Bruce Springsteen shows everybody why...

Bruce Springsteen shows everybody why he's still the Boss

There are 36 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 24, 2008, titled Bruce Springsteen shows everybody why he's still the Boss. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A time to dance, a time to mourn. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band covered a lot of territory in a rousing, rowdy, emotionally charged rock 'n' roll marathon Wednesday night at Amway Arena .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Annie

Daytona Beach, FL

#36 Apr 24, 2008
I was at the concert last night, and there was definately something wrong with him. It almost looked like he was very physically ill. Hopefully he is ok, OR, he just doesn't give a damn anymore....
Proud American

Austin, TX

#37 Apr 24, 2008
I was dragged to the concert by a man who can rest assured I will never date again. I hated the concert, and after last night, I hate Bruce Springsteen personally.

George W. Bush is a great president and a great American. Springsteen is an elitist hypocrite. I know I speak for the god-fearing, right-wing, proud Centeral Republicans (who vastly outnumber the commie democrat liberals) when I say that Springsteen should NEVER be allowed to play in Orlando again.

I'm all for free speech, but sermons from commie hippie entertainers should be PROHIBITED and punishable by IMPRISONMENT when they criticize our great Republican government, and support a communist regime (such as that which would be installed by OBAMA, HILARY and the DEMOCRATIC PARTY).

Springsteen is an avowed DEMOCRAT. He is supporting an ISLAMIC , AMERICA-HATING ZEALOT of African heritage for President.

Come on, Orlando, JOIN ME IN STARTING A PETITION TO MAKE SURE THAT SPRINGSTEEN AND HIS RADICAL-SUPPORTING POLITICS ARE NEVER ALLOWED TO STEP FOOT IN OUR FINE CONSERVATIVE CITY AGAIN !!!
Huh

Deland, FL

#39 Apr 24, 2008
What is he exactly the boss of?
Kermit the Frog

Oviedo, FL

#40 Apr 24, 2008
I'm very sorry but I've had no use at all for Messr. Springsteen ['stein'] since his political rants and raves supplanted his music. I put him now into the same boat with the other left wing loons that feel like everytime they see a microphone they have to let loose with a vicious jab at our President or our country or some other angry, outpouring of their depressed, aging minds, Bruce, please, just "Shut up and sing?" We've enough of Barbara Streisand wingnuts without you making an A-5-5 of yourself.
Kermit the Frog

Oviedo, FL

#41 Apr 24, 2008
Annie wrote:
I have seen Bruce perform more than 10 times since the 70's. Last night's show at the half filled Amway was pathetic. The set list was boring, at one point all the people on the floor were just standing there.. There was hardly any interaction between the band members, when there was it seemed "forced", in fact, does any one know what's wrong with Clerence? He maybe jumped in to play about 5 or 6 times, then would go back and sit on his chair, or, hit some tamborines together.... Not to mention the blinding lights in your eyes, that weren't in sync with the music. I wish I had stayed home like most of the other people last night, and saved myself the outrageous ticket price. Bruce is done, do yourselves a favor and hold on to your money.
The arena is half filled because Mr. Springsteen ['Stein'] decided to piss off half the population who consider themselves to be conservative in their political viewpoints and wouldn't walk across the street to a free concert by this political wonk who supports far left wing loons like Obama. I sure as Hell hope there is someone out there we can elect for President whose great call to fame isn't just the amount of melanin under their skin or the fact they have ovaries.

You want to ruin a good career, look at the Dixie Chicks for a great example. Bruce seems to be headed down that alleyway. Great move Bruce, alienate half the population with your big mouth.
Ruddy from Detriot

Chicago, IL

#42 Apr 24, 2008
forget about bruce springstien...he aint all that. I want to get back to that biaach that her husband lost her rings and she was dissen him all the way home. Man she lucky she aint married to me cause i would change her ways if you no what I mean. Man she just aint right. She pushing my buttons.
hoyt from philly

Philadelphia, PA

#43 Apr 24, 2008
bruce is the greatest showman in the history of rock and roll. his albums are timeless and he is a fantastic singer songwriter. are you southerners that stupid. i guess so
Scrapiron

Lakeland, FL

#44 Apr 24, 2008
Bobby wrote:
Oh that's right, you think the garbage you see on American Idol is real music. Go find your Clay Aiken cd and shove it up your @ss..
Hey PUNK..........I wouldn't waste electricity on American Idol or any of the crap that YOU probably watch. You act like Springsteen is the top of the heap. He is.........on the heap of S++T but there are a whole bunch of acts that put him to shame. Ozzy, Metallica, McCartney, Police, the original Skynyrd etc, etc. But then, you wouldn't appreciate that music because it might require some thought huh, Greaseball. You're stuck in a deepening rut.
Scrapiron

Lakeland, FL

#45 Apr 24, 2008
hoyt from philly wrote:
bruce is the greatest showman in the history of rock and roll. his albums are timeless and he is a fantastic singer songwriter. are you southerners that stupid. i guess so
You being from Philly, the birthplace of mental retardation, I can understand you feeling that way.
Scrapiron

Lakeland, FL

#46 Apr 24, 2008
Many of Us Not wrote:
Many of us? Idiots should not post for anyone but themself. You certainly are one as you oblviously do not represent "many". Bruce is simply a class act and has given the so much thoughtful music to the world.
<quoted text>
When I said "Many of us" I was specifically refering to the posters who have good taste in music and who are reasonably intelligent. You obviously don't fit into either of those categories as exemplified by your spelling of OBVIOUSLY. You wrote OBLVIOUSLY. Ha! I laugh in your face. Bet you can't even read the numbers on your trailer's licence plate.
Facts

Redmond, WA

#47 Apr 24, 2008
You can go to several local clubs in any major southern city and see way better singers than Springsteen.
That's why he never draws a crowd in the south.
Bob

United States

#48 Apr 25, 2008
Southerners are stupid. We see it every day here in Orlando. But they hold their stupidity up like a trophy. Just look at these comments. LOL
And "Proud American," it sounds to me like you are going to die unmarried unless you wise up and worry more about being a good person instead of being a good republican.
Joe LaBelle

Worcester, MA

#49 Apr 25, 2008
Right On!!!!! Jim Abbot. That was on kick ass show. Funny how time flies. The last time I saw the Boss and The E Street band was waaaayyyyyy back in 1979 during "Darkness on the Edge of Town" tour in Boston's Music Hall. 29 years pass and they still have the energy that drove them back then. Here it is 3 days later and I'm still hoarse from singing along and cheering . The Boss is still in control and well seasoned. What blew me away was how he accommodated the fan with the Jungle Land rendition. That was real showmanship! That was one night I won't ever forget.
DelanyDecolleur

Austin, TX

#50 Apr 25, 2008
A friend of mine hates him. Says he screams his songs...I just thought that is his style. He is okay, a memorable man I would think.
Joe LaBelle

Worcester, MA

#51 Apr 25, 2008
Annie wrote:
I have seen Bruce perform more than 10 times since the 70's. Last night's show at the half filled Amway was pathetic. The set list was boring, at one point all the people on the floor were just standing there.. There was hardly any interaction between the band members, when there was it seemed "forced", in fact, does any one know what's wrong with Clerence? He maybe jumped in to play about 5 or 6 times, then would go back and sit on his chair, or, hit some tamborines together.... Not to mention the blinding lights in your eyes, that weren't in sync with the music. I wish I had stayed home like most of the other people last night, and saved myself the outrageous ticket price. Bruce is done, do yourselves a favor and hold on to your money.
Some fan you are!! Mr. Clemmoms is suffering from some old knee injuries from when he played Pro Football. For him to even be there is him showing his dedication to Bruce and the Band. Let see you perform you job while in pain.
Plain Truth

Redmond, WA

#52 Apr 26, 2008
Springsteen is a washed up never-was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bruce Springsteen cancels North Carolina concer... (Apr '16) Dec '16 sgibbs 5
News Bryan Adams cancels Mississippi show over anti-... (Apr '16) May '16 L Craig s Hush Pu... 14
News As Izod Center prepares for last rock show, pro... (Mar '15) Mar '15 reeder 1
Bruce Springsteen TOTALLY SUCKS !! (Mar '08) Dec '14 john 198
News Jake Clemons releases new EP, 'Embracing Light' (Jan '14) Jan '14 Olaf of the Old D... 1
News Bruce Springsteen mixes up the set list for Tue... (Mar '13) Jul '13 Rodd 10
News Review: Bruce Springsteen woos Vancouver crowd (Nov '12) Nov '12 BSS 1
More from around the web