Liverpool News: Beatles Pete Best and Stuart Sutcliffe may be...

Apr 27, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Liverpool Daily Post

THE nearly men of Liverpool legends The Beatles could soon be immortalised forever in the city's streets.

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated May 6, 2011
Greg

Athens, Greece

#1 Apr 27, 2011
They indeed deserve it. Stuart was a gifted painter who if he had lived he would have been famous for his work. Mr. Best is a living legend like the other two.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#2 Apr 28, 2011
I agree my friend.
Charles

Anonymous Proxy

#3 May 1, 2011
I agree, but to a point. He deserves a wee bit of recognition and that's what he has now.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#4 May 2, 2011
Stu and Pete deserve to have streets named after them,the contributed greatly to the early stages of the Beatle's career.
I deeply beleive Brian Epstein belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, if Sir George Martin isn't in there, he belongs there too.
Sir George Martin was more than a producer, he was a friend, another creative constructive part of their music.
Sir George played on many of their tracks as well, he without a doubt is the 5th Beatle.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#5 May 2, 2011
awc wrote:
Stu and Pete deserve to have streets named after them,the contributed greatly to the early stages of the Beatle's career.
I deeply beleive Brian Epstein belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, if Sir George Martin isn't in there, he belongs there too.
Sir George Martin was more than a producer, he was a friend, another creative constructive part of their music.
Sir George played on many of their tracks as well, he without a doubt is the 5th Beatle.
Glad, so glad to have you here again. Sir George contributed a lot, he expanded their minds with his music knowledge. He helped a lot to their multiple artistic outlet, the right man came to fulfill this part of their talent. If you know what I mean. Some things are heaven guided, somehow comes the missing link.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#6 May 3, 2011
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>Glad, so glad to have you here again. Sir George contributed a lot, he expanded their minds with his music knowledge. He helped a lot to their multiple artistic outlet, the right man came to fulfill this part of their talent. If you know what I mean. Some things are heaven guided, somehow comes the missing link.
Thanks my friend,
Sir George challenged them to try harder, and you are so right, he contributed quite a bit to their music.
More than we will ever know, especially since Sir George is a very modest humble chap, who raised a great son Giles.
Poppa Jivebones

Everett, WA

#7 May 3, 2011
Best Avenue sounds like a road I'd like to travel on.Sutcliffe Lane for the artist who likes to paint landscape of a country road.I'm sure Pete Best would be honored it's cool they have a John Lennon airport I'm waiting for our lame country to put out a John Lennon stamp.
Prime Pork Sausages

London, UK

#8 May 4, 2011
trouble is, people will think ¨Sutcliffe lane"is named after Peter Sutcliffe. It would be like having a ¨West Boulevard¨ in Gloucester.
Pork Pie Hat

Renton, WA

#9 May 4, 2011
Yea they had better call it Stuart Sutcliffe Lane so there is no confusion.Who is Peter Sutcliffe? I only know Peter Griffith from family guy.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#10 May 4, 2011
And Brian...He did all he could to make them famous. The Beatles was his mission in life. OK, he liked John, but this wasn't the only reason. He appreciated talent, wanted to change his life as a record shop owner, do something that he would value as a person much more than the things that he had been doing. Business skills, love for the "hard but also talented men", guilts, all played the role to accomplish his mission. I have so much greatness for him, I don't mind if he was a gay...Let me ask you this:If it had been not Brian, the Beatles would have been "THE BEATLES"? Sorry for my English.
Bubba

Everett, WA

#11 May 4, 2011
Greg wrote:
And Brian...He did all he could to make them famous. The Beatles was his mission in life. OK, he liked John, but this wasn't the only reason. He appreciated talent, wanted to change his life as a record shop owner, do something that he would value as a person much more than the things that he had been doing. Business skills, love for the "hard but also talented men", guilts, all played the role to accomplish his mission. I have so much greatness for him, I don't mind if he was a gay...Let me ask you this:If it had been not Brian, the Beatles would have been "THE BEATLES"? Sorry for my English.
Right on Greg Brian Epstein Boulevard sounds right to me.
Prime Pork Sausages

London, UK

#12 May 4, 2011
Pork Pie Hat wrote:
Yea they had better call it Stuart Sutcliffe Lane so there is no confusion.Who is Peter Sutcliffe? I only know Peter Griffith from family guy.
Peter Sutcliffe is the Yorkshire Ripper, now serving life without parole for being a serial killer.
Pork Pie Hat

Everett, WA

#13 May 4, 2011
Prime Pork Sausages wrote:
<quoted text>Peter Sutcliffe is the Yorkshire Ripper, now serving life without parole for being a serial killer.
Oh I get it like Jack the ripper.He should of got the death sentence like John Lennon's killer but they let these sick bastards rot in prison while the tax payers pay for it.
the See-Thru Kid

London, UK

#14 May 5, 2011
have you got a ¨Ted Bundy Boulevard¨ in the USA?
Poppa Jivebones

Everett, WA

#15 May 5, 2011
the See-Thru Kid wrote:
have you got a ¨Ted Bundy Boulevard¨ in the USA?
Always some clown on here with a stupid comment.Ted Bundy Blvd. is in hell not the USA fool.
Rip Snorter

Nuneaton, UK

#18 May 6, 2011
Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>Always some clown on here with a stupid comment.Ted Bundy Blvd. is in hell not the USA fool.
we all know he is dead, but why don´t you name a street after him?
Poppa Jivebones

Everett, WA

#19 May 6, 2011
Rip Snorter wrote:
<quoted text>we all know he is dead, but why don´t you name a street after him?
Should it be rapist street or maybe killer hiway? He desreves no honor or street named after his sorry ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Epstein Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Monday - 8/27/12 (Aug '12) Aug '12 Next 1
Brian Epstein 1967: Beatles manager dies Brian ... (Aug '06) May '12 Mrs Broiler 5
Brian Epstein biofilm gets OK to license Beatle... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Bubba 4
Tempe businessman's signs illegal, city says (Feb '11) Feb '11 Glen 1
Film about Brian Epstein in the works (Dec '08) Dec '08 awc 9
The last man standing in the Beatles inner circle (Nov '08) Nov '08 awc 1
1967: Beatles manager dies Brian Epstein found ... (Sep '07) Apr '08 awc 10
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Brian Epstein People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••