Bruce Springsteen shows everybody why...

Bruce Springsteen shows everybody why he's still the Boss

There are 36 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 24, 2008, titled Bruce Springsteen shows everybody why he's still the Boss. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A time to dance, a time to mourn. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band covered a lot of territory in a rousing, rowdy, emotionally charged rock 'n' roll marathon Wednesday night at Amway Arena .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Scrapiron

Lakeland, FL

#1 Apr 24, 2008
Boss of what? Remember Abbott, this is just YOUR opinion. Many of us correctly believe Springsteen is WORTHLESS!
Bobby

Orlando, FL

#2 Apr 24, 2008
Oh that's right, you think the garbage you see on American Idol is real music. Go find your Clay Aiken cd and shove it up your @ss..
KBee

United States

#4 Apr 24, 2008
The show was incredible! Bruce's energy was unstoppable. His voice and showmanship has not changed in 30 years. A true musician who is dedicated to giving his dedicated fans what they deserve, almost 3 hrs. of non stop quality music w/no breaks or warm ups.
Maxfield

Plymouth, MN

#5 Apr 24, 2008
WDBO said the concert was poorly attended. Alot of people object to his political views. His time and value as a relevant performer has passed.
KMRROCK DeBary-- FL

Tavares, FL

#6 Apr 24, 2008
The Boss has been bringing it for over 30 years.
It's not just that he played for nearly 3 hours, he and the E Street band bring all they got every time they hit the stage. Bruce may be the best front man combo of singer/writer/performer that rock has ever seen.
Last night's show was great--many standing nearly the whole time. For me, "the River" was what I enjoyed most; but the 2 songs with Roger M. from the Byrd's was a special treat as well.
florida native

San Antonio, TX

#7 Apr 24, 2008
who cares, back to Jersey, yankee
flgregfl

United States

#8 Apr 24, 2008
saw him tuesday in tampa. all those that dislike him have never seen him live and see the passion he brings to the music and fans.
Jax

Kissimmee, FL

#12 Apr 24, 2008
Music Lover wrote:
I am 19 and I went to see the Springsteam concert with my dad. It was Ok I guess but he needs to take lessons from a REAL singer like Miley Cyrus. At least the boys in Miley's band wear clean new shirts. And Mr. Springsteam couldnt even remember the words to one of his songs. Miley know the words to ALL her songs and she dont cuss neither. And one more thing Mr. Springsteam - Miley and her Daddy LOVE our president and our country. They and I dont care nothin about your stupid politics speeches. Im voting for the first time this year, and me and my dad aint votin for your buddy Obama.
19? More like 9.
BigFan

Atlanta, GA

#13 Apr 24, 2008
Wow. wow. wow. wow.
I was in the Pit for both Orlando and Tampa shows. Tampa I was immediately to Bruce's left, leaning on the stage. It was incredible to see the raw emotion and nonstop power. Last night was just as fantastic and charged. I'm exhausted from observing it night after night...I can't imagine what it's like to deliver night after night after night after night...
We miss you Danny.
Many of Us Not

Pompano Beach, FL

#16 Apr 24, 2008
Many of us? Idiots should not post for anyone but themself. You certainly are one as you oblviously do not represent "many". Bruce is simply a class act and has given the so much thoughtful music to the world.

Scrapiron wrote:
Boss of what? Remember Abbott, this is just YOUR opinion. Many of us correctly believe Springsteen is WORTHLESS!
Bruce

Altamonte Springs, FL

#19 Apr 24, 2008
I'm Bruce Springsteen and I'm getting a kick out'a these replies.

/goes to singing lessons

Since: Mar 08

Tallahassee, FL

#23 Apr 24, 2008
GOOD FOR YOU MUSIC LOVER!!! I saw BS many years ago. I like his music, he's good performer, but he needs to shut up and sing.

Last night I saw Elton John here in Tallahassee. Not ONE word on politics and the crowd loved him!!! You could tell that he really appreciated how the crowd reacted. Elton may not see eye to eye with me politically but I like his music. He knew that they shouldn't have anything to do with each other. BS can't seem to tell that people don't want to pay to hear a political diatribe.
Rob Lowson

Saint-jérôme, Canada

#24 Apr 24, 2008
Fans of Bruce Springsteen are not only devoted but articulate about why they worship the Boss. The new book 'For You: Original Stories & Photographs by Bruce Springsteen's Legendary Fans' is the work of disciples from Boise to Barcelona. The mayor of Delray Beach, Fla., says it best:'Bruce fans are a fraternity - we share something deep and special, a relationship with the artist and with each other.'
Guppies

Orlando, FL

#26 Apr 24, 2008
Music Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
NO IM not kidding and stop putting me down because I have opionions too. Mileys concert was PROFESSIONAL with handsome good dancers and Springsteams guys were old and ugly. And he forgets words to songs and sweats a lot And I dont like old guys telling me I should voet for freaky ugly democrats. Springteam, youre rich so YOU give your money and food to hippies at food bank, not me im not going to do it.
If you're truly 19, you are the perfect example of what people reference when they complain that our education system doesn't work. Your level of literacy is astoundingly low.
tracy fron nj and jax

AOL

#27 Apr 24, 2008
i felt clarence was off last night and that he missed many notes on jungle land. was it just me? please don't write me any hate mail i have been a fan since the early days of looking for bruce up and down the jersey shore in the early '7o's..........
simple

Tavares, FL

#29 Apr 24, 2008
Boss of what??? E street band I guess.

Tallahassee, FL

#30 Apr 24, 2008
LOL!!! Actually BS is from New Jersey, but it is pretty much the same thing!!!
Annie

Daytona Beach, FL

#33 Apr 24, 2008
I have seen Bruce perform more than 10 times since the 70's. Last night's show at the half filled Amway was pathetic. The set list was boring, at one point all the people on the floor were just standing there.. There was hardly any interaction between the band members, when there was it seemed "forced", in fact, does any one know what's wrong with Clerence? He maybe jumped in to play about 5 or 6 times, then would go back and sit on his chair, or, hit some tamborines together.... Not to mention the blinding lights in your eyes, that weren't in sync with the music. I wish I had stayed home like most of the other people last night, and saved myself the outrageous ticket price. Bruce is done, do yourselves a favor and hold on to your money.
Annie

Daytona Beach, FL

#34 Apr 24, 2008
P.S. to music lover. The woman in playing guitar last night was NOT Patti Scialfa. Your Dad is wrong.

Also, shouldn't you be in school or something? You sound like you're about 10.

“I aim to misbehave”

Boston Mass

#35 Apr 24, 2008
tracy fron nj and jax wrote:
i felt clarence was off last night and that he missed many notes on jungle land. was it just me? please don't write me any hate mail i have been a fan since the early days of looking for bruce up and down the jersey shore in the early '7o's..........
I wasn't there, but it's possible that he just plain forgot. I went to see Brian May (guitarist from Queen) play a small club show, and he forgot the words to "Tie Your Mother Down"--which I should point out is a song that he wrote. But you figure after all the shows and all the songs that these veterans know, they're bound to make a couple of mistakes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bruce Springsteen cancels North Carolina concer... May '16 Amess 4
News Bryan Adams cancels Mississippi show over anti-... May '16 L Craig s Hush Pu... 14
News As Izod Center prepares for last rock show, pro... (Mar '15) Mar '15 reeder 1
Bruce Springsteen TOTALLY SUCKS !! (Mar '08) Dec '14 john 198
News Jake Clemons releases new EP, 'Embracing Light' (Jan '14) Jan '14 Olaf of the Old D... 1
News Bruce Springsteen mixes up the set list for Tue... (Mar '13) Jul '13 Rodd 10
News Review: Bruce Springsteen woos Vancouver crowd (Nov '12) Nov '12 BSS 1
More from around the web