'The Boss' To Rock Super Bowl Halftime

'The Boss' To Rock Super Bowl Halftime

There are 35 comments on the NBC 4 Washington, DC story from Sep 29, 2008, titled 'The Boss' To Rock Super Bowl Halftime. In it, NBC 4 Washington, DC reports that:

Take one Super Bowl, add a healthy dollop of "The Boss" and you get a recipe for another big-time halftime show for one of the biggest sports events in the country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 4 Washington, DC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Redskins Robbie

Tampa, FL

#1 Sep 29, 2008
I wonder, is it too early, to get a ticket to watch The REDSKINS at the Super Bowl on Feb 01, 2009?

Least I wont have to get an overpriced hotel room, or an overpriced car rental that week.
Talking Dogs

United States

#2 Sep 29, 2008
There's a wardrobe disfunction nobody wants to see.
I Speak Parsel Tongue

Souderton, PA

#3 Sep 29, 2008
Talk about scraping the bottom of the muscial talent barrel! "The Boss" is barely popular anymore. How about someone who actually has a Top 100 song in 2008 not 1988?!?!
bobby n

Gaithersburg, MD

#4 Sep 29, 2008
I Speak Parsel Tongue wrote:
Talk about scraping the bottom of the muscial talent barrel! "The Boss" is barely popular anymore. How about someone who actually has a Top 100 song in 2008 not 1988?!?!
So Right.Where do they keep finding these old time radio artist at. The superbowl is live and exciting. We want to hear something upbeat and current. I hope this isn't a final choice
Jill R

Silver Spring, MD

#5 Sep 29, 2008
Talking Dogs wrote:
There's a wardrobe disfunction nobody wants to see.
I for one would love to see any of the Boss' "wardrobe dysfunctions." Go Bruce!
I Speak Parsel Tongue

Souderton, PA

#6 Sep 29, 2008
bobby n wrote:
<quoted text>
So Right.Where do they keep finding these old time radio artist at. The superbowl is live and exciting. We want to hear something upbeat and current. I hope this isn't a final choice
Considering this major "sporting event" has turned into more of a big party, one would think that they would at least book entertainment along the lines of current pop culture. If you want to attract new youngers viewers then you need to headlines todays popular music not performers from an era where todays audience was still in diapers. Perhaps they can book Lawrence Welk for that matter!!
Bonnie

Sewell, NJ

#7 Sep 29, 2008
It's about time channel 10 caught up with this old news.
bobby n

Gaithersburg, MD

#8 Sep 29, 2008
<quoted text>
Considering this major "sporting event" has turned into more of a big party, one would think that they would at least book entertainment along the lines of current pop culture. If you want to attract new youngers viewers then you need to headlines todays popular music not performers from an era where todays audience was still in diapers. Perhaps they can book Lawrence Welk for that matter!!
LOL I wouldnt be suprised if they got clint eastwood to do a rousing speech at halftime lol

Since: Sep 07

Guthrie, OK

#9 Sep 29, 2008
Bonnie wrote:
It's about time channel 10 caught up with this old news.
Old news? Bob Costas and Cris Collinsworth were treating it like breaking news on SNF last night...
TC8trax

Green Cove Springs, FL

#10 Sep 29, 2008
Hate to rain on your parade to get more current acts in on the half-time show, but anything in the top 100 these days is truly pathetic in comparison to ANYTHING Springsteen has done.
Can U Imagine

Chicago, IL

#12 Sep 29, 2008
Ron wrote:
Hey, Bruce, keep your warped Liberal politics to yourself. STFU and sing, you C0mmie b@stard.
If it weren’t for the Libs who organize such things you never would have been invited to sing.
LOL, yeah and if his buddy Obama happens to be in the White House, they get good ole' Barrack to flip the first game play coin!
Talking Dogs

United States

#13 Sep 29, 2008
Ron wrote:
Hey, Bruce, keep your warped Liberal politics to yourself. STFU and sing, you C0mmie b@stard.
If it weren’t for the Libs who organize such things you never would have been invited to sing.
Yeah, shame on Bruce for supporting veteran's rights to healthcare and fair pay for blue-collar workers. What a degenerate s.o.b. WHAT???(rolling my eyes)
Jill R

Silver Spring, MD

#14 Sep 29, 2008
Ron wrote:
Even "Commie bastards" have a complete right to free speech.
HRC

Roselle, IL

#15 Sep 29, 2008
Hopefully we won't have to listen to Springsteen play anything during the SB halftime show. Couldn't they attract Britney Spears?
Lisa

Ambler, PA

#16 Sep 29, 2008
Something to look forward to with all of this mess in the world..
RealMusicFan

Greenfield, MA

#17 Sep 29, 2008
TC8trax wrote:
Hate to rain on your parade to get more current acts in on the half-time show, but anything in the top 100 these days is truly pathetic in comparison to ANYTHING Springsteen has done.
You're completely right. 90% of the music today is based on the songs of the 70s. This generation has no clue what REAL music is all about. There will never be a better live show than Bruce and the band.
Grow Up

Greenfield, MA

#18 Sep 29, 2008
"The Boss" will ALWAYS be popular among people who like REAL music with meaningful lyrics and truly talented instrumentals. Most of the "music" today is just booming bass that cancels out the meaningless words and synthesized "instruments."
The Shepherd

Greenfield, MA

#19 Sep 29, 2008
Jill R wrote:
<quoted text>
I for one would love to see any of the Boss' "wardrobe dysfunctions." Go Bruce!
You said it Jill! I'd enjoy a few "wardrobe dysfunctions" myself! Bruce is a true artist with an incredible butt!
bobby n

Gaithersburg, MD

#20 Sep 30, 2008
When the nfl sees that there half time ratings dip out of control they will realize that the boss is a bad choice..

what were they thinking????
Paula

Blue Bell, PA

#21 Sep 30, 2008
I heard he will be doing American Idol next.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As Izod Center prepares for last rock show, pro... Mar '15 reeder 1
Bruce Springsteen TOTALLY SUCKS !! (Mar '08) Dec '14 john 198
News Jake Clemons releases new EP, 'Embracing Light' (Jan '14) Jan '14 Olaf of the Old D... 1
News Bruce Springsteen mixes up the set list for Tue... (Mar '13) Jul '13 Rodd 10
News Review: Bruce Springsteen woos Vancouver crowd (Nov '12) Nov '12 BSS 1
News Bruce Springsteen Supports Blue Ridge Area Food... (Oct '12) Oct '12 thinking free 12
News The411 with Sherlene Shanklin: The "Boss" is co... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Riley 2
More from around the web