owen's country song.It went off well in their early shows sort of like What Goes on in your heart sort of Country but still done with The Beatles style.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buck Owens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Albums: Dwight Yoakum; Wale; The Very Best (May '15) May '15 Musikologist 5
News lost a number of notable citizens (Jan '10) Oct '14 screwedbyscottslotta 8
News Tom Petty Blasts Modern Country Music (Aug '13) Aug '13 The truth 1
News Vince Gill Records Duet Album, Eyes Next Solo a... (Feb '13) Apr '13 buck 2
News Bakersfield, Calif., at a glance (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sopranos Card Table 1
News Streets Of Bakersfield (Oct '12) Oct '12 BARRON PILGRIM 1
song by Daddy/Daughter Duo pays tribute to Gene... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Bruce 1
More from around the web