brooks and dunn's song "god must be b...

brooks and dunn's song "god must be busy" what does everyone think?

Posted in the Brooks & Dunn Forum

izak

United States

#1 Jan 16, 2008
What do you get from the song? i hate it and i am disappointed that it is getting airplay.
Tammy

Thomasville, NC

#2 Jan 17, 2008
It's a very thought provoking song about what's going on in the world today. To me the song is saying that God has a plan for everyone. We may not understand at the time, but everything happens for a reason. It's also saying that God hears all our prayers, therefore He must be busy. I like this song, but I wish they hadn't released it as a single. There has been too much misinterpretation of the lyrics. It's a song that you really have to listen too all the words to get it. Of course, Ronnie Dunn puts his heart and soul into singing this song.
Connie Cincinnati Ohio

Springfield, OH

#3 Jan 22, 2008
This has to be one of the most misunderstood songs. The song is not saying God is to busy,It says God Must Be Busy, And with all that is going on in this world today. Don't you think God is very busy, The song even says Prayers work you know. and That God hears everything, You need to go back and listen to this song again
Hope

Plano, TX

#4 Feb 11, 2008
My friend told me about this song so I went out to read the lyrics. I read it 3 times and must say how disappointed I was. I am not much into country music but I had respect for Brookes & Dunn. This song does not give enough clarification for the people who are walking a fine line to give their life to Christ. These words speak negativities and then say God must be busy. It says his girlfriend left, he prayed but she did not come back so God must be busy which sounds more like God is too busy to hear every prayer. Worst of all because he did not get his way, God was too busy. Wow, I really wish they would have prayed over this song more before putting it out. I think they could have made some good points but this gives more credit to the wickedness of the world than it does to the power of God. Remember just because we are in the last days as recorded thousands of years ago in the Bible, it does not mean God is any less loving or ever present in our lives. Disappointed guys, really really am.
Sandy

United States

#5 Feb 19, 2008
Hope, if you had really read the lyrics of this song, you would have seen that it says "I know He's heard my prayers, cause He hears everything". They are in NO WAY saying that He's TOO busy. There's nothing there that says that. I feel it just says he must get busy with all the prayers that people are always saying, whether it's for a personal reason or for someone else, like for the little girl in the song who was taken.
Mando

Miami, FL

#6 Mar 25, 2008
Maybe they thought they had the right intentions in the song. I read the lyrics 3 times and doubt Brooks and Dunn would record anything negative like that. The thought in writing should have been applied with more care. Just to put this out there...We should always have faith in God and pray, but WE also have the ability to change things.
Jeannie Logan

Itta Bena, MS

#7 Apr 9, 2008
I was appalled when I heard the song for the first time. Then I heard it again, and I listened specifically to see what the message was. I felt like it brought hopelessness, and I was very upset by the song. After reading posts here, I can see how the twist on "Guess God must be busy" can be construed, but I do not think it in any way brings glory to God, and they need to be careful about the message they are sending. They have been blessed by God, and they need to spread his joy and hope through their songs...not defeat.
Brooks and Dunn fan

AOL

#8 Apr 9, 2008
Lisen to the song again, just because we pray for something doesn't mean that God will give us the answer we want. Maybe the girlfrend not coming back was the answer he needed. do you remember the song Thank God for unanswered prayers?
munk73

Huntsville, AL

#9 Apr 10, 2008
Amen to everything the previous post said...they are one hundred percent right. Thank you God for everything; personaly I can't bare to listen to the song. God is never TOO busy for anyone!
reality speaks

Daytona Beach, FL

#10 Sep 26, 2008
Don't know what the musicians actually meant but it doesn't really matter but it points to a truth.
The truth being that the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob doesn't answer because he is a myth, he does not exist.
Shakespeare

Phoenixville, PA

#11 Nov 7, 2008
I must say people can't hear what the true meaning of the song is. The song is saying that God answers prayers, just not always how we want. It is saying that God knows more, he knows what is right.

Since: Dec 08

Seal Beach, CA

#12 Dec 5, 2008
I feel like the song is fairly clear, very powerful.
Fun stuff

Canada

#13 Jun 20, 2012
I think he is just trying to use that as an excuse to why she didn't come back. He is searching for why god has made the decisions he has made. He is also saying that there are worst things in the world than his girlfriend leaving. Aka finding the little girl.
God is AT WORK

Lancaster, SC

#14 Aug 14, 2014
The song isn't saying that God is too busy to hear prayers and all of that. God is all knowing. The song is saying that He's at work in the world. God is at work and He knows what He's doing. Just because there's fighting in the world or that guys girl didn't come back doesn't mean that He doesn't hear prayers, just that sometimes the answer is "no". The fighting? Free will. But no ones truly knows what God has planned for that area. God must be busy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brooks & Dunn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shelburne signs, moving to Nashville (Jan '08) Nov '13 Bobbie 2
News Kenny Chesney Denies Rumors That He Is Gay (Mar '07) Aug '13 What_now 121
News Deck the Halls with Boughs of Clarkson Falalala... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Faloola Chong 1
News Country superstar Eddie Montgomery building res... (Aug '08) Sep '11 Yardman 164
News Solo success: Ronnie Dunn | The Columbus Dispatch (Jul '11) Jul '11 Tammy 4
News Keith Urban defying gravity (Nov '09) May '11 andrew j langham 3
News The Last Rodeo: Brooks and Dunn farewell tour r... (May '10) Feb '11 cheap prom dress 4
More from around the web