"Phantom" Danny Federici, DIED LAST NIGHT, he will be missed

Posted in the Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band Forum

“It's never too late!”

Since: Mar 08

Clinton township

#1 Apr 18, 2008
58 years old and the best damn keyboardist ever.Danny battled with melanoma for the last three years, his last performance was March 20th In Indianapolis, doing an awesome solo on the accordian during "Sandy", along with an uprising organ solo which highlighted Springsteens first #1 hit "Hungry Heart".
Barely a month later and he is gone.Danny and Bruce were friends for more than 40 years, Bruce claimed "I have lost a brother" Those of us familiar with his new album "magic" know that the bonus track # 12 was probably a tribute, The last goodbye so to speak to a very accomplished man whose life ended so quickly. Though Through it all, Danny still got up on stage for us over and over for the tour that started last year.
I got the priveledge to see him perform one Last time on 5th November, at the Palace. Good Bye Danny, thank you for all the joy you have brought to everyone over the last 40 years, Our prayers go out to your family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bruce Springsteen TOTALLY SUCKS !! (Mar '08) Dec 6 john 198
Jake Clemons releases new EP, 'Embracing Light' (Jan '14) Jan '14 Olaf of the Old D... 1
Bruce Springsteen mixes up the set list for Tue... (Mar '13) Jul '13 Rodd 10
Review: Bruce Springsteen woos Vancouver crowd (Nov '12) Nov '12 BSS 1
Bruce Springsteen Supports Blue Ridge Area Food... (Oct '12) Oct '12 thinking free 12
The411 with Sherlene Shanklin: The "Boss" is co... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Riley 2
Paul McCartney plays two songs with Bruce Sprin... (Jul '12) Aug '12 nasuS 7
More from around the web