Springsteen coming to Indy in March

Springsteen coming to Indy in March

There are 70 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 20, 2007, titled Springsteen coming to Indy in March. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's first full scale tour of the US and Europe since 2002-03 will stops at Conseco Fieldhouse, in Indianapolis, on Thursday, March 20, 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
special ed

Cincinnati, OH

#65 Nov 20, 2007
Nope, not getting tired of music that still rocks! Lawrence Welk ain't for me. Have at it!
Indiana Bruce Fan

United States

#66 Nov 20, 2007
Wow. This board confirms a lot of my worst fears about this city. A lot of narrow minded idiots spewing "facts" and half truths. A lot of you are the reasons the educated and skilled are moving to places like AZ & CA for work. Working as corporate recruiter in the engineering field I know this for a fact. A performer speaking his opinion of the current state of the nation's politics is un-American?? Thanks for the lesson.

I guess Gleaners Food Bank will decline Bruce's check and his offer to let them staff the venue for donations and his request from the stage to do so. Man, this country would be such a much worse place if more people were like Mr Springsteen!

"Never let the facts get in the way of your opinion." PS Keep listening to Q95 and all the great new relevant music they play year after year. Your making IN such a great and progressive state!

Now get back to your trailer and listen to Bob & Tom show & Rush Limbaugh you open minded Hoosiers!
Zesty

Brookfield, WI

#67 Nov 20, 2007
Is this the AARP farewell tour?
Bill Belecheat

United States

#68 Nov 20, 2007
RickyBobby wrote:
Isn't he dead yet? Send us some good country music, none of that east coast crap.
You're c r a p
northsider

Indianapolis, IN

#69 Nov 20, 2007
THELORDYOURGOD wrote:
SIMIANS! YOU CAN'T EVEN RECOGNIZE WHEN I PUT FORTH A MUSICAL GENIUS. I SUPPOSE PRINCE IS "WASHED UP" TOO? I WAS GOING TO DEAFEN YOU ALL FOR YOUR IGNORANT DISSENTION ...BUT AFTER MUCH CONSIDERATION, THE LORD YOUR GOD WILL LET YOU SMELLY HAIRLESS APES CONTINUE TO BE CRAZY. BECAUSE IT'S FUN TO WATCH.
I love this poster!
undisputed truth

Cincinnati, OH

#71 Nov 21, 2007
Chris46227 wrote:
....an artist can be for whatever they are for, more people should get political and speak their mind.
Just don't insult my intelligence by trying to use his stage to try to ram his whacko views down my throat. His ideas, like his music, are hasbeen.

“Just sorting it out.”

Since: Mar 07

Indianapolis

#72 Nov 21, 2007
Stewie Griffin wrote:
He is still bashing America no matter what. The "music" is nothing but a typical Democrat tag line: complain, blame and offer no solutions. He has spent his career slamming New Jersey yet everyone there blindly throws their fists into the air "THE BOSS RULES!!!"
"Rock stars. Is there anything they don't know?" - Homer J Simpson
So when musicians (or anyone, really) criticizes politicians and/or their failed policies, that's bashing America?

Get over yourself.

“Just sorting it out.”

Indianapolis

#73 Nov 21, 2007
undisputed truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Just don't insult my intelligence by trying to use his stage to try to ram his whacko views down my throat. His ideas, like his music, are hasbeen.
Whacko views? Such as...?

It's funny when people dismiss an artist who has opposing views as a "has been." I guess they all can't be as cutting-edge as Lee Greenwood and Charlie Daniels.

“Just sorting it out.”

Indianapolis

#76 Nov 21, 2007
Stewie Griffin wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not talking about Bush only. Mellencamp, Springsteen and their ilk seem to bash anything and everything no matter who's running the show. It gets old. It seems that no President is allowed to defend America with force because we should be running around with candles, crying for peace and singing Dylan songs.
Yeah, and I'm sure you feel the same exact way about conservative talk-radio hosts who bash on all things Clinton, right?

It is what it is. If you don't like the song, change the channel.

Besides, there's a nasty scourge out there where people turn off simply over a difference of opinion. I may be a liberal-minded guy, but it doesn't mean I don't find Dennis Miller funny. It doesn't mean I don't like Drew Carey.

There's way too much polarity going on and it's not helping anything.

As to the point about Springsteen: people out here seem to think he's just now unleashed his liberal views. Guess again. He's always been a liberal guy and it's in his music.

People need to get a grip.

Since: Oct 07

Bloomington, IN

#77 Nov 21, 2007
Man of Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close, by a long shot. U2 and the Stones are way, way ahead.
Highest grossing per date in 07. Can you read. Stones tour started in '05.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bruce Springsteen cancels North Carolina concer... May '16 Amess 4
News Bryan Adams cancels Mississippi show over anti-... May '16 L Craig s Hush Pu... 14
News As Izod Center prepares for last rock show, pro... (Mar '15) Mar '15 reeder 1
Bruce Springsteen TOTALLY SUCKS !! (Mar '08) Dec '14 john 198
News Jake Clemons releases new EP, 'Embracing Light' (Jan '14) Jan '14 Olaf of the Old D... 1
News Bruce Springsteen mixes up the set list for Tue... (Mar '13) Jul '13 Rodd 10
News Review: Bruce Springsteen woos Vancouver crowd (Nov '12) Nov '12 BSS 1
More from around the web