CD review

CD review

There are 4 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Dec 9, 2008, titled CD review. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Brandy Epic Records, ** 1/2 During her four years off the pop charts, Brandy hasn't been "chilling." The '90s pop sensation, who sold more than 25 million albums worldwide during the decade and starred in her ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Brandy Fan

AOL

#1 Dec 9, 2008
Like Britney Spears, Brandy blazed a trail that had my daughters as fans. Like Brandy my daughter was in Seventeen mag and on Brandy's MTV Fanantic special. They have those gorgeous eyes. Brandy made the Usher mistake of feuding with her mother and losing my respect. Brandy's TV show was so funny until she added her brother and turned it thuggish. Her first 2 CDs I still play. "Best Friend" is my favorite song. Her remix with Latifiah and the other female rapper joins my list of best remixes with Sean Combs and Janet's man (forgot his name, Dru Hill remix). Time for Britney and Brandy (with below average voices) to retire and raise their children.

Keep up the great writing Rashod!!!!
B-RYAN

Rye, NY

#2 Dec 9, 2008
Ive listened to Brandy's album 4 times from beginning to end and I must say Brandy never left. Her sultry and raspy yet smooth soulful vocals cant even be put in the same catagory as the yelling and screaming and t-paining. For those who say its not R and B , explain what R and B is now days cuz I dont know other than neyo... otherwise Brandy is creating a definitiion of her own and thats VETEREN. Her emotional verses with trills and libs on every track makes you wanna rewind it and try to mimick. Her harmonys are sooo profound it takes quite a few listens to process all the music that is happening on each track. But i forgot this generation wants it simple, they want single ladys, voguing, oh and SEX on the table. Now everyone should have a place in music incl all ppl. her album may be HUMAN for us Posers
A Real Brandy Fan

Floyds Knobs, IN

#3 Dec 14, 2008
First & foremost this album review by Rashod D. Ollison is absolutely GARBAGE! YES I SAID IT!. He needs to first actually listen to the album in its entirety(maybe 2 or 3 times for his own good)before you review an quality record that is HUMAN.Then u need to get your facts straight about the album sales ok? For the record; 1st album-4x Platinum,2nd one-5x Platinum, 3rd one-Platinum,4th one-Gold. Thanks. Anyhow back to the present. The new album is AMAZING from start to finish. "Warm It Up(With Love)" is refreshing."Right Here" timeless record that makes u feel good."Piano Man" Absolutely Bangin!"Long Distance" so sincere & heartfelt. That record will be Huge watch and see! I can go on & on about each & every song. There is not one wack song on this album. This album just flows from start to finish no need to skip songs, just quality R&B music that's sorely missing in the game right now. Brandy congrats girl with this one u really outdid yourself. Stay true to yourself and don't worry about the haters cause they are a gimmick jus like the person who officially reviewed your album. Much Success To You & Look forward to seeing you on tour. This album gets **** 1/2 stars.
Madasar

Hayes, UK

#4 Dec 14, 2008
Brandy's best album was full moon.
Human is pretty average.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brandy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is the extremely cute love interest in the ... (Nov '14) Nov '14 shellybee 1
News Must-See: Brandy, MC Lyte, Queen Latifah, Yo-Yo... (Nov '14) Nov '14 brandy t 2
News Why Brandy almost gave up on music (Oct '12) Oct '12 Sanjay singh 1
News American Idol: Here are the 125 soul/R&B song c... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Charles Fuhrmann 2
News Review: Brandy's new CD 'Human' (Dec '08) Jul '09 Wewe 12
News Hasselhoff, Brandy Become 'Talent' Scouts - Pai... (Dec '07) Jun '08 lorne2214 8
News Steve "Static" Garrett (May '06) Mar '08 T Lou KY 2
More from around the web