Springsteen coming to Indy in March

Springsteen coming to Indy in March

There are 70 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 20, 2007, titled Springsteen coming to Indy in March. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's first full scale tour of the US and Europe since 2002-03 will stops at Conseco Fieldhouse, in Indianapolis, on Thursday, March 20, 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
ear plugs

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Nov 20, 2007
I saw them when CF first opened. Worst sounding concert EVER. You may as well put a loudspeaker in a trashcan and turn the volume all the way to 11. Do the concert promoters not understand what a horrible venue the Fieldhouse is for a concert?

I'll save my money...thanks
Noname

Louisville, KY

#2 Nov 20, 2007
Is he still around? Too many singers just don't know when to hang it up. He should take his own advice and forget about his glory days.
Remove the plugs

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Nov 20, 2007
ear plugs wrote:
I saw them when CF first opened. Worst sounding concert EVER. You may as well put a loudspeaker in a trashcan and turn the volume all the way to 11. Do the concert promoters not understand what a horrible venue the Fieldhouse is for a concert?
Yo, plugs, that was the first concert in CF. The sound issues were long ago addressed and corrected. I've been to many concerts there since when the sound was excellent.
JDJ

Marion, IN

#5 Nov 20, 2007
As you said "when it first opened" - maybe they've figured it out since then. I'm sure it will sell out w/ or w/out you.
ear plugs wrote:
wes

Floyds Knobs, IN

#7 Nov 20, 2007
too much money

these greedy greedy rockstars
i wish they would come down a notch
Bruce Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Nov 20, 2007
Sound in Conseco has improved tremendously. Saw them 1st concert there and have to agree, it was terrible. Saw them in 2002 and it was the best concert I've been to. Give it a try.
Chris46227

Lebanon, IN

#9 Nov 20, 2007
At least Springsteen still rocks. The Stones can't get it up, much less start it up. But man, were they good back in the day. Anyway, the E-Street band still brings it. And why does everybody get up in arms about left-wing artists who speak their mind? I don't see anybody telling Fred Thompson to shut-up and act. What about Ronald Reagan, maybe he should have just stayed an actor and sports announcer. Either get it straight or shut-up, an artist can be for whatever they are for, more people should get political and speak their mind.
estreet66

Bridgeport, WV

#10 Nov 20, 2007
Believe me,$91 is a bargain...I saw Springsteen earlier this month and it was worth that and then some. He may be 58, but he isn't washed up. Why should he hang it up?? The new album is awesome.

It's not an insignificant amount of money, and if you don't want to go, that's fine. But I guarantee those that do won't be complaining about the ticket price when they leave the Fieldhouse that night. I'm taking my 10-year-old son.
RickyBobby

New Albany, IN

#11 Nov 20, 2007
Isn't he dead yet? Send us some good country music, none of that east coast crap.
What A Shame

Charlotte, NC

#12 Nov 20, 2007
Noname wrote:
Is he still around? Too many singers just don't know when to hang it up. He should take his own advice and forget about his glory days.
Hey sourpuss, get a life. Just because you don't appreciate his concerts or his music, that's your loss. Only a truly ignorant non-fan would make such a ridiculous comment about such a performer. Go back to your Lawrence Welk LPs and your Wayne Newton muzak. Those of us who appreciate good music and dynamic concerts (I've seen Springsteen a dozen times in the past two dozen years) know what is worthwhile.
NIMBY lover

United States

#13 Nov 20, 2007
If you are not a Bruce fan, don't buy a ticket-----better seats for me!
What A Shame

Charlotte, NC

#14 Nov 20, 2007
wes wrote:
too much money
these greedy greedy rockstars
i wish they would come down a notch
I thought the other sourpuss was the end of the grouches on this site, but then I read YOUR scree. For one thing, IF you had any sense, you would know that there are no "greedy rockstars", and they don't set ticket prices. An artist agrees to perform for a certain fee, which has to cover the cost of their band (and Springsteen has the modern equivalent of a big band on-stage), PLUS their technicians, PLUS their tour drivers, plus the rental of any equipment, plus anyone traveling with them --- and rock legends such as Springsteen are happily married with children, and usually bring them along. THAT is what the performer has to cover in tour expenses, from their fees. Now, for the prices, the promoters have to cover the artist's expenses PLUS promotion PLUS insurance for the event PLUS facility rental. Then, they look at the likely number of tickets to be sold, divide that into the total event expenses, and arrive at ticket prices. SO...do you think you can get your brain cells around this now? Why anyone would be so cocky about speaking hatefully about entertainers, it must be greed and envy on YOUR part, plus maybe brain disease. Take your meds and let people enjoy themselves. I don't see you criticizing sports teams or athletes who make LOTS more than rock stars, without having to incur all the overhead costs of taking a small business on the road with them night after night. Get a life and learn how to be less envious and less hateful.

“Vote or Shut it!”

Since: Oct 07

Sasparilla

#15 Nov 20, 2007
Chris46227 wrote:
At least Springsteen still rocks. The Stones can't get it up, much less start it up. But man, were they good back in the day. Anyway, the E-Street band still brings it. And why does everybody get up in arms about left-wing artists who speak their mind? I don't see anybody telling Fred Thompson to shut-up and act. What about Ronald Reagan, maybe he should have just stayed an actor and sports announcer. Either get it straight or shut-up, an artist can be for whatever they are for, more people should get political and speak their mind.
You are absolutely right. An artist or any other American can say what ever they want to at anytime. But so can I. And appearantly the washed up leftwing NeoDem rock stars are just not too popular anymore. So we talk about it. Don't like it? Hmmm...wasn't it you that were saying freedom of speach is alive and well in the USA?
IU grad

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Nov 20, 2007
Do some of you ever get out of the house.
Springsteen is a tremendous performer and well worth the ticket price.
The people who complain about ticket prices are the ones who will spend $300 to go to a NASCAR race, another $100 for the Dale Earnhardt memorial cigarette lighter, and another $50 for the Bob and Tom CD with that really funny song from Heywood Banks.
no thanks

AOL

#17 Nov 20, 2007
great, another political statement about how bad America is....why dont you go play to your hollywood friends and leave us alone?
What A Shame

Charlotte, NC

#18 Nov 20, 2007
Grumpy Old Fart wrote:
Springsteen is about as old as the Stones and so far left winged Neo Nazi he should have been "Born in the USSR!" Your washed up dude. No thanks.
I don't let artist politics interfere with my enjoyment of their shows. It USED to bother me, but most of the people whose music I enjoy (Springsteen, Peter Gabriel, Roger Waters, David Bowie, Morrissey, The Sisters of Mercy to name a few) use their concerts in this era to make some left-wing comments. But, I personally no longer allow that to ruin the show. They have their right to talk, and I have my right to think they're 180-degrees from being correct. I listen to their songs, which are generally non-leftist, and think of past times enjoying those songs over the past 10, 20 or 30 years --- and those memories aren't clouded by current left-wing views by these performers. Now, on the other hand, when the Boss was on his anti-Right/Pro-Left tour in '04, I was very disheartened, because the sole focus was to promote his political views. This time around, he's just rocking out to promote the current CD and bring out some old chestnuts. He's not touring to promote an agenda. So, my advice is to ignore the past activism and just go there to relive great rock memories and experience a great rock experience.
Mrs Sippee

Carmel, IN

#19 Nov 20, 2007
Grumpy Old Fart wrote:
Springsteen is about as old as the Stones and so far left winged Neo Nazi he should have been "Born in the USSR!" Your washed up dude. No thanks.
My. My. Who urinated in your Wheaties this morning?
citizen x

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Nov 20, 2007
Noname wrote:
Totally agreed.

Since: Oct 07

Bloomington, IN

#21 Nov 20, 2007
Corbin Leape wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right. An artist or any other American can say what ever they want to at anytime. But so can I. And appearantly the washed up leftwing NeoDem rock stars are just not too popular anymore. So we talk about it. Don't like it? Hmmm...wasn't it you that were saying freedom of speach is alive and well in the USA?
Hey idiot, Springsteens latest CD Magic was number 1 in the US for over 2 weeks fell to number 2 and then returned to number 1 again. His 8th number 1 in the US. The E Street '07 tour looks like it will be the highest grossing tour per date in history. So much for not being popular anymore. Live in denial much?
The BOSS

Duncan, OK

#22 Nov 20, 2007
Why are Hoosiers so dumb? Bruce is the greatest; have some respect!

Why don't you admit you aren't SMART enough to appreciate THE BOSS, and shut up and smoke yourselves to death?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bruce Springsteen cancels North Carolina concer... May '16 Amess 4
News Bryan Adams cancels Mississippi show over anti-... May '16 L Craig s Hush Pu... 14
News As Izod Center prepares for last rock show, pro... (Mar '15) Mar '15 reeder 1
Bruce Springsteen TOTALLY SUCKS !! (Mar '08) Dec '14 john 198
News Jake Clemons releases new EP, 'Embracing Light' (Jan '14) Jan '14 Olaf of the Old D... 1
News Bruce Springsteen mixes up the set list for Tue... (Mar '13) Jul '13 Rodd 10
News Review: Bruce Springsteen woos Vancouver crowd (Nov '12) Nov '12 BSS 1
More from around the web