Springsteen rocks the house in Charlo...

Springsteen rocks the house in Charlottesville

There are 23 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from May 6, 2009, titled Springsteen rocks the house in Charlottesville. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band played the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville last night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Buford

Hampton, VA

#2 May 6, 2009
another overpaid and over-rated entertainer.
NUNYA

Moseley, VA

#3 May 6, 2009
I WAS THERE AND IT WAS AWESOME...DON'T HATE ON BRUCE...HE'S THE REAL DEAL

Since: Jun 08

Chicago, IL

#4 May 6, 2009
Buford wrote:
another overpaid and over-rated entertainer.
On the contrary, of all the concerts I've seen over the years, I have never seen a performer give more for your money. He's the best live performer I've ever seen, even now at age 59.
Downtown Hpt

Atlanta, GA

#5 May 6, 2009
Ever watch Van Morrison? The dude is 70 and he puts on a great show.
Walther

Virginia Beach, VA

#6 May 6, 2009
Bruce Springsteen rambled on - on stage about how America is no country to love. He hates America - all the while he's making money off of the stupid fans that enjoy his brand of "music". What a scum suck and you people pay to see and hear him hate on America.
Lisa

Newport News, VA

#7 May 6, 2009
Walther wrote:
Bruce Springsteen rambled on - on stage about how America is no country to love. He hates America - all the while he's making money off of the stupid fans that enjoy his brand of "music". What a scum suck and you people pay to see and hear him hate on America.
and where did you hear that? I was at the concert last night, I was at the concert in Richmond in August. I've seen Springsteen about 10 times and I've NEVER heard him say anything negative about his country. Don't come on here spewing trash that you know NOTHING about. Looks like jealousy has raised it's ugly head.

Since: Jun 08

Chicago, IL

#8 May 6, 2009
Walther wrote:
You talk about stuff you know nothing about, old timer.

Last night, the closest he came to discussing politics on stage was when he urged people to contribute to local food bank, as he always does. I guess you think that's a liberal pinko thing to do.

As for his career, I've seen him more than a dozen times, and I've read dozens of interviews with him, and I've never once heard him say that America is no country to love. He has on many occasions talked about areas where he feels his country needs to improve in order to live up to its own ideals. That is not hating your country, but a sign of love for it -- admiring the principles for which it stands and demanding that it live up to them.

Pull your head out of your butt, old man, and stop assuming that everything Rush Limbaugh tells you is the unbiased truth.
Rockfeat

AOL

#9 May 6, 2009
I was there last night too, fantastic show from a man who truly loves his country. If you think otherwise, you obviously don't know Bruce.
Denny The Demented

Gloucester, VA

#10 May 6, 2009
I wouldn't go see Bruce Springsteen if he was playing for free in my living room. What a nothing musician he is. Can't write a good song and he sure can't sing one. Mediocre guitar player at best. He tries to be another Bob Dylan and falls exceedingly short. He tries to be the voice of the working man and he doesn't know what he is talking about. He and Madonna are the most over-rated performers in the business.
Rockfeat

AOL

#11 May 6, 2009
Man, it takes a LOT of nerve to put Madonna and Bruce Srpingsteen in the sentence. Springsteen is one of the great talents of opur lifetime; an amzing performer, and a gifted writer. Madonna? An incredibly saavy business woman....I respect her for her success not her "musical talents". Bruce has it all.....I suggest that most of his negative critics have not listened to all his albums, nor have they seen him live. Otherwise they would realize how foolish they sound.
Be Real

Yorktown, VA

#12 May 6, 2009
Different tastes for different folks. That's fine. But just say that. You kill your argument with some of your comments. True, Bruce doesn't have the voice of an American Idol wannabe but there's more to him than that. It is a whole package. Bruce admires Dylan but doesn't claim to be him. Dylan is Dylan. I couldn't disagree more with your dismissal of Bruce as the voice of the working man. It may or not be by design, but the man writes what he knows. Check out "Factory", "Used Cars", or numerous others as examples
Denny The Demented wrote:
I wouldn't go see Bruce Springsteen if he was playing for free in my living room. What a nothing musician he is. Can't write a good song and he sure can't sing one. Mediocre guitar player at best. He tries to be another Bob Dylan and falls exceedingly short. He tries to be the voice of the working man and he doesn't know what he is talking about. He and Madonna are the most over-rated performers in the business.
Vince K

United States

#14 May 6, 2009
Wow! It's obvious the super negative comments are from people who have never witnessed a Boss show. NO WAY! The show last night was incredible! Great performance, super tight band, etc,
Plus great sound. JPJ arena is an awesome concert venue. Bottom line: The audience was on it's feet the whole time cheering and singing along to the most spirit lifting music in rock
the one

Virginia Beach, VA

#16 May 6, 2009
Bruce fan-- but he has done anything that interests me since Tunnel of Love.
the one

Virginia Beach, VA

#17 May 6, 2009
should be hasn't done anything since Tunnel of love.
Be Real

Yorktown, VA

#18 May 6, 2009
the one wrote:
should be hasn't done anything since Tunnel of love.
Funny, but that's one of my least favorites. Like I said earlier, it is all a matter of taste.
ygbsm

Jamaica, VA

#19 May 6, 2009
He sucks. Hasn't put out anything good in a few decades and is trying to boost his flagging career by pushing politics.
You suck, Bruce. Retire before you suck worse.
AMEN

Saluda, VA

#20 May 6, 2009
Adam Ksbn wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk about stuff you know nothing about, old timer.
Last night, the closest he came to discussing politics on stage was when he urged people to contribute to local food bank, as he always does. I guess you think that's a liberal pinko thing to do.
As for his career, I've seen him more than a dozen times, and I've read dozens of interviews with him, and I've never once heard him say that America is no country to love. He has on many occasions talked about areas where he feels his country needs to improve in order to live up to its own ideals. That is not hating your country, but a sign of love for it -- admiring the principles for which it stands and demanding that it live up to them.
Pull your head out of your butt, old man, and stop assuming that everything Rush Limbaugh tells you is the unbiased truth.
I agree completely...I was there...AWESOME SHOW!!! As the headline says....THE BOSS ROCKS!!!
drtick

United States

#21 May 6, 2009
AMEN wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely...I was there...AWESOME SHOW!!! As the headline says....THE BOSS ROCKS!!!
Ditto! My husband and I were there too and it was an incredible show (as always!). We have seen Bruce at least 10 times over the years and he just gets better. To all of you who hate Bruce: I am so glad you were not there wasting space at the concert!
Wilsons Way

Newport News, VA

#22 May 6, 2009
Walther wrote:
LOL. Let me guess...you're president of either the Anthrax or Twisted Sister fan club. Right?
Those sound like something that would be right down your "talent" alley.
Wilsons Way

Newport News, VA

#23 May 6, 2009
Denny The Demented wrote:
Your name is perfect. Another that might be more apt for you would be "Clyde the Clueless".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bruce Springsteen cancels North Carolina concer... (Apr '16) Dec '16 sgibbs 5
News Bryan Adams cancels Mississippi show over anti-... (Apr '16) May '16 L Craig s Hush Pu... 14
News As Izod Center prepares for last rock show, pro... (Mar '15) Mar '15 reeder 1
Bruce Springsteen TOTALLY SUCKS !! (Mar '08) Dec '14 john 198
News Jake Clemons releases new EP, 'Embracing Light' (Jan '14) Jan '14 Olaf of the Old D... 1
News Bruce Springsteen mixes up the set list for Tue... (Mar '13) Jul '13 Rodd 10
News Review: Bruce Springsteen woos Vancouver crowd (Nov '12) Nov '12 BSS 1
More from around the web