Billy Joel to play Shea farewell

Billy Joel to play Shea farewell

There are 9 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 7, 2008, titled Billy Joel to play Shea farewell. In it, Newsday reports that:

Billy Joel is set to be "The Last Play at Shea," the final concert at the historic stadium, on July 16.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

BILLY JOEL FAN

Bronx, NY

#1 Feb 7, 2008
YEAAAAA I'll be there
Championship

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

#2 Feb 7, 2008
Wow that shoud be amazing.
Ebenezer Scrooge

Passaic, NJ

#3 Feb 8, 2008
Billy Rocks! Shea stadium couldnt ave picked a better person to do its final concert. I sure hopeI can get a hold of some tickets.
Former Long Islander

Spartanburg, SC

#4 Feb 8, 2008
THIS is what makes NY great! And makes many of us "formers" long for the good old days.

Billy is THE MAN. I can just imagine the sights and sounds on these nights.

I remember Shea when Tom, Bud, Milner, and even George Theodore were "playing the field".. AWESOME.

Let's recap...NEW Yankee Stadium, NEW Shea Stadium..Same old crap for the same old crap Marlins...

Yup..know it well!
John

Dover, FL

#5 Feb 8, 2008
Former Long Islander wrote:
THIS is what makes NY great! And makes many of us "formers" long for the good old days.
Billy is THE MAN. I can just imagine the sights and sounds on these nights.
I remember Shea when Tom, Bud, Milner, and even George Theodore were "playing the field".. AWESOME.
Let's recap...NEW Yankee Stadium, NEW Shea Stadium..Same old crap for the same old crap Marlins...
Yup..know it well!
You remember only the good about New York but forget about all the bad about New York. If it was so good there why didn't you stay there? New York is a sewer and always will be.
Barrell Riider

Chestertown, MD

#6 Feb 8, 2008
Well, Shea certainly is a sewer and it's good riddance no matter who is closing that rat trap of a stadium out.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#7 Feb 8, 2008
Barrell Riider wrote:
Well, Shea certainly is a sewer and it's good riddance no matter who is closing that rat trap of a stadium out.
you live in maryland. you have no right to attack new york...shea is a great historical stadium..what does maryland have ????? really, what does maryland have?

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#8 Feb 8, 2008
John wrote:
<quoted text>
You remember only the good about New York but forget about all the bad about New York. If it was so good there why didn't you stay there? New York is a sewer and always will be.
florida is full of illegalls, that's something to be proud of.....retired old folks and oranges, lol....
Coffee Exposed

Miami, FL

#9 Feb 10, 2008
Billy Joel is a no talent schmaltz salesman whose adult contemporary muzak sludge appeals to the lowbrow element.perfect for Mets fans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bruce Springsteen cancels North Carolina concer... (Apr '16) Dec '16 sgibbs 5
News Bryan Adams cancels Mississippi show over anti-... (Apr '16) May '16 L Craig s Hush Pu... 14
News As Izod Center prepares for last rock show, pro... (Mar '15) Mar '15 reeder 1
Bruce Springsteen TOTALLY SUCKS !! (Mar '08) Dec '14 john 198
News Jake Clemons releases new EP, 'Embracing Light' (Jan '14) Jan '14 Olaf of the Old D... 1
News Bruce Springsteen mixes up the set list for Tue... (Mar '13) Jul '13 Rodd 10
News Review: Bruce Springsteen woos Vancouver crowd (Nov '12) Nov '12 BSS 1
More from around the web